Can somebody please explain to me ......

10 hours ago, Ginger b*stard said:

What tactics do we use?

what are our strong points?

How do we set up to win a game of football?

I cannot answer these questions. 

Too much thinking and tinkering going on. Players are probably p@$$d with the changes for each opponent.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

As I thought, you made it up 

I think CC thinks he has clever tactics that are well considered. But just ends up the slow drudge.

We need to just have a formation and attack like 1st season. Let the opposition worry about us, not us them 

1 hour ago, Steevo said:

I've been to more than a 1,000 home games and yesterday was almost certainly the dullest, most boring one.

I am really thinking about no season ticket next season and just picking and choosing. First time since 1973.

CC has to go right now. We are wasting a season here.

As i said before think 6th and 4th apparently it makes everything ok

10 hours ago, vulva said:

We aren't playing great at present, but we aren't a million miles off. A couple of astute loan signings in January, together with the return to full fitness of Lee, Hutchinson, Forestieri and Boyd, and we will be close.

This league starts properly in January, and the bigger squads, with quality, will pull through. 

so. 2 loans in and the 4 players you named to come back in. thats more than 60% of the team changed.  id say a million miles off.  

The team is so disjointed from what the fans want to see.  obviously they are playing to what the manager is asking.  a 1-0 smash and grab attempt at home to Bristol City is just not good enough.   this 1-0 (trying) attempt to win games like the old Italian teams used to do is boring and a waste of resources.

Edited by swinners

2 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

We seem to try and go around teams and make an aerial cross for our strikers who rarely score from headers....

Then repeat this a dozen times each game. 

Our strikers score loads from headers. Think back...

Off the top of my head:-

Hooper 2 so far.

Rhodes Millwall.

All three of Rhodes last season.

Fletch v Udders, Rotherham, Derby, Newcastle

Its a huge strength.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our strikers score loads from headers. Think back...

Off the top of my head:-

Hooper 2 so far.

Rhodes Millwall.

All three of Rhodes last season.

Fletch v Udders, Rotherham, Derby, Newcastle

Its a huge strength.

You need to consider goals scored from a header vs attempts made......

Not many headed goals this season and I know the stats will back me up on that. Perhaps 2-3 goals from a header in the league.

Generally we are missing the type of goals that FF scores. 

No I am not reopening any debate on him or his position it's just he scores goals out of nothing. A bit of skill, a panic by a defender he put under pressure or a speculative shot etc.

Look at the difference it made when Reach got one out of nothing at Villa 

Other than that and set pieces it feels like we have to put together a fantastic passing move just to get an attempt. 

We need some freebies, funny how they seem to come when you are playing with confidence , which we aren't at the moment 

Having thought about it for a while, the big thing we don't seem to do now compared to Carlos' first season is take a shot from distance. Wallace, Bannan and Reach aside I can't think of anyone who really has a go from distance. We seem to need to take an extra touch every time we get near or in the box. It does remind me of that episode of the IT Crowd where they learn to 'speak football' and they say "the trouble with Arsenal is they always try to walk it in" it's just like that. We do pass the ball round very well and I'm not against keeping the ball, I can point to examples of goals we have scored which have come from keeping the ball and drawing the opposition out. Sometimes though you do just have to leather it, a bit of magic from distance could have easily won the game yesterday.

8 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Generally we are missing the type of goals that FF scores. 

No I am not reopening any debate on him or his position it's just he scores goals out of nothing. A bit of skill, a panic by a defender he put under pressure or a speculative shot etc.

Look at the difference it made when Reach got one out of nothing at Villa 

Other than that and set pieces it feels like we have to put together a fantastic passing move just to get an attempt. 

We need some freebies, funny how they seem to come when you are playing with confidence , which we aren't at the moment 

And I will keep off the "position" debate.

But this time last year, with FF having played every game except Norwich, we had 18 goals from 17 games, and Fernando was doing very little.

Share style. Same favourites for three seasons. 

Refusal to change and evolve. 

Maybe we are not far off but we are also a million miles away. 

Unless he is changed nothing will change. 

Doesn't matter who we get in jan, they won't get a game anyway.