Can somebody please explain to me ......

The players we have available only allow us to play a certain way 

Look at those 2 upfront. Good players in their own right for differing reasons but playing them together we have to play like we do

Neither have pace, therefore the game is always condensed as no real out ball through the channel or neither able to get past the last man with a burst 

No pressing on the opposition back 4, Rhodes presses like he had lead boots on, Hooper rarely breaks sweat 

In our more attacking/entertaining days FF  used to work his balls off to get into the faces of the defence, add to this his ability on the ball and willingness to chase down average passes, these 2 opitimise our whole team and tempo 

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

Apparently if you constantly mutter to yourself 6th and 4th everything is so much better .

Chuck in improved every season and everything is awesome. Deluded Apologism at it's worst.

Still can't believe Carlos has virtually the same starting 11 as 2 seasons ago. That lack of improving the side, after chucking millions at the squad is a sackable offence in itself. Especially when the Chairman is telling the fans they have to pay through the nose, for Carlos to wee wee money down the drain.

Outrageous.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Chuck in improved every season and everything is awesome. Deluded Apologism at it's worst.

Still can't believe Carlos has virtually the same starting 11 as 2 seasons ago. That lack of improving the side, after chucking millions at the squad is a sackable offence in itself. Especially when the Chairman is telling the fans they have to pay through the nose, for Carlos to wee wee money down the drain.

Outrageous.

We still need the same areas to improve us as a team as we did the day after the play off final despite spending circa £40m

Our opportunity lost??

27 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Carlos doesn't set up to win.

He sets up not to lose, with a reduced possibility of winning if we get lucky.

Shocking to watch, and not where we want to be as a club or a brand.

Taking into account the quality and cost of our squad, and the cost of watching us, this is the worst 2 years of football I've endured in 37 years of watching us.

It's total dog turd football, steaming and smells like something has died.

Yeah, you're right, he sets us up not to win, to mis-hit 3 yard passes and for Rhodes to head over the bar from 6 yards, obviously. 

The other week he said go out there and take the game to Villa and control the game, but yesterday he said play boring football and create few chances, well done you've nailed it.

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Outrageous.

I spent most of the game looking around the ground , the eyesore that is leppings lane , the directors box full of empty seats , the padded blue seats  behind totally empty , lights off in some boxes. 

Shocking football ,strikers that have been converted to nonscoring strikers, not a through ball to run on to in sight , a keeper that strolls around as if we are winning 4-0 before passing to the opposition , a manager that is strangling the life out of the club and a chairman that doesn't know football ( not his fault) that thinks he is doing a good job 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Carlos doesn't set up to win.

He sets up not to lose, with a reduced possibility of winning if we get lucky.

Shocking to watch, and not where we want to be as a club or a brand.

Taking into account the quality and cost of our squad, and the cost of watching us, this is the worst 2 years of football I've endured in 37 years of watching us.

It's total dog turd football, steaming and smells like something has died.

Can even any TippyTappyClapologist disagree with that?

Yesterday, considering the talent on display, was as bad as anything under Irvine or Gray.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ginger b*stard said:

What tactics do we use?

what are our strong points?

How do we set up to win a game of football?

I cannot answer these questions. 

we dont , Carlos sets us up to to not lose. 

It was poor but nowhere near the lows of 2 nil nils on the trot at home to Grimsby and Rushden and Diamonds.

However, Chansiri needs to remember why he sacked Gray and went for CC. He said many times he wanted attacking and entertaining football. He is the boss and should give CC a reminder of what he wanted. In the Championship a good attacking team flies up the table no need to be overly cautious just good at the basics

21 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

It was poor but nowhere near the lows of 2 nil nils on the trot at home to Grimsby and Rushden and Diamonds.

However, Chansiri needs to remember why he sacked Gray and went for CC. He said many times he wanted attacking and entertaining football. He is the boss and should give CC a reminder of what he wanted. In the Championship a good attacking team flies up the table no need to be overly cautious just good at the basics

5-1 @ Stevenage wasn't the best either

9 hours ago, Ginger b*stard said:

We haven’t got a style of play or any tactics. I was so bored yesterday watching the game that i was looking up to the rafters.

We haven't got any players with  flare or pace and our midfield hasn’t been right all season. 

Can we turn this around? I dont know but the negativity in the ground is unbearable.

Not been going long have you 

51 minutes ago, Steevo said:

I've been to more than a 1,000 home games and yesterday was almost certainly the dullest, most boring one.

I am really thinking about no season ticket next season and just picking and choosing. First time since 1973.

CC has to go right now. We are wasting a season here.

Absolute tripe. It's not the most boring game this season, never mind the last 1,000. I once dismantled a Nokia during a home game against Crystal Palace. 

Every home under Irvine was like having diarrhoea and trying to pick the toilet door lock with a rubber band. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolute tripe. It's not the most boring game this season, never mind the last 1,000. I once dismantled a Nokia during a home game against Crystal Palace. 

Every home under Irvine was like having diarrhoea and trying to pick the toilet door lock with a rubber band. 

So true and people forget. 

lol

never mind next time we get to the play off final they’ll all shuffle out from under their rocks again, swear they haven’t missed a match since the 80s but somehow haven’t managed to accumulate any priority points and then go on to pay £300 for a club Wembley ticket.