COMPLAINT : Bad Language in family stand

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People sit in the family stand to get away from it

It's a family stand, generally recognised where familes go and spend their day together watching the football away from those who have the same opinion as yourself (that their opinion on how life should be should be just accepted by everyone else).

The Sheffield Wednesday family stand should be free from idiots, bad language, violence and anything else that is deemed 'non family friendly'

I'm amazed this needs saying, to be honest.

If you take your kid to sit anywhere else in the 30,000+ available seats at Hillsborough, then you accept the risk that they might overhear some naughty words, but the couple of thousand seats which make up the family stand are supposed to be free from that risk, what with that being it's entire raison d'être and all.

If you want to swear at the football, then knock yourself out - f*ck, c*nt and b*llocks 'til your face is as blue as your language - just sod off and do it in any of the 30,000+ seats where parents and young children aren't going to be upset by it, you selfish gits!

:duntmatter:

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Spot on. 

Its a small portion of the ground and needs to be totally unthreatening for youngsters.

We are not alone sadly. I took my boy into the Forest Family area last season, and after Abdi's goal a dad stood up and reeled off the foulest, angriest tirade imaginable.

Clubs should do more. I'm no angel here, but when you choose the Family Stand you do it for a reason, and you respect it.

I was in that area for the forest game with my little one pretending to be "neutral", the bloke you refer to was seriously unhinged...however without kids and and a few sherbets in me I would undoubtedly have said something unwise

15 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Getting a bit fed up with the bad language in there.

I'm in there because I have a 6 year old and don't want him picking up some of the stuff that's regularly being shouted by adults who appear to just be in groups- no kids in sight, week in week out.

There are plenty of other places for people without kids to sit who want to F and Geoff- if you're one of them try and curb your language or if you can't, maybe find somewhere else to sit?

What do you do when the Bounce song is being sung ?

16 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Getting a bit fed up with the bad language in there.

I'm in there because I have a 6 year old and don't want him picking up some of the stuff that's regularly being shouted by adults who appear to just be in groups- no kids in sight, week in week out.

There are plenty of other places for people without kids to sit who want to F and Geoff- if you're one of them try and curb your language or if you can't, maybe find somewhere else to sit?

Absolutely agree with what you say but I will say that having sat up there with my Dad for the odd cup game (sober) it is so easy to let the odd sweard word slip out when frustration takes hold, especially this season!

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What do you do when the Bounce song is being sung ?

Drew sings if you don't bouncy bounce. As it goes he was complaining about swearing Saturday. He's also 6 for purpose of this thread.

I take him on North, Kop end so that we can be with other family members, I also know that you can't protect them from swearing and nor would I want to. He's heard many people swear and will no matter what I do to try and prevent it, he is just taught what is and isn't acceptable for a child.

Having said all of that there's been a few occasions I've considered the family stand because he really doesn't like it when people start losing control, he says it's the swearing but he'll have heard swearing at other points in the match. It's definitely when people start going bat sh it crazy, Saturday was after the pen appeal on Bannan

They should put rules in for the purchase of tickets up there and you should report anyone who's behaviour you're not happy with

Edited by Ash76

11 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Proper fans of proper clubs  swear. If you want a sterile atmosphere take your kids to Old Trafford.

Was going to use my first post to take aim at this ridiculous statement; but then saw that his account says "Interests: Rocket League" and decided that he/she is probably as young as some of the kids in the family enclosure 

11 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Absolutely agree with what you say but I will say that having sat up there with my Dad for the odd cup game (sober) it is so easy to let the odd sweard word slip out when frustration takes hold, especially this season!

I take my 6yr old and the odd swear word doesn't bother me and I think every other parent will be the same but I've had it when every other word is a f-word and it I intimidates them. 

If you don't want kids to hear swearing you shouldn't take them to the football match whether in the family stand or not.

I  mean is the OP seriously suggesting the songs from the cop and surrounding areas don't reach the family stand or that the children shut their ears to it when the air is thronging with if you don't effing bounce you're a blade and Neil warnock is a shuffler.

Edited by Vic Flange

10 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

If you don't want kids to hear swearing you shouldn't take them to the football match whether in the family stand or not.

I don't think the OP is saying he isn't expecting not hear it around the ground, just not specifically in the very few seats designated specifically for families. 

Its not that difficult

Sadly as much as you try to protect your kids from hearing this sort of thing, where ever you sit in a football ground you're going to get swearing.

At least you'll not hear as much in the Family Stand as you do elsewhere in the ground but I do often wonder why anybody would go into the family stand to watch the match when they don't have any kids and then shout and swear the entire match.

Surely they'd be happy elsewhere in the ground?

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

They should put rules in for the purchase of tickets up there and you should report anyone who's behaviour you're not happy with

Does this include people who go the toilet 5 minutes before half time, and leave 5 minutes before full time?

They really annoy me.

As does the woman behind me whose perfume has a very strong vanilla essence and quite honestly is overpowering to the point I think I might faint.

Can't you ask to move seats? Unless you have the best view of course.  Although you shouldn't have to. 

I sit in North stand in front of two old guys who can't compose a sentence unless it's got nøbhead in it.  When we beat Leeds 3-0 they just sat there in stony silence looking miserable.  

Mind you, we've got a few on here like that I think.  

Why do adults swear at footy?  They wouldn't do it in Tesco if they'd run out of cheese.  

On 19/11/2017 at 08:12, Holmowl said:

Spot on. 

Its a small portion of the ground and needs to be totally unthreatening for youngsters.

We are not alone sadly. I took my boy into the Forest Family area last season, and after Abdi's goal a dad stood up and reeled off the foulest, angriest tirade imaginable.

Clubs should do more. I'm no angel here, but when you choose the Family Stand you do it for a reason, and you respect it.

I got nutted up there last week by some p!ss ed who was there with a group of mates...sat there 15 years! f'in family standf and I got nutted!!!

On 11/19/2017 at 08:35, GHS said:

I sit up there and luckily so far not heard anything over the top.

I normally mutter FFS quite often under my breath but even that takes disciplne this season. lol

Nice pint of The Owls session ipa though and smaller queues. Bliss. 

this is why I sit up there, I have 3 kids but don't take any to football with me

It's a free country & I will sit up there as it's my absolute right to do so, why should just families be able to take advantage of the excellent view & facilities at reasonable prices?

I always try to watch the language but it's a game of football at the end of the day, passions run high, when I did used to take my lad we always had a rule he couldn't repeat anything he heard at football to his mum or at school. He quite liked that, he'd get a clip if he ever swore in front of his parents.

I'm not saying you don't have a point & sometimes it's over the language is over the top in there I agree, I'm just telling you that it's just a family stand otherwise I wouldn't be able to sit up there as none of us have kids who have season tickets.

6 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

this is why I sit up there, I have 3 kids but don't take any to football with me

It's a free country & I will sit up there as it's my absolute right to do so, why should just families be able to take advantage of the excellent view & facilities at reasonable prices?

I always try to watch the language but it's a game of football at the end of the day, passions run high, when I did used to take my lad we always had a rule he couldn't repeat anything he heard at football to his mum or at school. He quite liked that, he'd get a clip if he ever swore in front of his parents.

I'm not saying you don't have a point & sometimes it's over the language is over the top in there I agree, I'm just telling you that it's just a family stand otherwise I wouldn't be able to sit up there as none of us have kids who have season tickets.

lol

We do this