COMPLAINT : Bad Language in family stand

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not saying it's right but it happens at football, if you don't want your kids to hear swearing then best off taking them to the pantomime.

He is at a pantomime.

Had an incident against the blunts, bloke stood up at 2-0 and used F, C, B in the space of 30 seconds. It was a proper spectacular rant at CC. A woman confronted him and then went to get a steward, while I tried to have a sensible word to say that he can't do that in the family stand, which resulted in 'I've sat here for fifteen Fing years'. Lots of kids quite upset about it all. Fortunately a steward came to have a word, he shut up and hasn't been back. 

Well out of order. Best thing is to go find a steward, they actually do something and look to sort it out. The odd swear if not excusable is understandable, going in the family stand with a foul mouth is unacceptable. 

Also why would 4 grown men come and sit in this stand with no kids? Bit weird that in it? Keeps happening around our area.

26 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

He was terrible yesterday. 

New nickname for him; the Labrador. Lots of enthusiasm and pace but zero control, restraint or composure. 

Bit harsh that,

plenty of Labrador's do have control, restraint and composure. 

17 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Had an incident against the blunts, bloke stood up at 2-0 and used F, C, B in the space of 30 seconds. It was a proper spectacular rant at CC. A woman confronted him and then went to get a steward, while I tried to have a sensible word to say that he can't do that in the family stand, which resulted in 'I've sat here for fifteen Fing years'. Lots of kids quite upset about it all. Fortunately a steward came to have a word, he shut up and hasn't been back. 

Well out of order. Best thing is to go find a steward, they actually do something and look to sort it out. The odd swear if not excusable is understandable, going in the family stand with a foul mouth is unacceptable. 

Also why would 4 grown men come and sit in this stand with no kids? Bit weird that in it? Keeps happening around our area.

Well said

That's the best way to handle it

Bullies and idiots only do it because they're allowed to get away with it

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I have a season ticket in the Grandstand. I also go on my own. I choose the GS as I like to see the bigger picture when watching football. I like seeing just how static and unmoving our slow motion play is.

Anyway, there are groups of middle aged guys who do just shout and swear all match long. Not to mention the guy two rows in front who stands and hurls abuse several times a game for the most minor events. 

Stewards should do more. One warning and then ejection for the family area IMO. 

Are you allowed in the family stand without a child then? I know for other clubs such as the pigs you have to purchase at least one child ticket with every adult ticket. 

3 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Are you allowed in the family stand without a child then? I know for other clubs such as the pigs you have to purchase at least one child ticket with every adult ticket. 

I hate to say it, especially about them, but that seems a decent idea.

3 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I assumed that would be the rule in all family stands. I've never sat up there because its impossible to get through 90 minutes of watching Wednesday without doing at least one swear.

I'm prepared to take the pelters. ..but things changed when the terraces were seated. 

19 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

People need to live in the real world plus hearing swearing at football is hardly end of the world

People sit in the family stand to get away from it

It's a family stand, generally recognised where familes go and spend their day together watching the football away from those who have the same opinion as yourself (that their opinion on how life should be should be just accepted by everyone else).

The Sheffield Wednesday family stand should be free from idiots, bad language, violence and anything else that is deemed 'non family friendly'

Owlstalk Shop