COMPLAINT : Bad Language in family stand

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

The daft thing is, unless you have your young 'un with you, the Family Stand is the last place in the ground you want to sit.

In an exciting game its like a school-girl hockey international.

Exactly . It’s bad enough having to sit through Carlos brand of football without being abLe to have the odd chunter and moan! 

I once sat up there and kept a lid on the language for obvious reasons. It was like being in McDonald’s or one of those god awful family friendly marstons ‘pubs’ . Why anybody without kids would want to sit up there is beyond me 

6 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Been there mate. Unfortunately whilst you're trying to protect the little un as much as you can (the right thing to do), they'll be exposed to the bad language at school when you're not with them. There'll be someone's little angel explaining all the swear words to them.

Expect the question "Dad, what does **** mean?" in due course. 

Good luck though.

I agree, and that does happen- but it doesn't make it right.

6 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not saying it's right but it happens at football, if you don't want your kids to hear swearing then best off taking them to the pantomime.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. I've deliberately got tickets in the family stand for that reason- that I don't expect people to keep it clean in other areas, but in the family stand they should. 

Hillsbrough is poisonous at the moment

Too many gobshite chavs turning on the players and management...They've decided their not happy and someone....anyone...will have to have it in the neck..

Smash the opposition or you'll regret it..Sheffield over demanding and general dourness doesn't need encouragement..

Could see it coming a mile off as the Blades won on Friday...Toys are right out now.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly . It’s bad enough having to sit through Carlos brand of football without being abLe to have the odd chunter and moan! 

I once sat up there and kept a lid on the language for obvious reasons. It was like being in McDonald’s or one of those god awful family friendly marstons ‘pubs’ . Why anybody without kids would want to sit up there is beyond me 

To be honest, it's more vocal than I thought, but I don't really have an issue with that- I can swear like a trooper at times, but I don't find it at all difficult not to do it in front of my kid- I think it's maybe happened once in 6 years. 

Im not saying remove the passion from the stand, just the swearing. It's only 3 blocks (what, 1500 seats?) in a 40k stadium- if you can't manage it then just sit somewhere else (ffs) lol

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

To be honest, it's more vocal than I thought, but I don't really have an issue with that- I can swear like a trooper at times, but I don't find it at all difficult not to do it in front of my kid- I think it's maybe happened once in 6 years. 

Im not saying remove the passion from the stand, just the swearing. It's only 3 blocks (what, 1500 seats?) in a 40k stadium- if you can't manage it then just sit somewhere else (ffs) lol

What caused it to happen the one time? Too many disappointing incident to hazard a guess.

lol

5 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

What caused it to happen the one time? Too many disappointing incident to hazard a guess.

lol

Not football related- someone jumping a red light under Tinsley Viaduct and nearly running into us 'w@n.ker' - promptly repeated about 2 seconds later by a then 3 year old lol

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Agreed ....

7 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not saying it's right but it happens at football, if you don't want your kids to hear swearing then best off taking them to the pantomime.

Of course it does. 

Not saying it’s a good thing but bloody hell lol 

Edited by Animal

7 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The kids near me swear more than the adults.

One youngster yesterday kept calling Carlos a boring tw*t, and Loovens a slow old c*nt.

I just don't know where my lads get it from. I apologise for any offence caused.

12 minutes ago, Moaty78 said:

I take it you're not a chav and happy

I can see theres a few things that could be improved in the team..we could still do with a hardman in midfield.

But apart from that id rate it as not suicidal or throwing myself on the supermarket floor but could be improvements...everyone seems to have forgotton the incredible run we went on last season..but theyve decided anyway now

Me and my two lads sit in there. It's usually pretty sensible, but I have noticed the occasional group of older (40s/50s) blokes up there. Not heard too much in the way of swearing, but I have wondered why people would pick there if they have no kids. There's plenty left of the grandstand that is not the family zone, so why pick the blocks that are?!

Edited by Bearwood Owl1