COMPLAINT : Bad Language in family stand

11 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm just being a realist, doesn't matter how many people complain about it on here, they will always swear. 

They may do, but we need to keep our family stand sterile from it

That's the point of a family stand

Anyone swearing in a family stand is an idiot and needs pointing out to the club and kicking out

Owlstalk Shop

I wasn't in the family stand (north lepp end) but I was driven to apoplectic rage on about 80 mins when 3 players neshed tackles and allowed bristol to stride forward. My language was literally uncontrollable for about 20 seconds. I apologise to anyone sat around me but not been as mad since the pigs game. Watching Wednesday is seriously not good for my health and I'm sick of the lot of em

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not saying it's right but it happens at football, if you don't want your kids to hear swearing then best off taking them to the pantomime.

i was very surprised this week when I went to the Christmas Spectacular Show at Thursford, and the Compere/comedian did a full 2&1/2 hrs, with only a few 'smutty' jokes and NOT ONE SWEAR WORD. What a pleasure. The number of shows I've seen live and on telly, and had to switch off because of foul language is amazing. It would appear that very few people can get by without swearing these days. I'm no prude, and can F&B with the best after 30years underground, but there are times and places, and the Family Stand is NOT one of them. I suggest you attempt to get the seat no. then report it to the club, who I'm sure will take appropriate action.

The main trouble today is that nobody seems to respect anyone else's view or opinion. One of the best parts of my day yesterday happened on the bridge just outside the gates on Penistone Road. Just been dropped off by my daughter, I was approached by a chap in black overcoat wearing a Red hat and Bristol City Scarf. He asked me where he could get a drink , and a simple question turned into a 10 min chat. No swearing, just a pleasant exchange of views. That's the way supporters of any club should behave!

• Like 1

My lads got me as a dad so he never had any hope, which is why we stand on the north, also so we can laugh at the woman who literally to this day doesnt seem to know any players names, used to just call Nuhiu "big lad", always gets Hutch and Loovrens confused when we are defending the kop. Makes for a more entertaining game lol

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

My near 14 year old rants when playing FIFA as it is much to the annoyance of Mrs MK. Having been on the Kop he will be able to annoy her more by adding some colour to his rants

Of course. Lets be honest, at 14 they hear and probably use trooper language every break at school.

But the Family Stand has loads of 5-10 year olds too.

6 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Getting a bit fed up with the bad language in there.

I'm in there because I have a 6 year old and don't want him picking up some of the stuff that's regularly being shouted by adults who appear to just be in groups- no kids in sight, week in week out.

There are plenty of other places for people without kids to sit who want to F and Geoff- if you're one of them try and curb your language or if you can't, maybe find somewhere else to sit?

We have just the same problem at Bramall Lane.  I go with my two young children.  We have season tickets in the so-called Family Stand (John Street Stand).  Week after week there are clearly articulated obscene mouthfuls coming from the seats all around us.  When I point out to them that my children can hear them, they always say 'Sorry'.  Unfortunately they are only quiet until the next bad tackle or (in their opinion) questionable refereeing decision.

Of course we know that school can often be the same.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have safe places we can get away from it.

It's disappointing.

21 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

While yer at it..Stop kids playin' f.ookin' football at the bottom of the Kop...They used to kick a can about...They brought a bloody ball in yesterday...nearly dropped me pie!!!

Mate, that was Loovens and Lees doing some patient possession play. Sit nice and deep, easy does it. lol

7 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm in there because I have a 6 year old and don't want him picking up some of the stuff that's regularly being shouted by adults who appear to just be in groups- no kids in sight, week in week out.

There are plenty of other places for people without kids to sit who want to F and Geoff- if you're one of them try and curb your language or if you can't, maybe find somewhere else to sit?

The club do have a clear policy on not tolerating bad language in the family area. https://www.swfc.co.uk/fans/family/

Which block do you sit in? My S/t is outside the family zone, I originally moved up there a few years ago when I was taking my young un. He's stopped going as much now, probably a good thing as he could be put off for life by the snoozefest we produce all too often but I have kept my seat as the view is great and you can get a good kip without being disturbed during some games!

I've not found the offensive language to occur that often where I am to be fair but must confess to the odd uncontrollable rant at the ref every now and again.

It's difficult to control as even if you sit in the family area and it's cut down or cut out in there, the kids will still hear the f**k of United, if you don't f*****g bounce or the referee's a w****r from the rest of the ground.

7 hours ago, A12owl said:

Would it be best to report it to a steward even discreetly.  Isn't there a text number to use during the game for an instant action. Seem to remember reading something recently on swfc web site about security in the ground  . That probably qualifies.

Our idiotic fans would probably then blame the steward for daring to try and sort the problem out.

7 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He`s probably heard worse in the school playground. 

I have a season ticket in the Grandstand. I also go on my own. I choose the GS as I like to see the bigger picture when watching football. I like seeing just how static and unmoving our slow motion play is.

Anyway, there are groups of middle aged guys who do just shout and swear all match long. Not to mention the guy two rows in front who stands and hurls abuse several times a game for the most minor events. 

Stewards should do more. One warning and then ejection for the family area IMO. 

8 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Constant swearing shows a limited vocabulary and intelligence.

F***** Joao though!

There are occasions where one could pontificate by using 20 words but 1 or 2 will suffice in getting straight to the point!