COMPLAINT : Bad Language in family stand

Getting a bit fed up with the bad language in there.

I'm in there because I have a 6 year old and don't want him picking up some of the stuff that's regularly being shouted by adults who appear to just be in groups- no kids in sight, week in week out.

There are plenty of other places for people without kids to sit who want to F and Geoff- if you're one of them try and curb your language or if you can't, maybe find somewhere else to sit?

• Like 1

Spot on. 

Its a small portion of the ground and needs to be totally unthreatening for youngsters.

We are not alone sadly. I took my boy into the Forest Family area last season, and after Abdi's goal a dad stood up and reeled off the foulest, angriest tirade imaginable.

Clubs should do more. I'm no angel here, but when you choose the Family Stand you do it for a reason, and you respect it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Spot on. 

Its a small portion of the ground and needs to be totally unthreatening for youngsters.

We are not alone sadly. I took my boy into the Forest Family area last season, and after Abdi's goal a dad stood up and reeled off the foulest, angriest tirade imaginable.

Clubs should do more. I'm no angel here, but when you choose the Family Stand you do it for a reason, and you respect it.

I've already had a word with two people sat round me about it, and in fairness they both immediately apologised, but then next game (clearly after a few pints) they're off again, and it's difficult not to start sounding like a broken record.

I think there are people that have taken advantage of the £45 under elevens tickets just to get a seat next to them where their mate can sit every now and again- I thought there was a rule about not being able to but single tickets in there, but there seem to be plenty of mouthy single blokes to me.

My near 14 year old rants when playing FIFA as it is much to the annoyance of Mrs MK. Having been on the Kop he will be able to annoy her more by adding some colour to his rants

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Would it be best to report it to a steward even discreetly.  Isn't there a text number to use during the game for an instant action. Seem to remember reading something recently on swfc web site about security in the ground  . That probably qualifies.

Yes, possibly- but I also think it's worth raising in here as Owlstalk is quite far reaching, and perhaps a few might think twice if they read something on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Getting a bit fed up with the bad language in there.

I'm in there because I have a 6 year old and don't want him picking up some of the stuff that's regularly being shouted by adults who appear to just be in groups- no kids in sight, week in week out.

There are plenty of other places for people without kids to sit who want to F and Geoff- if you're one of them try and curb your language or if you can't, maybe find somewhere else to sit?

Should tell 'em to fuckoff and say to them what incosideratebastards they are and it's probably best to go and sit with the rest of thewankers who want to shout and swear every twattingminute of the cuntingmatch.

On the plus side, you can take heart from the fact that your 6 year old son will be calling anybody who upsets him in school during the week a useless, overpaid crapbastard.

• Haha 4

Been there mate. Unfortunately whilst you're trying to protect the little un as much as you can (the right thing to do), they'll be exposed to the bad language at school when you're not with them. There'll be someone's little angel explaining all the swear words to them.

Expect the question "Dad, what does **** mean?" in due course. 

Good luck though.

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not saying it's right but it happens at football, if you don't want your kids to hear swearing then best off taking them to the pantomime.

That's an unacceptable answer.

It does happen at football but the whole point of having a family stand is so that you can take your kids without having to hear it in that part of the ground.

Owlstalk Shop