Change your approach Carlos please

Whilst I wasn't at Aston Villa so can't comment on that performance which was very positively reported, - yesterday's performance was truly abysmal.  Bannan for one played far more deeply than he has done of late and until the last 10 minutes or so, didn't make the kind of forward movements that he has done in the previous few games.  In general, the movement going forward was poor and I didn't see players making angles for passes by the player in possession.  As I wrote on another thread, I think yesterday must have broke the record for backward passes.  I also agree with the poster who said Westwood wastes a lot of time.  Not only when the ball is in his possession and "in play" but also when the ball has gone out for a goal kick.  He's constantly moaning at other players before he then finally retrieves the ball and places it to take the goal kick, - then he takes an age to actually take the kick.

Yesterday's game was boring from beginning to end and if they were still playing now, I doubt if they would have scored - or possibly even had a shot on target.  I can only agree with the OP - CC does need to change his approach.

1 hour ago, Kevan said:

Whilst I wasn't at Aston Villa so can't comment on that performance which was very positively reported, - yesterday's performance was truly abysmal.  Bannan for one played far more deeply than he has done of late and until the last 10 minutes or so, didn't make the kind of forward movements that he has done in the previous few games.  In general, the movement going forward was poor and I didn't see players making angles for passes by the player in possession.  As I wrote on another thread, I think yesterday must have broke the record for backward passes.  I also agree with the poster who said Westwood wastes a lot of time.  Not only when the ball is in his possession and "in play" but also when the ball has gone out for a goal kick.  He's constantly moaning at other players before he then finally retrieves the ball and places it to take the goal kick, - then he takes an age to actually take the kick.

Yesterday's game was boring from beginning to end and if they were still playing now, I doubt if they would have scored - or possibly even had a shot on target.  I can only agree with the OP - CC does need to change his approach.

Do you think the opposition might have prevented him playing his normal game which meant he had to drop deeper. Sometimes the opposition can cancel out your tactics. Think back to Newcastle last year, they were a class act but twice we out played them. Their fans probably thought they had an off day when really it was because we stopped them in their tracks.

It's football, it's like that sometimes.

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

Do you think the opposition might have prevented him playing his normal game which meant he had to drop deeper. Sometimes the opposition can cancel out your tactics. Think back to Newcastle last year, they were a class act but twice we out played them. Their fans probably thought they had an off day when really it was because we stopped them in their tracks.

It's football, it's like that sometimes.

I can appreciate what you're saying. but in those circumstances, it's up to Wednesday to impose themselves on the game, rather than let the opposition dictate.  To me it's about how individual players and the team collectively apply themselves and yesterday few players really put in the graft that is required when the opposition set up like Bristol did.

We are far too negative particularly at home, do not have the grit to kill off average sides, a predictability that any good manager can deal with, no plan b or just roll up our sleeves and try to steamroller the opposition, cc wont change he just works on averages, dc wont change him this season so baton the hatches and grin and bear it.

8 hours ago, Muffinman said:

We are hard to beat in a tough league and staying in touch, with our best player's return approaching. Everybody is impatient. The league has moved on and this season every game is tough. Fans have unrealistic expectations. If we remain hard to beat and competitive our chances will come. I would prefer to be strong at the end where it counts and that will only be determined if fans stick with the team and give CC and the team a chance. We will know at the end of the season what kind of season we have had. He isn't going so get behind him.

Tough league ??????

Sorry but some of you have got to wake up, which way you look at the game yesterday, there was zero entertainment yesterday, it was dull boring negative clueless, lethargic after a 2 week rest. I don't mind losing to a better side on the day or if we don't have the rub of the green, bad ref etc but ffs let's have some positivity, some passion, commitment let's drive forward at every opportunity, I don't mind coming out of Hillsborough if we've lost 3-2,4-2 and thinking I know we've lost but that was great to watch, and on another day we could have won the game, but at the moment I feel so sorry for the young kids having to watch that, they must be bored senseless, and if the pork get to the promised land next season they will be asking their dads to take them to watch man u, Liverpool, arsenal, and it will probably be cheaper, unless things change, no way will we sell anywhere near 21000 season tickets, I know a lot that won't be renewing until Carlos has gone, my nephew came up from London on the train yesterday, paid 90 quid for 2 tickets in the south, to watch that pathetic showing, I've watched Wednesday since 1963,I've laughed and cried over this club more times than I care to remember, but I'm telling you now, Carlos has to go.  

9 hours ago, CLswfc said:

This season was lost months ago. Mid table at best. Westwood who constantly time wastes even when we are 0-0 at home. Thats either his tactics or CC's. We pay good money to watch that. Maybe Westwood needs a wake up call hence the reason he doesn't get the International call up many on here believes he should. 

Westwood's time wasting and distribution have been awful by his high standards, time he along with a few others bucked their ideas up, unless they would  like to stay in this division.