It won’t get better until..

14 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Sadly there is little getting away from the fact that the standard of this league this year is poor at best, promotion is there for the taking, with the squad we have we should be grabbing it with both hands.

Absolutely spot on. We have some of the best players in the division. Some seasoned pros who've done it before. Apart from Wolves there's no one to fear and we should be up there, top 4 all season. Already playing catchup is unbelievable. 

Yesterday was the worst performance so far. No creativity,no fight and no belief. The real problem is we have recruited so poorly that even Carlos goes it’s unlikely to get much better. We have seen enough of this squad to know that only Westwood, Lees, Lee and possibly Hooper play consistently at a level that could challenge for automatic. The amount of money that’s been wasted is frightening.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

The problem is fans like you.

Wow - I didn’t realise it was my fault we aren’t in the top 2.

sorry everybody......

26 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I admire your enthusiasm, but does any part of you feel that a club the size of Sheffield Wednesday with our current resources and playing staff, shouldn’t be happy about a goalless draw at home to that Bristol City team?

And do you feel that maybe we should be a team this season that is in the top 4 and only lost twice?  

Im just confused as if I compare what we are doing to Bristol City and the pigs, I don’t think it’s going ok so far 

I’m not saying you have to be happy about it - I’m saying you don’t have to see it as the end of the world.

only 2 teams have beaten them all season - and because we didn’t yesterday - it’s being used as an indicator that we aren’t up to it.

I think we’ll make the play-offs.

14 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I’m not saying you have to be happy about it - I’m saying you don’t have to see it as the end of the world.

only 2 teams have beaten them all season - and because we didn’t yesterday - it’s being used as an indicator that we aren’t up to it.

I think we’ll make the play-offs.

Yet everyone else is beating the likes of Bolton, Burton and Birmingham.

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Any Wednesday fan who's happy about a draw at home to Bristol City need to give their heads a wobble

We are in trouble if this is viewed as progress

I don’t think many people are saying they are happy or view it as progress are they?

56 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Any Wednesday fan who's happy about a draw at home to Bristol City need to give their heads a wobble

We are in trouble if this is viewed as progress

Progress should be viewed over the course of seasons, or at least over multiple games. Through the course of a season you get silly results that really shouldn't happen—ordinarily you chalk it up to a bad day at the office and move on. Normally I wouldn't get too concerned over a bad result to a team we should beat (even United!), but for me our problem is the number of bad office days we've managed to accumulate up so far with no sign that we're going to stop doing it.

I don’t believe chanting Carlos Out will have an effect on the Chairman’s current thinking? A significant drop in attendances probably will?

FWIW I don’t think there will be a parting of the ways between Carlos and Wednesday until the summer at the earliest and I think that will be more than likely to Carlos calling it a day here rather than being sacked?

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

A significant drop in attendances probably will?

DING DING DING

Like him or loathe him (and I've never met the bloke so I don't have an opinion), he is a businessman (allegedly) and so the only thing he will respond to is the number at the bottom of his big Excel spreadsheet getting smaller.

11 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

DING DING DING

Like him or loathe him (and I've never met the bloke so I don't have an opinion), he is a businessman (allegedly) and so the only thing he will respond to is the number at the bottom of his big Excel spreadsheet getting smaller.

He’s also a huge egotist who likes to feel loved. If he feels public opinion is turning he will do what is required imo. The whole set up stinks at the moment. Conflicts of interest and incompetence. 

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl

I assume some of our fans  who demand a change of manager at this point in the season have had some experience of running a business creating profit rather than loss working to financial restraints etc., because if you have I think you probably should  take the view that this particular owner who has limited football experience and football ownership knowledge and keeps suggesting we are no longer in a position to spend, spend, spend, is highly unlikely to change the manager, change all if not most of the coaching staff, all the new foreign medical staff with the payouts that involves and then reappoint an entire coaching and back room staff on the gamble everything will improve...!  He won't imo.

I don't  personally think our style of play comes into it one jot it might pi55 fans off but it's not Chansiris bottom line.

I expect everything to remain the same until the end of the season and then I think that Carlos will walk away or the owner will change things ...in any event whatever most think finishing 6th and getting to Wembley and then fourth notwithstanding our fairly negative style of late is very much a plus on CC's CV.

Hope SWFC supporters don't chant manager out songs at matches Carlos has whatever the masses think earned the right to better than that.

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Dont be concerned?? We’ve got £30million pounds worth or strikers and £20million pounds worth of midfielders to call upon....it’s concerning in my eyes.

they're not bad players...they’re good players been asked to adapt to poor tactics!! 

We haven’t got £30m of strikers or £20m of midfielders.

5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Really??? You tot up what they’re worth in the current market and come back to me.

I don’t know what they’re worth but it’s not £50m.