Video of both penalty shouts

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Both nailed on ,for me.

The first one isn't even a matter of opinion - regardless of what Rhodes does, it's like a comically literal illustrative demonstration of what defender's AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO at set pieces.

Unfathomable.

Edited by Mr. Tom

9 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

The first one isn't even a matter of opinion - regardless of what Rhodes does, it's like a comically literal illustrative demonstration of what defender's AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO at set pieces.

Unfathomable.

Thanks for the grocer's apostrophe, iPhone :picnic:

It seems certain fans are almost happy to discount these disgraceful decisions in order to put pressure on a manger, whether we play like Barca or Hallam it makes no difference to a good or poor decision. If we'd have won today it would have been a travesty to mankind but that doesn't make the decisions correct from a referee who seemed more concerned in us taking a free kick 3.3423423423423432 yards away from where the foul was given than actually giving the correct decisions in both boxes. 

The Rhodes one is absolutely nailed on no doubt about it, and the referee is staring straight at it. Absolutely no excuse whatsover. 

The Bannan one is also a pen but the referee is also looking through a sea of bodies, the linesman has a better view. But after being overruled for a corner decision he was 2 yards from earlier on in the half I wasn't surprised he didn't flag for it either. 

Were they pens? Yes.

Were the lino and referee atrocious? Yes.

Did we deserve to win this match? Absolutely not. 

Irrespective of how we’ve played this season , poor referring has cost us potentially a minimum of six points from the top of my head.

Today , Bolton away , Burton and Birmingham.

Time to bring in some form of review system , If Cricket and Rugby can manage it so can football with the amount of money at stake. 

11 minutes ago, DoorDoor said:

rhodes one should of been a pen, bannon one not

didn't deserve a win anyway

19 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

It seems certain fans are almost happy to discount these disgraceful decisions in order to put pressure on a manger, whether we play like Barca or Hallam it makes no difference to a good or poor decision. If we'd have won today it would have been a travesty to mankind but that doesn't make the decisions correct from a referee who seemed more concerned in us taking a free kick 3.3423423423423432 yards away from where the foul was given than actually giving the correct decisions in both boxes. 

The Rhodes one is absolutely nailed on no doubt about it, and the referee is staring straight at it. Absolutely no excuse whatsover. 

The Bannan one is also a pen but the referee is also looking through a sea of bodies, the linesman has a better view. But after being overruled for a corner decision he was 2 yards from earlier on in the half I wasn't surprised he didn't flag for it either. 

Were they pens? Yes.

Were the lino and referee atrocious? Yes.

Did we deserve to win this match? Absolutely not. 

no ones bothered if we deserved to win ...the evidence shows we should have had 2 pens and if we had got them then we'd have more than likely won ........I don't see how it would have been a travesty if we had won , two evenly matched sides and it could have gone either way that the ref didn't favour us meant it was a draw .

39 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

There is not a valid excuse - but there is a theme which is constant but winds me up immensely

The Rhodes-type incident happens at probably 50% plus of corners and set pieces into the box

Refs just very rarely give them - it's almost like if they give one then they have to give them all

I'd even go further and would guess that the majority of free kicks given after such set pieces are against attackers rather than defenders/GK

Personally i don't care if the refs give 5 pens every game from set pieces - but defending marking has become like our version of American Football and their "blockers"

They are fouls - so fucking give them!

Edited by scram

4 minutes ago, scram said:

There is not a valid excuse - but there is a theme which is constant but winds me up immensely

The Rhodes-type incident happens at probably 50% plus of corners and set pieces into the box

Refs just very rarely give them - it's almost like if they give one then they have to give them all

I'd even go further and would guess that the majority of free kicks given after such set pieces are against attackers rather than defenders/GK

Personally i don't care if the refs give 5 pens every game from set pieces - but defending marking has become like our version of American Football and their "blockers"

Totally agree and then the biggest wind up of all is when everyone's at it just before the ball comes in and someone is complaining enough to get the ref's attention.

He then holds up the player crossing and calls two players across to give them a telling off.

Blows whistle, everyone starts it all again but a with just a tiny bit less fouling than before and he stands there and watches like the useless, spineless, prizecunt that he is and five minutes later takes out his feelings of being inadequate and powerless by giving a petty free kick for absolutelyfuck all and holds up a decent piece of play to get some attention and to regain some power.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

believe it or not we're not the only team who get crapp decisions ,just a excuse to cover up the crapp we are playing

Maybe so, but I can hand on heart look at the two penalty shouts and say ‘if it was the other way around, i’d be having a giggle that we’ve got away with one of those, never mind both’.

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

believe it or not we're not the only team who get crapp decisions ,just a excuse to cover up the crapp we are playing

that surprises me that you thought we played crap ......I thought it was two decent teams who played very cautiously and  cancelled each other out . .....defensively I thought we were excellent as were brizzie , the two midfields were more intent on stopping each other rather  than creating so the attackers on both side had very few opportunities .....what was your take on it ?

1 hour ago, scram said:

I hear pundits claim that it would spoil the game if they gave too many penalties for grappling in the box. No it flipping wouldn't.  Defenders would realise they couldn't get away with it anymore and try to start defending properly instead. Does my bleeding head in.