Done with it all

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Top fan ....... never mind there's always another Wembley to come out from under a rock for

I prefer ™Truefan lol

7 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Bristol City are 4th with just 3 defeats, I'm pretty sure their fans are not calling for the manager's head when they struggled to create chances just as much as we did.

The first part of this sentence probably helps to explain the second half.

:duntmatter:

We're 10th in the league, having drawn or lost more home games than we've won so far this season. Having achieved the playoffs for the past two seasons and having had players talking of an automatic promotion push during the summer, we're currently 12 points off the team in 2nd, who of course were playing in League One last season.

I can understand why many are becoming a little unhappy with the way things are going.

16 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Do you really expect to go to 23 home league games and not see a dour 0-0 at some point? It's happened every season for as long as I've been a fan, good or bad.

Bristol City are 4th with just 3 defeats, I'm pretty sure their fans are not calling for the manager's head when they struggled to create chances just as much as we did.

It was a poor game with both teams cancelling each other out. Bristol City set out to stifle our play by dropping 5 into midfield and it worked. Get over it and move on. We drew 0-0, are 4 unbeaten, and gained a point on 6th. We didn't lose...

as said i missed the Leeds game so not sure ive seen a convincing performance yet, maybe the Forest one.

You can tell the whole crowd is bored as there is zero atmosphere at present, even the band didnt bother turn up yesterday i think.

All the players need to do is have a good go from the off and have a few shots.

22 hours ago, modboy said:

Certainly won't be forking out £500+ for a season ticket again. 

Trusted Carlos and Chansiri spin last summer re attacking and entertaining footy this year. 

Know many were defending our ridiculous prices this week but after today I think that's me done unless something radical happens. 

Just no entertainment factor at all today. £20 was too much today, imagine those paying on the gate. 

Not sure there was one positive from today's match. Imagine the comparison between today's squad salaries too. 

Time to press the reset button. 

TANTRUM ALERT

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

not at all, id been home, out for a meal and posted afterwards.

It just leaves me all a bit numb at the moment, a tantrum would be an improvement tbh

The amount of threads where folk want to “one down”  each other is getting pathetic. 

Did you have a ST during the Irvine/ Turner/ flirt with admin years?

1 minute ago, modboy said:

not at all, id been home, out for a meal and posted afterwards.

It just leaves me all a bit numb at the moment, a tantrum would be an improvement tbh

Why don't you do as Grandad as done stopped watching the team left the forum surely it's the better option than being a perpetual whinger 

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The amount of threads where folk want to “one down”  each other is getting pathetic. 

Did you have a ST during the Irvine/ Turner/ flirt with admin years?

Yes i did , ive had one for 35 years , the feeling of apathy is as bad now as it was then . 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, modboy said:

as said i missed the Leeds game so not sure ive seen a convincing performance yet, maybe the Forest one.

You can tell the whole crowd is bored as there is zero atmosphere at present, even the band didnt bother turn up yesterday i think.

All the players need to do is have a good go from the off and have a few shots.

We have scored more home goals than 15/16 and 16/17 after the same amount of games. 6 in the previous 3 games prior to Saturday. I remember losing 1-0 at home to Rotherham in 15/16 and that was poor. You will get the odd game like yesterday. As per usual Owlstalk has a massive overreaction.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The first part of this sentence probably helps to explain the second half.

We're 10th in the league, having drawn or lost more home games than we've won so far this season. Having achieved the playoffs for the past two seasons and having had players talking of an automatic promotion push during the summer, we're currently 12 points off the team in 2nd, who of course were playing in League One last season.

I can understand why many are becoming a little unhappy with the way things are going.

10 home league and cup games played. 5 wins, 4 draws and a defeat. 

18 goals scored.

Plenty of decent football, Barnsley, QPR and Sunderland were lucky to walk away with draws. Sheff Utd and Bristol City deserved their points.

Hardly dour, massive overreaction as per usual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mark77 said:

10 home league and cup games played. 5 wins, 4 draws and a defeat. 

18 goals scored.

Plenty of decent football, Barnsley, QPR and Sunderland were lucky to walk away with draws. Sheff Utd and Bristol City deserved their points.

Hardly dour, massive overreaction as per usual.

Cup games don't contribute to our league standing, but if you really want to include our 4-1 victory against Chesterfield as evidence that all is rosy, then go ahead. 

I wouldn't say I'm well-known for overreacting on here, but maybe you'll tell me otherwise?

It's just that being so far off the pace for the top two by November, often struggling to make out what our plan of attack is, and wondering why we often lack a sense of urgency or tempo, all the while looking at most of the teams above us and thinking that we have a stronger squad than theirs, makes it difficult to be entirely happy with how this season's going right now, to be honest.

But that 4-1 victory over Chesterfield, though...

Guest mrbluesky
19 minutes ago, mark77 said:

We have scored more home goals than 15/16 and 16/17 after the same amount of games. 6 in the previous 3 games prior to Saturday. I remember losing 1-0 at home to Rotherham in 15/16 and that was poor. You will get the odd game like yesterday. As per usual Owlstalk has a massive overreaction.

I read the last word as ‘erection’:ph34r: but yeah I’m a massive one if truth be told lol

Guest Black N Red

Seems some arent happy with consistently defending the indefensible, and have moved on to attacking people who have the audacity to express their opinion.

WAWAW is dead

This forum is getting like the 'how are you?' meeting in One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest.

'I hate my family, my life is a mess and i'm done with the TV in the TV room nurse Ratchet'...

'Yes Billy,..thanks for your input'

Morrissey would be proud of this flounce...but Morrissey is funny when you get older.

If Bannan had toe poked the ball passed the keeper when through on goal instead of falling over/being dragged down.. we wouldn't having these conversations and probably the word boring wouldnt even have been mentioned.