Done with it all

Is there another team anywhere in the football league that have zero pace. Like none at all? 

I suspect not. 

A player running at defences with pace is one of the most exciting things in football. 

Take JJ for example. Technically poor but he was rapid and could take a man on. 

In fact look at sterling 

Finishing is poor 

Crossing is poor 

Passing is poor 

But he's one of quickest players in world so hes a 50 million pound player. 

Sick of saying it but our recruitment has been criminal and it's our hard earned money they have wasted. 

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think it’s fine if people don’t want to go but just don’t bang on about it listing all he ways you don’t care anymore. 

Unless there’s some Meadowhall shopping forum that you’ve spent the last couple of years posting on about how you’d rather be at Hillsborough then crack on I suppose, fair’s fair.

Whilst I understand that the fact that many are suffering this feeling of malaise at the moment should be a real concern for the Club. We still keep going because we are supporters but it is a fine dividing line because you compromise money and time to go all the time. When you get back from a game in a bad mood and rant it hardly helps. 

Once a supporter is lost it is hard to win them back. The fact that die hard supporters are making these type of comments the ones taking notice should be the Club

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I understand that the fact that many are suffering this feeling of malaise at the moment should be a real concern for the Club. We still keep going because we are supporters but it is a fine dividing line because you compromise money and time to go all the time. When you get back from a game in a bad mood and rant it hardly helps. 

Once a supporter is lost it is hard to win them back. The fact that die hard supporters are making these type of comments the ones taking notice should be the Club

And there are loads of paying fans like me, both in real life and in OT and if yesterday's atmosphere is to go on all around us.

Dread to think of next seasons attendances if things don't improve. Supporting your team is supposed to be a two way process. At the moment it's all take by swfc.

Like it or not with prices as they are people are now having to justify attending matches and it's getting harder and harder to do that under CC.

Many have said it before but it's hard to get fans back once they have broke their routine. And with more and more matches being on Sky / ifollow this trend will only increase. Attending matches is about soaking up the atmosphere and having fun. Even the club cba with pre match entertaining or half time competitions these days it seems.

52 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

If you are a true Owls fan you will keep with it, there was many dire matches back in the 1970's and we kept going. I think we went 17 matches without a win and only score TWO goals but we kept going because we are true OWLS FANS. These are better days, we are now playing better opposition, they will always try and stop you playing. 

I take your point, but it isn't about comparing one period of time with another.

It's about comparing what you're putting in at any given time, with what you're getting out.

We really struggled under Jones, for instance, but it's hardly surprising bearing in mind the players we had.

Gray saved us from certain relegation, and then got a team which should have been down at the bottom end to mid-table. And after losing his best player Antonio to Forest.

Carlos has a team which has cost £63 million to assemble, and one of the most potent strike forces in the division.

Sheffield United, by comparison, were pieced together for £12 million...

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yeah for sure, just have to weed out the comments from them that don’t actually go very often anyway or just have something else they’d actually rather be doing. Saying that you made a rare effort to go to a game and it was a boring nil nil isn’t really a newsflash.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah for sure, just have to weed out the comments from them that don’t actually go very often anyway or just have something else they’d actually rather be doing. Saying that you made a rare effort to go to a game and it was a boring nil nil isn’t really a newsflash.

But we need these casual fans to WANT to come. As said previously imagine if you were a neutral or floating fan yesterday 

Guest We Shall Overcome

Like i said before the season started "HE SHOULD BE GONE!!! but 'OH NO" said "THE CHAIRMAN" "OH NO"said "THE MAJORITY OF THE FAN BASE" WELL FACKING LIVE WITH IT NOW!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

But this season and last season have been so dull. I don’t go because I want to anymore. I don’t go with a sense of excitement. I go out of habit and because I have a ST. How many good games of football have we seen this season at Hillsborough? 

Thats nothing new but with players we have and the prices we pay it’s a bit of a shame. 

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Let's see where we are in may

There is a problem with that though.

CC has said on a few occasions we will get promoted, playing the way we are.

"Lets see where we are in May"

Could it be too late by then, the way we are going, YES, something needs to change.

Most on the thread are saying how fed up they are with the dull fare that is on offer, not neccessarilly where we are in the table 

Certainly, that’s my beef Actually, not so much of a beef now, as I just don’t bother to watch what is served up

Yesterday was my first trip to Sheffield for months, and simply confirmed why I’ve decided to stay away in the first place

Is it tactics, yes partially, we are far too conservative in our approach to games

However, I’m not of the opinion that we have a squad that should be doing much better, or indeed playing a more swashbuckling brand of football We lack the basic tools needed to make proper headway in the modern game Yes we have a smattering of good players, but people often confuse depth of squad with quality Who is responsible for this situation? It’s not clear, probably a few people, but it is clear that the policy isn’t working There is no evidence that sacrificing entertainment, has given us a better chance of reaching our goals

Edited by gurujuan

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

Not that though is it?

You either support the club or don’t bother. If this season is the worst you’ve ever seen then you’ve not been going to Hillsborough long.

If we’d all jacked in going in the 70s when it was 20x worse than this (if you’re not old enough to remember then read up or ask someone) then we wouldn’t have a club. 

Don't think 1979 was 20x worst (especially around xmas time) lol

Besides, it was only the cost of a pint to get in then. Match, Town, Crazy Daisy, moan then back the following week. Now it's the price of a Bollinger to get and the Daisy's shut so nowhere to moan.:tango:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bronco Blue said:

It is all very poor, all very expensive and there seems no prospect of any meaningful change -- and when all is said and done supporting a football team is about change, and hope from that.

Like many of us here I have sat through some dire games in the old third division, sitting or standing on freezing nights while watching some tuppence-ha'penny team show us how to play on our own pitch. I even was there when Brian Joicey finally broke that famous grim four months, no home goal scored run and you had plenty of room on the terraces because the crowd was so pitifully small. But, without thinking the past was better than the present, there was always hope that things would get better.

Can we say that now when we have an owner who cannot see what is going wrong and a manager who only plays one way (I seriously doubt if Bristol City were the least surprised by how we played)?

Maybe things will improve, but the money spent is spent and there's little sign it will be getting better under this regime.

I guess, having gone down this route, Mr C probably feels he should give it a little longer Personally, I don’t feel we have the players, or the tactics, to reach our goals

I can no longer justify spending the money, and time, supporting something that doesn’t entertain me, and that I don’t believe will work That said, Mr C has invested a lot of money in this particular plan, so it’s understandable that he wants to give it every chance of success Us again reaching the play offs last season, probably confirmed his decision to stick with the plan It’s not for me, but I can understand why we are sticking with it