Done with it all

7 hours ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Noticed you got negged by the resident happy clappers society lol 

Not that though is it?

You either support the club or don’t bother. If this season is the worst you’ve ever seen then you’ve not been going to Hillsborough long.

If we’d all jacked in going in the 70s when it was 20x worse than this (if you’re not old enough to remember then read up or ask someone) then we wouldn’t have a club. 

5 hours ago, Big Malc said:

I think it summed it up when the half time whistle went and there was no reaction from our fans.  No applause, no boos, just...nothing.  As if we’d all found something else to do to keep ourselves entertained and hadn’t noticed, or we’d all nodded off.

Just before half time my young son asked if he could go and buy some chips to avoid the queue. I detest missing a moment of the action and was in the middle of saying "No, just wait, you might miss......." then stopped myself and said "Yeah sure, get me a tea".

A massive proportion of our fan base were brought up on the 90s version of swfc where it was fun, exciting and above all entertaining.

There's none of the above at S6 at the moment. Yes financially it's a strain but it's more the total waste of time for me at the moment. Yesterday was in many ways worse than the Derby (not mentally of course) because at least we woke up, be in for a brief period versus them lot, yesterday was just horrendous.

It was bad enough being a die hard Wednesdayite there yesterday, imagine being a neutral or kid.

Next match it's a mates birthday so there's a gang of his mates coming over from Ireland for the Hull match (all neutrals), darent warn them of the possible levels of excitement that awaits them.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We need a new manager, that's all.

For those who are unconvinced, compare Adkins with Tufty across the city.

I'm coming to the conclusion that he won't sack Carlos because that would be an admission that he got it wrong in the summer, or that he's simply stubborn.

He sacked Gray, who'd got us probably 6 places higher than we should have been, based on playing staff.

But Gray wasn't his man, and there's the difference.

And Gray wasn’t a “sexy” foreign manager.

just a hard working, knowledgable, coach who got a struggling team to overperform on what was recognised as the worst pitch outside of league 2.

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Not that though is it?

You either support the club or don’t bother. If this season is the worst you’ve ever seen then you’ve not been going to Hillsborough long.

If we’d all jacked in going in the 70s when it was 20x worse than this (if you’re not old enough to remember then read up or ask someone) then we wouldn’t have a club. 

Whilst the sentiment is admirable, there's a limit to most people's blind loyalty.

More and more we're being positioned as customers, and once fans start to internalise that message, they start to expect more bang for their buck. When we were paying average Championship prices to watch average Championship players churn out average Championship performances, most fans were pretty accepting of our lot. Now that we're paying through the nose for a match day ticket, signing quality players on big wages and still churning out average performances more often than not, it's no great surprise that many are questioning whether this is something they can stand behind and support.

In terms of results, performances and quality of players, this season is clearly far from being our worst - even in the past half decade. However, the stakes have been raised by the chairman and his policies, and the gap between fans' realistic expectations and the reality of what's being served up is steadily growing, which is the root of much of the current unrest.

• Like 1

I haven’t read the entire thread but the OP is correct. One cannot justify the prices after performances like yesterday. 

Considering the midfield and attacking prowess employed yesterday and not having a single shot on target strongly suggests that the set-up isn’t right. 

We are painfully underachieving to the point where we’re embarrassing ourselves. Many Championship clubs, including those currently at the top, can only dream of having the playing talent that we have at our disposal. 

Edited by BingleyOwl

11 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I have to say, I've had a season ticket for the past God knows how many seasons.

And this season, I'm actually questioning myself whether I'll renew. 

Crazy. But, I'm actually bored at the matches. And I'm sat there today, freezing my boobies off, thinking "I've better things to do."

I'll no doubt end up renewing, in case, things improve. But if the season tickets continue to rise, then more and more people will seriously start to question their renewal.

It's awful. The football is boring. Tedious. Ponderous. The manager is deluded. And the chairman is quite openly, looking to take every fan for as much money as he possibly can. All while we see our football team, under perform, and regress right in front of our very eyes.

Something simply HAS to change. Forget about points from playoffs, or performance vs. last season etc. etc. The football is boring, and it's not value for money. When that starts to become the issue, no other fan can criticise another for questioning their future commitment. 

Take a bow that man, post of the day.

I will renew - always have, always will.

However, that doesn't mean I am happy - Carlos has to go.

The football is bordering on Alan Irvine levels - with a squad full of overpaid, one dimensional players.

We have no pace, no width and no obvious tactics, never mind a plan B.

The atmosphere was horrible again - there is nothing enjoyable around the club at the moment - and with the prices we pay, that is scandalous.

I had the pleasure of missing it yesterday .

Having a weekend away with the mrs and our mates in Lincolnshire. Would usually always travel back for the game but couldn't motivate myself to do so this time. Offered my mate my season ticket for free and he didn't want it either , and we are people who did the entire season home and away in league 1 when we were rubbish. 

It really is turgid at the moment. 

12 hours ago, modboy said:

Certainly won't be forking out £500+ for a season ticket again. 

Trusted Carlos and Chansiri spin last summer re attacking and entertaining footy this year. 

Know many were defending our ridiculous prices this week but after today I think that's me done unless something radical happens. 

Just no entertainment factor at all today. £20 was too much today, imagine those paying on the gate. 

Not sure there was one positive from today's match. Imagine the comparison between today's squad salaries too. 

Time to press the reset button. 

And you need to tell everyone because...............???

During the game I questioned my affinity for the club. Am I a fan am I a supporter? Im not sure after enduring another inept performance. I felt sorry for anyone that had took the trouble to pay on the day and bring their kids. Was that value for money and did they leave the ground entertained? Of course not. This head coach will not get this club promoted. We have a squad of misfits who looked as though they had never met each other. We don't have anyone that can challenge in the air and as for Loovens who slows our play down allowing opponents to regroup. Boring boring boring.

Edited by Ronnie Starling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thats the ironic thing. Today we were much more likely to get a goal if we put Nuhiu on a launched the ball to him for 20 minutes.

Sad that that's probably a better alternative given the talent on the pitch. 

If Wilder signed Nuhiu in January, he'd probably score 20 in the second half of the season and they'd sell him to Real Madrid in the summer for £100 million. Where he'd go on to win the Ballon d'Or.

If Carlos signed Messi in January he'd never find the net again, and we'd end up letting him go to Chesterfield on a free.

'Olly.png

Edited by Athelwulf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

If you are a true Owls fan you will keep with it, there was many dire matches back in the 1970's and we kept going. I think we went 17 matches without a win and only score TWO goals but we kept going because we are true OWLS FANS. These are better days, we are now playing better opposition, they will always try and stop you playing. 

I think it’s fine if people don’t want to go but just don’t bang on about it listing all he ways you don’t care anymore. 

Unless there’s some Meadowhall shopping forum that you’ve spent the last couple of years posting on about how you’d rather be at Hillsborough then crack on I suppose, fair’s fair.