All about the refs again..

6 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Deserving to win has nothing to do with whether a penalty is awarded or not. Maybe the Ref was thinking “they’ve not had a shot on goal, they’re definitely not getting a pen even though it looks nailed on”

The only quetion, is it a Pen

p.s. I’m on a 3yr deal, no top dollar for me. :carlos:

I'm on a 3yr deal too.

so your happy for POTG fans & other season ticket holders to pay extortionate prices for pretty shocking football with the resources at our disposal?

8 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Were you of the same opinion after the Villa result?

CC quickly brushes aside poor performances/losses 'we move on to the next game' 'we've forgotten about it' but bangs on about wins for months afterwards... strange that.

we are inconsistent, mentality weak & buckle under pressure/when the onus is on us to win 

Somebody I sit next to on the north who reckons he's in the know said to me last season that ref's are advised to give as many 50/50 decisions against us so that they don't have to deal with Hillsborough being in the Prem. At first I thought he was talking rounduns but we'd be easily in the auto spots if it weren't for so called refereeing. Really makes you think...

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 17:35, BC1867 said:

Heard him on the radio. It was the first thing get talked about to rob stating when asked an open question. He very definitely did blame the refs for getting decisions wrong.

Fancy blaming the ref for getting a decision wrong. When the ref for got a decision wrong lol Two decisions in fact.

8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Fancy blaming the ref for getting a decision wrong. When the ref for got a decision wrong lol Two decisions in fact.

Except at the start of his reign, he said he'd never do that. 

Now it's all he does.

0 shots on target though. No explanation for that.

No excuse regards our abysmal performances but i can't recall a season when we have had so many decisions go against us. I struggle to recall one incident were its gone in our favor. I thought the officials could not get any worse but Saturdays were the worst so far.

21 hours ago, mark1948 said:

So the class piece of play that sees Bannan waft through their defence with an excellent chance of scoring, only to be wiped out by Bristol's defender, and denied what was a stonewall penalty wasn't created by "our own merits"?

If the penalty which should have been given, is given, and we win 1-0 all you would remember is the great piece of play and the winning feeling.

Many games are won in this league 1-0 with the goal coming from a penalty. Refereeing decisions do matter. Right now we seem to be on the receiving end of bad refereeing decisions right from the off this season. Yesterday hardly any decision went our way. Every time Hooper got near the ball he was adjudged to be fouling when most of the time it was the other way round. 

Yep, early on, defender barged into Hooper who just stood his ground (a bit like v Terry for reach's goal at Villa), the defender bounced off him and got a foul. One of many bizarre decisions the ref gave