All about the refs again..

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

Apart from Wolves, the entire division is run of the mill

Pigs, Cardiff and Bristol top 4 

:picnic:

All of them play a high press without the ball and bang one over the top and chase it with the ball. We lost two goals to bang it over the top against the Blades. There is some good play when they win possession from the press, but mostly the high press and one over the top. Bristol played like that yesterday. Its hard to play against.

12 minutes ago, richowl said:

As soon as the penalty appeal was turned down we all said 'Carlos has got his get out clause' this week.

blaming the referees every week is becoming repetitive,boring & predictable.

It is and whilst he has a good point, if you try and sneak a 1-0 win, bad decisions affect the game. Play on the front foot and try and win by as many as possible (like a certain other team from Sheffield WTF:) and bad decisions are an annoyance and talking point rather than affecting results. Even if the pens had been given yesterday (and v Bolton) it would only have glossed over another insipid performance

2 hours ago, richowl said:

As soon as the penalty appeal was turned down we all said 'Carlos has got his get out clause' this week.

Yes I'm fed up of Big Rons Sovereigns posts too.

2 hours ago, richowl said:

The same posters saying it wasn’t a pen when it clearly was are way more boring and far too predictable. I knew exactly who would say it and the endless boring repetitive posts they trot out as soon as a result doesn’t go our way, It appears they can’t wait to troll the site with their poison. Wednesday fans my arse. This site is fooked 

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The same posters saying it wasn’t a pen when it clearly was are way more boring and far too predictable. I knew exactly who would say it and the endless boring repetitive posts they trot out as soon as a result doesn’t go our way, It appears they can’t wait to troll the site with their poison. Wednesday fans my arse. This site is fooked 

It's all about dat bass, BR. 

Gids.png

12 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Results don't go our way? We didn't deserve to win yesterday.

I'd be happy with us playing with a bit of urgency & tempo....going at teams & taking games by the scruff of the neck, especially at home.

you talk about a new OT section for moaners? Maybe there should be a section for people like you who spaff over mediocre, lacklustre performances whilst paying top dollar for the privilege.

On 18/11/2017 at 17:22, BC1867 said:

CC has his out after the bannan decision so he can dodge questrone about playing 85 mins without any tempo, forward passing or desire to attack against a run of the mill side like Bristol City.

The style of play is appalling and a couple of wins doesn't even paper over the cracks. Could deal with playing like that (and we did) when we had a squad of frees like under Dave Jones and Stuart Gray. But when we have an expensively assembled squad it really is a criminal waste of potential.

So what style of play would you opt for?

13 minutes ago, richowl said:

Results don't go our way? We didn't deserve to win yesterday.

I'd be happy with us playing with a bit of urgency & tempo....going at teams & taking games by the scruff of the neck, especially at home.

you talk about a new OT section for moaners? Maybe there should be a section for people like you who spaff over mediocre, lacklustre performances whilst paying top dollar for the privilege.

Deserving to win has nothing to do with whether a penalty is awarded or not. Maybe the Ref was thinking “they’ve not had a shot on goal, they’re definitely not getting a pen even though it looks nailed on”

The only quetion, is it a Pen

p.s. I’m on a 3yr deal, no top dollar for me. :carlos:

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

2 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Deserving to win has nothing to do with whether a penalty is awarded or not. Maybe the Ref was thinking “they’ve not had a shot on goal, they’re definitely not getting a pen even though it looks nailed on”

The only quetion, is it a Pen

I thought the Bannan penalty shout was a cert during the match....

my opinion soon changed when I watched the replay last night....Seen them given, it would've been soft & had it been awarded for Bristol we would have gone barmy.

Edited by richowl