Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, prowl said:

What do you expect him to say?

 

He's hardly going to say we were a bit rubbish and need to buck our ideas up. Generally managers try to be positive, put a positive spin on things. Nil - nil,  they don't say 'We couldn't hit a cow's ars e with a banjo', it's 'We kept a clean sheet'.

 

If he slags the players off they lose confidence, if he has a go at the owner for being tight he's probably going to get his cards, if he keeps saying we are rubbish the fans will say it's his job to sort it and if he can't we want him out.

 

Always positive. Look what happened to Dave Jones when he turned miserable.

 

(C77, this wasn't a reply to your post)

 

  

He should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The interview was fine in my opinion. He made valid points, accepted we had dropped a level and pointed out the penalty situation which is reasonable enough. After talking about the penalties, he admitted that we hadn't done enough to win, and rightly accepted that a draw was a fair result. He gave credit to Bristol City, pointed out that they're a very good Championship side currently playing well and scoring. But some fans will jump on whatever he says every time we don't win at the moment, as there are serious doubts in the fanbase, which is fair enough, as long as it isn't taken too far. Today wasn't great, it was a poor performance and valid criticisms can be made. He's under pressure at the moment, and I genuinely think he's dealing with it in a decent manner. I hope he comes through it and proves a few wrong, part of me thinks the tide has turned against him, and he's got a hell of a job to turn that round. He coped with similar but less harsh criticism last season shortly after Christmas, hopefully he can deal with it now.

The point about getting the Carlos back that didn't feel the need to question referee decisions is a good one, I would like that too, but it was all hunky dory at that time. It's not now, and he has to defend himself to some degree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

The interview was fine in my opinion. He made valid points, accepted we had dropped a level and pointed out the penalty situation which is reasonable enough. After talking about the penalties, he admitted that we hadn't done enough to win, and rightly accepted that a draw was a fair result. He gave credit to Bristol City, pointed out that they're a very good Championship side currently playing well and scoring. But some fans will jump on whatever he says every time we don't win at the moment, as there are serious doubts in the fanbase, which is fair enough, as long as it isn't taken too far. Today wasn't great, it was a poor performance and valid criticisms can be made. He's under pressure at the moment, and I genuinely think he's dealing with it in a decent manner. I hope he comes through it and proves a few wrong, part of me thinks the tide has turned against him, and he's got a hell of a job to turn that round. He coped with similar but less harsh criticism last season shortly after Christmas, hopefully he can deal with it now.

The point about getting the Carlos back that didn't feel the need to question referee decisions is a good one, I would like that too, but it was all hunky dory at that time. It's not now, and he has to defend himself to some degree. 

Really good post.

FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of you didn't enjoy today.  Well I've just got home after the old 450 mile round trip paid for two tickets, two lunches two every sodding thing to watch a shotless game and I'm not sure if they had one shot  on target either.

 

Blame the midfield and strikers all day but the fact is we bring it out if defence so slowly with Lees and Loovens dithering passes to each other then back to Westy who likes to wait 5 mins before launching it to the moon and then people start complicated threads on OT about tactics.

 

FFS as Costello would say, we have no momentum because our central defenders are scared sh***ess to find a forward player or bring it out northwards.  In the second half the ball went behind for a goal kick to us and a player got injured and they made a substitute and after all that had taken place Westwood then took a couple of minutes to place the ball down and boot it.  Bloody ridiculous the momentum is lost from our goalkeeper Carlos speed him up FFS.o

 

Momentum, tempo starts at the back but Westy plays with the ball for ages before kicking it what the fleck  is that all about.

 

Carlos get the speed of play up for christs sake starting with Westwood.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Muffin Owl said:

No problem with Carlos's remarks, he's correct that Bristol are well organised and strong away from home. They came for a point and got it, fair enough. A bit of luck with the penalty shouts and 1 point might have been 3.

The kind of game where FF might have made the difference, like Cardiff at home last season. In fact we'd probably be top 6 now had he been fit.

Still all to play for, so less gnashing of teeth please.

Oh for flips sake. Clappers despair me.

Get the straws out. Get real. We're struggling for a play off spot if a draw at home is acceptable to  CC. Also Bristol had the better chances. If we have to rely on a penalty decision then we're screwed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, samowl said:

Oh for flips sake. Clappers despair me.

Get the straws out. Get real. We're struggling for a play off spot if a draw at home is acceptable to  CC. Also Bristol had the better chances. If we have to rely on a penalty decision then we're screwed. 

 

You can't always get what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

A lot of you didn't enjoy today.  Well I've just got home after the old 450 mile round trip paid for two tickets, two lunches two every sodding thing to watch a shotless game and I'm not sure if they had one shot  on target either.

 

Blame the midfield and strikers all day but the fact is we bring it out if defence so slowly with Lees and Loovens dithering passes to each other then back to Westy who likes to wait 5 mins before launching it to the moon and then people start complicated threads on OT about tactics.

 

FFS as Costello would say, we have no momentum because our central defenders are scared sh***ess to find a forward player or bring it out northwards.  In the second half the ball went behind for a goal kick to us and a player got injured and they made a substitute and after all that had taken place Westwood then took a couple of minutes to place the ball down and boot it.  Bloody ridiculous the momentum is lost from our goalkeeper Carlos speed him up FFS.o

 

Momentum, tempo starts at the back but Westy plays with the ball for ages before kicking it what the fleck  is that all about.

 

Carlos get the speed of play up for christs sake starting with Westwood.

Sorry mate. No sympathy. You've been defending Carlos for weeks. Anyone who criticises him, you've abused. Suck it up. Get on with it. Stop whining. Carlos is your king.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

 

The players ‘mullered’ villa and the players mustered zero shots on target today 

 

I’m sorry but I just do NOT get how the players get away without any kind of criticism and yet it’s all the managers fault for them having 90mins to have a shot on target and not bothering there arses to ?  I Honestly watched that game today and didn’t think one of our lads worked anywhere near as hard as the Bristol lads , is that the managers fault ? Motivation maybe but hard work is an absolute basic requirement and I don’t think our players do enough of it, there lazy and lack a sense of urgency 

If players aren’t putting in 100 percent leave them out. 

Were saddled with a squad full of players who never get a game cos its all too easy to coast on by under Carlos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Sorry mate. No sympathy. You've been defending Carlos for weeks. Anyone who criticises him, you've abused. Suck it up. Get on with it. Stop whining. Carlos is your king.

 

I'm  happy to blame him for our tempo and the way Westwood refuses to get on with it but I categorically havnt abused anybody. Disagreed with them as robustly as they attack him yes I'll accept that but personal attack no or show me where.

 

I'm not whining making a point on our slow play.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Anyone remember when Carlos used to say “I never talk about referees’?

 

He also use to say we will get promotion now its not being far from being a top team. The guy is blowing smoke up everyones ar*es. The Villa game was a fluke by Wednesdays performances as yesterday is testament of us getting back into the same old. He talks about a clean sheet, well CC, I would sooner win 4-3 and get 3 points, but you obviously cant see it. This guy is untouchable. Another disgraceful disjointed team performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

 

I'm  happy to blame him for our tempo and the way Westwood refuses to get on with it but I categorically havnt abused anybody. Disagreed with them as robustly as they attack him yes I'll accept that but personal attack no or show me where.

 

I'm not whining making a point on our slow play.

As something to keep me interested (awake) during matches, I sometimes count how many seconds it takes Westwood to kick the ball.

Often it’s 30 seconds or more and never less than 20.

it all adds up and it does suck any momentum out of the game .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

He also use to say we will get promotion now its not being far from being a top team. The guy is blowing smoke up everyones ar*es. The Villa game was a fluke by Wednesdays performances as yesterday is testament of us getting back into the same old. He talks about a clean sheet, well CC, I would sooner win 4-3 and get 3 points, but you obviously cant see it. This guy is untouchable. Another disgraceful disjointed team performance.

Think you lose a bit of credibility in saying 'the Villa game was a fluke.' You can't have it both ways, you have got to give credit where it's due and then have a dig when it's crap - like yesterday. Look further into it as to why we were good against Villa and poor yesterday. I may be a million miles off as I'm no coach but from what I see it's the same old problem of when teams set up with 5 in midfield against us...that's when CC sets us up so narrow and all our balance goes out of the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Which is the worst folks having to watch his team or listen to

 his excuses?

 

Thats easy coz I don’t listen to his interviews anymore. Just what I read off this site 

 

It’s a shame as I used to enjoy watching his pre match and post match press conferences or interviews but it’s been about 4 months since I bothered clicking play on the videos of him talking. 

 

I really hope I dont get to to the point where I stop watching us play football too, tho I’ve already accepted in May that we wouldn’t get promoted this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Southie_Owl said:

 

Thats easy coz I don’t listen to his interviews anymore. Just what I read off this site 

 

It’s a shame as I used to enjoy watching his pre match and post match press conferences or interviews but it’s been about 4 months since I bothered clicking play on the videos of him talking. 

 

I really hope I dont get to to the point where I stop watching us play football too, tho I’ve already accepted in May that we wouldn’t get promoted this season 

 

Got to that stage a while ago fella, opted not to renew last season and pick and choose this year. However I have generally lost interest which is something I never thought could happen. Some will say I'm not a real fan and that but I have the mindset when I believe that the money it costs me to go to the game, I could put to better use for a day out with my family. If I go to the game I will only come home, in a frustrated mood and then it ruins my Saturday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Muffin Owl said:

No problem with Carlos's remarks, he's correct that Bristol are well organised and strong away from home. They came for a point and got it, fair enough. A bit of luck with the penalty shouts and 1 point might have been 3.

The kind of game where FF might have made the difference, like Cardiff at home last season. In fact we'd probably be top 6 now had he been fit.

Still all to play for, so less gnashing of teeth please.

If ,  but , maybe , perhaps, if things were different .... jeez give it up . There are s9 many excuses and straws you can clutch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Westwood yesterday was that he couldn't speed things up. If you noticed whenever Bristol got a corner or long throw  (which was as good as a corner )they pushed all but one man up which made us pull everyone back, most of the time Westwood won the ball so therefore couldn't distribute it quickly cause everyone was back defending. I've always wanted us to leave at least two players on the halfway line whenever the opposition have a corner, free kick, long throw etc just so it would give Westwood someone to launch the ball to quickly. Can't remember the opposition but I do remember Westy doing this once where after the opposition attack broke down he launched it upfield, it bounced once or twice and Hooper leathered the ball into the net (Leppings Lane end ) brilliant goal. Very rarely do we get to see this now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was an appalling game of football. 

 

Two sides set up not to lose. We had a decent spell for 10/15 minutes and then nothing. 

 

No spark, no creativity, no one taking a chance. Passive, insipid drivel from a bunch of multi millionaire footballers and a head coach who seems to trying to convince himself that everything is ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It was an appalling game of football. 

 

Two sides set up not to lose. We had a decent spell for 10/15 minutes and then nothing. 

 

No spark, no creativity, no one taking a chance. Passive, insipid drivel from a bunch of multi millionaire footballers and a head coach who seems to trying to convince himself that everything is ok. 

Can't see anything changing and it will be a season wasted in mid table. Carlos seems to be bullet proof 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×