CARLOS' COMMENTS

4 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Come on now everybody.
This was Bristol City.
BRISTOL CITY - the team third in the second division.
How any of you expected us to really beat a side of that quality is a complete mystery.

It's not like we were playing Burton.

It was Bristol. We showed them the respect they deserved and came away with a hard earned point and a clean sheet.
This bodes well for the future and hopefully we can aim as high as 8th by January.

We didn't beat Burton when we played them.....

Carlos said in his previous match interview that fans think differently to coaches. For him we've come off an international break, bit rusty against a good team and yet 2 points off playoffs wi loads of games to go. 

Different mentality I guess. 

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

It's time for a new coach.

Mustering zero shots on target..at home.

He's a strange one..mullered villa..then this..... he's just got to go... cheers and that... FFS.

The players ‘mullered’ villa and the players mustered zero shots on target today 

I’m sorry but I just do NOT get how the players get away without any kind of criticism and yet it’s all the managers fault for them having 90mins to have a shot on target and not bothering there arses to ?  I Honestly watched that game today and didn’t think one of our lads worked anywhere near as hard as the Bristol lads , is that the managers fault ? Motivation maybe but hard work is an absolute basic requirement and I don’t think our players do enough of it, there lazy and lack a sense of urgency 

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The players ‘mullered’ villa and the players mustered zero shots on target today 

I’m sorry but I just do NOT get how the players get away without any kind of criticism and yet it’s all the managers fault for them having 90mins to have a shot on target and not bothering there arses to ?  I Honestly watched that game today and didn’t think one of our lads worked anywhere near as hard as the Bristol lads , is that the managers fault ? Motivation maybe but hard work is an absolute basic requirement and I don’t think our players do enough of it, there lazy and lack a sense of urgency 

You've just made..and answered your own point... Carlos is not taking us up.

FFS.

No problem with Carlos's remarks, he's correct that Bristol are well organised and strong away from home. They came for a point and got it, fair enough. A bit of luck with the penalty shouts and 1 point might have been 3.

The kind of game where FF might have made the difference, like Cardiff at home last season. In fact we'd probably be top 6 now had he been fit.

Still all to play for, so less gnashing of teeth please.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

What do you expect him to say?

He's hardly going to say we were a bit rubbish and need to buck our ideas up. Generally managers try to be positive, put a positive spin on things. Nil - nil,  they don't say 'We couldn't hit a cow's ars e with a banjo', it's 'We kept a clean sheet'.

If he slags the players off they lose confidence, if he has a go at the owner for being tight he's probably going to get his cards, if he keeps saying we are rubbish the fans will say it's his job to sort it and if he can't we want him out.

Always positive. Look what happened to Dave Jones when he turned miserable.

(C77, this wasn't a reply to your post)

Cant he be honest for a change and just say were are fuckingdogshit at home because hes ran out of ideas ?

Instead we have to go thru the same boring drill every time .

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If that's the case then I hope the team thinks fk this we going to play how we should be playing. 

That never happens in football tho does it. And i get the feeling it’s also a lack of the right motivation from the manager/coaching staff that’s causing problems 

It’s been a long time since I’ve heard one of our players saying how they love playing under this manager, or players smiling when they come off the field 

Edited by Southie_Owl

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He's a strange one..mullered villa..then this..... he's just got to go... cheers and that... FFS.

Unfortunately he always reverts to type.

We can win a game or two but when it comes to pushing on he plays not to lose instead of playing to win.

Maybe its a fear of losing his job.

Lets be honest he has been sacked a few times before. 

I'm not one for sacking managers at the drop of a hat but i believe that our time with Carlos may have run it's course.

FFS.

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

We never mullered villa ffs

we have a go at United for saying they smashed us 2-4, but we allegedly smashed villa 2-1 lol 

Apart from the Palmer effort we didn’t create much to anything 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Unfortunately he always reverts to type.

We can win a game or two but when it comes to pushing on he plays not to lose instead of playing to win.

Maybe its a fear of losing his job.

Lets be honest he has been sacked a few times before. 

I'm not one for sacking managers at the drop of a hat but i believe that our time with Carlos may have run it's course.

FFS.

And me.

FFS.

3 hours ago, prowl said:

What do you expect him to say?

He's hardly going to say we were a bit rubbish and need to buck our ideas up. Generally managers try to be positive, put a positive spin on things. Nil - nil,  they don't say 'We couldn't hit a cow's ars e with a banjo', it's 'We kept a clean sheet'.

If he slags the players off they lose confidence, if he has a go at the owner for being tight he's probably going to get his cards, if he keeps saying we are rubbish the fans will say it's his job to sort it and if he can't we want him out.

Always positive. Look what happened to Dave Jones when he turned miserable.

(C77, this wasn't a reply to your post)

He should.