We Must Be So Easy To Play Against..

6 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

6 wins from 17 is the stat I would look at. Roughly 1 win in every 3 games, amounting to a total of around 55 or so points for the season when you add in some draws.

For a side gunning for promotion and the finances spent it is nowhere near good enough.

We aren't in this league to scrimp and scrape draws, but we don't pose enough issues to the opposition to win games. 

Spot on.

Carlos no shots promised promotion.

He's proven he can't get a team prepared for the play-offs twice, and automatic looks dead already.

He's churning out a dog turd performance every 2 or 3 games consistently.

It's also now been confirmed by the Chairman that Carlos is responsible for spunking transfer and loan cash up the wall, without improving the team in 3 years.

This is the same spunked cash the long suffering fans are still being asked to subsidise for him.

If the Chairman doesn't have the bottle or experience to remove him, then Carlos should do the honourable thing and resign.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I didn't say we should have the right to beat them . 

We are underperforming , massively  ! 

Huddersfield last season should have taught  Carlos a lesson but no .

If your happy and you know it clap your hands . 

I apologise I read" not losing to a team full of players no ones heard of" the wrong way .....

i'm probably reading this the wrong way as well , but what can carlos learn from Huddersfield last season , we did the double over them and finished higher in the table .

as for the clapper dig , all i ask is that we keep in contention right to the end of the season for the play offs to keep the season interesting so yes i'm reasonably happy at the moment .

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

Carlos no shots promised promotion.

He's proven he can't get a team prepared for the play-offs twice, and automatic looks dead already.

He's churning out a dog turd performance every 2 or 3 games consistently.

It's also now been confirmed by the Chairman that Carlos is responsible for spunking transfer and loan cash up the wall, without improving the team in 3 years.

This is the same spunked cash the long suffering fans are still being asked to subsidise for him.

If the Chairman doesn't have the bottle or experience to remove him, then Carlos should do the honourable thing and resign.

Stand up sir and take a bow, post of the week by a country mile.

9 hours ago, ka58 said:

This is part of the problem “players hardly anyone has heard of”

so they must be rubbish yeah - even though they’ve only lost 2 games all season.

I never said they were rubbish did I in fact it is testament to Lee Johnson that he has put together a side difficult to beat ? 

What i am saying as per the title of the thread is that a motivated bunch of players can constantly cause us problems that we dont have an answer  to . 

Look at our bench on Saturday , on paper a bench that most teams would like but we dont have anyone apart from Forestieri who can get people off their seat and the jury is still out on wether he wants to be here .

We can be pleasing to watch playing in neat triangles but while we are doing that the opposites have got their shape back . 

Twice we have gone into an international break with momentum after wins against Leeds and Villa. Yet after two weeks of training with Carlos we come out the other side with two of the lamest performances this season, Bolton and Bristol. Does not reflect well on either the coaching or man-management and leads me to question the quality of either.

The less fashionable teams and the herd working teams have us figured out. We are easy to set up against.

Bigger teams or those doing well in their own back yard have more onus to be more open and offensive. That gives us an opportunity for results like Leeds and Villa that papers over the cracks.

We are as boring as bugger with an easy play strategy to counter.

Sit on Bannan and let him go looking for the ball deeper and our only other options are send it wide for the final delivery to usually end up as a throw in or goal kick to the opposites OR tippy tappy, tippy tappy, sideways, sideways, back then HOOF at which point the opposites gain possession.

If we hadn't got Hooper up top there would be ZERO creativity.

Plan B is to put no plan B strategy on the bench unless you consider Joao an option (so long as we dont stick on the wing) and he manages to control a ball in to him.

No alternative strategy and a main style of play tbat is easy to counter.

Recruitment of players no better than what we have for two seasons and no evolution in game plans.

Easy peasy

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2017 at 21:36, doubleo said:

This division is poor this year and if we don't take advantage of it then it could be a long time before we get another chance. 

This does scare me, looking at the bottom 7 in the prem, all of them could walk this league and attract good players to recover.
Stoke / Everton / West Brom / West Ham / Swansea / Palace / Southampton

Coming up could be Wigan & Blackburn/Charlton, poor teams but experienced championship sides. 
Obvs so early on, but we could easily become the every present championship Ipswich they way things are. (Kit included)

On 19/11/2017 at 19:51, torryowl said:

spot on .......brizzie had  a plan that works for them sit back and sucker us in .carlos didn't buy into it and stalemate was the outcome  ......it was an awful game to watch but tactically it was battle between 2 cautious  managers that in the end  was decided by the the ref ......the ref gives the 1st pen then it's a different game as brizzie have to come out and play .he didn't so they didn't and so carlos gets slaughtered again despite the 6 defeats in 26 ....

You can’t go on about the pen when Bristol had 3 clear chances. 

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You can’t go on about the pen when Bristol had 3 clear chances. 

.they had 2 shots on target that westwood saved that's what he's paid to do ....the ref is paid to adjudge penalty decisions something he  palpably didn't  get right . 

On 11/19/2017 at 07:48, poite said:

It's the most boring football I have seen us play. Carlos simply has to go. The sooner the better

Ahhh yes, I remember being young.....sorry, I can only assume you are very young or have only just started to watch us.

13 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Twice we have gone into an international break with momentum after wins against Leeds and Villa. Yet after two weeks of training with Carlos we come out the other side with two of the lamest performances this season, Bolton and Bristol. Does not reflect well on either the coaching or man-management and leads me to question the quality of either.

so carlos is a good coach before a break but crap immediately after .....good news is that there isn't another till the spring 

Just now, torryowl said:

so carlos is a good coach before a break but crap immediately after .....good news is that there isn't another till the spring 

It's like when the players aren't trying when we lose but are when we win....kin easy this football lark innit.

1 minute ago, qantas said:

It's like when the players aren't trying when we lose but are when we win....kin easy this football lark innit.

don't get me on the not trying bit mate ... 3 times ive asked for the names of the shirkers and drawn a blank every time  .lol

15 minutes ago, qantas said:

Ahhh yes, I remember being young.....sorry, I can only assume you are very young or have only just started to watch us.

It's one of those fine lines isn't it.

It's the difference between boring and crap.

It was terrible under Turner.

But we were crap, and had crap players.

Now we have good players but  it can be quite boring.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

It's one of those fine lines isn't it.

It's the difference between boring and crap.

It was terrible under Turner.

But we were crap, and had crap players.

Now we have good players but  it can be quite boring.

It was boring & crap under Williams, Dooley, Burtenshaw & Ashurst but I never missed a game, never booed & supported my team best I could.....then came Big Jack.

3 minutes ago, qantas said:

It was boring & crap under Williams, Dooley, Burtenshaw & Ashurst but I never missed a game, never booed & supported my team best I could.....then came Big Jack.

True. Then came Big Jack with a successful brand of high tempo get it forward football. It's a funny thing,  but I know some people who didn't go for a while because of his style. And yet...

As many have said, support in the ground and have a grumble when you come out.  I don't see anything wrong with that. 

If I go to the pictures to see a film and it's boring I don't start mum ping during it. But i'll certainly give it a low score when I leave if it's been a poor show.

If you look at how the S2 lot are doing with a team that apparently cost less to assemble than we reportedly pay Tom Lees each year then it's impossible to not come to the conclusion we have the wrong man at the helm. How could you happy clappers possibly argue against this?? Sorry, I forgot, it's down to the biased referees....

Edited by Almat

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

True. Then came Big Jack with a successful brand of high tempo get it forward football. It's a funny thing,  but I know some people who didn't go for a while because of his style. And yet...

As many have said, support in the ground and have a grumble when you come out.  I don't see anything wrong with that. 

If I go to the pictures to see a film and it's boring I don't start mum ping during it. But i'll certainly give it a low score when I leave if it's been a poor show.

Agree with that but movies are a bad analogy.....I go to the movies expecting to be entertained, not so with football...bonus if I am entertained at football but the big difference is that there's another team trying to spoil your day, which often happens, so expecting entertainment leads to disappointment on a regular basis unless you support Barcelona....I actually don't 'expect' anything at football, I just witness what happens & I either like it or don't.

38 minutes ago, Almat said:

If you look at how the S2 lot are doing with a team that apparently cost less to assemble than we reportedly pay Tom Lees each year then it's impossible to not come to the conclusion we have the wrong man at the helm. How could you happy clappers possibly argue against this?? Sorry, I forgot, it's down to the biased referees....

Because what's happening at S2 isn't normal, it's phenomenal really........it's more on the lines of what Clough did at Forest or what happened with Leicester winning the prem, it happens but not often.

It's not fair to judge it that way, if you do then you might as well say all the clubs bar United & Wolves in the Championship have the wrong man at the helm.

1 hour ago, qantas said:

Agree with that but movies are a bad analogy.....I go to the movies expecting to be entertained, not so with football...bonus if I am entertained at football but the big difference is that there's another team trying to spoil your day, which often happens, so expecting entertainment leads to disappointment on a regular basis unless you support Barcelona....I actually don't 'expect' anything at football, I just witness what happens & I either like it or don't.

Oh I agree. I've said many times on here that going to football I always travel in hope rather than expectation. 

Expectations nearly always leads to dissapointment. 

I just don't go along with the counter theory these days that if you don't think 100 passes in your own half and the middle third ate entertaining then you're a dinosaur. 

There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. 

Where in reality...its probably 90% middle ground isn't it!

Nb- Movies might have been a bad analogy. 

Though when Zak Snyder is directing there is also someone seemingly out to ruin my day...:laugh: