We Must Be So Easy To Play Against..

Easy to play against?  Not counting penalty shootouts, I think we lost one out the last 9 last season.  And we've lost 5 out of 17 league games this season.

Yes, six defeats in 26 games, and one of those was our reserves narrow defeat to inform Fulham.  

You couldn't make it up.  

We've got threads on us not having a shot on target yesterday.  If we'd got the two penalties we should have had, we would have won.

Bristol city have only lost 2 all season, I believe, but apart from one close range header, I can't remember Westwood having a proper save to make. 

Some of you supporters could try actually supporting us for a change.

I assume you didnt go?  City have one of the best defences in this division.  

Edited by Lincs Owl

I'd get a new manager in but don't think DC will. Then I'd freshen up the squad, let anyone go that wants to and try to get some of the £10m back for Rhodes or get rid of Fessi (If someone is desperate enough to take a gamble). Try to get 2-3 younger players that have strength or pace or both. Just something we're crying out for and haven't addressed since the Wembley date.

We need a completely new product on the pitch 

we need a pacey striker and a pacey winger. I like bannan but if we can get a good return for him I’d sell him and get a replacement with a different dynamic and way of playing 

our striking pool is good but they are all so one dimensional 

We need to go with a different approach. January is crucial

So, opening poster, if we are so easy to play against, how come we've only lost 6 of our last 26 league and playoff games?

I'd say we are a very difficult side to beat.  

7 points out of the last 9 and the whingers are still at it.  

I'd be pleased if some of you got the train to Manchester every week and leave us with the 20k who get behind the team.  

Like it or not, it's all about money. And we are a long way behind Wolves, Boro,Hull,Villa,Norwich Sunderland and anyone else with parachute millions. 

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

So, opening poster, if we are so easy to play against, how come we've only lost 6 of our last 26 league and playoff games?

I'd be pleased if some of you got the train to Manchester every week and leave us with the 20k who get behind the team.  

Like it or not, it's all about money. And we are a long way behind Wolves, Boro,Hull,Villa,Norwich Sunderland and anyone else with parachute millions. 

Being able to beat and being able to play against are two separate things 

being able to play against meaning they are able to nullify our attacking threat 

6 hours ago, hugeowl said:

So you called it in the first 6 months of Carlos's appointment just after we had beat Arsenal 3-0 at home ? 

Ok .

In a way the Arsenal game only highlighted that we might be better off with plan 'B'. 

We did that to them by mixing things up. 

League we went back to standard set up.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Being able to beat and being able to play against are two separate things 

being able to play against meaning they are able to nullify our attacking threat 

Our forwards have disappointed, I'll agree.  Rhodes, Winnall, Hooper, forestieri, Fletcher.   

We are underachieving I'll agree up front.  But Joao has the speed that most of you crave, and he didn't look like getting through City's packed defence.   Thought Fletcher made a huge difference when he came on.  

Anyway I'm talking overall performances.  We are NOT easy to play against.   

Been saying that for the last 10 years.

Yes we are easy too play against, simply because we always let the opposition play, let them pick their passes and defend from 30 yds from our goal.

We let the opposition GK and defenders have an easy time with the ball, we never put them under any pressure once our attacks break down, and let the opposition dictate the play and pace.

For the last 3 years our midfield has been the problem area.

Edited by adelphi1867

17 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Wolves? They havent got parachute payments. Wolves got taken over, The same as us, difference being theyve spent well and sit top of the league.

For me CC makes it easy for opponents at Hillsborough, by giving them far too much respect. His first thought is always,..."We shall not be defeated" and gives away the initiative straight away, We try to attack from the back foot, so to speak. Our midfield players fall back too deep, too easily, with an eye on providing cover for our back line. We have over lapping fullbacks who don't go forward enough, in case they caught by a counter attack. Our forwards land up being too far away from their playmakers in midfield, they become ineffective.Our widemen lack "real " pace and find it hard to get behind defences in order to create crossing opportunities and panic in defences. In far too many home games this season, we have been a confused mess in terms of our plan. Other teams simply have to apply their game plan well and we are done, especially if that involves high and fast pressing, good organisation and a physically strong midfield..

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Easy to play against?  Not counting penalty shootouts, I think we lost one out the last 9 last season.  And we've lost 5 out of 17 league games this season.

Yes, six defeats in 26 games, and one of those was our reserves narrow defeat to inform Fulham.  

You couldn't make it up.  

We've got threads on us not having a shot on target yesterday.  If we'd got the two penalties we should have had, we would have won.

Bristol city have only lost 2 all season, I believe, but apart from one close range header, I can't remember Westwood having a proper save to make. 

On the flip side Bristol could have had 3 

The free header 

Flints volley first half 

And one at the Lepps  after the guy was clean through . 

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

You couldn't make it up.  

spot on .......brizzie had  a plan that works for them sit back and sucker us in .carlos didn't buy into it and stalemate was the outcome  ......it was an awful game to watch but tactically it was battle between 2 cautious  managers that in the end  was decided by the the ref ......the ref gives the 1st pen then it's a different game as brizzie have to come out and play .he didn't so they didn't and so carlos gets slaughtered again despite the 6 defeats in 26 ....

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

spot on .......brizzie had  a plan that works for them sit back and sucker us in .carlos didn't buy into it and stalemate was the outcome  ......it was an awful game to watch but tactically it was battle between 2 cautious  managers that in the end  was decided by the the ref ......the ref gives the 1st pen then it's a different game as brizzie have to come out and play .he didn't so they didn't and so carlos gets slaughtered again despite the 6 defeats in 26 ....

If you are happy to watch boring dross then I suppose its ok not to lose at home to a team full of players hardly anyone has heard of .

Alternatively if you want to watch attractive attacking football , best stay at home . 

18 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If you are happy to watch boring dross then I suppose its ok not to lose at home to a team full of players hardly anyone has heard of .

Alternatively if you want to watch attractive attacking football , best stay at home . 

I think your right .....it was an awful game that was a tactical battle and  wasn't going to change till one side scored ........that the ref was instrumental in one side not scoring was to the detriment of 26000 fans ..........your living in cuckoo land if just because you don't know who the brizzie players are you think we should beat them .....they are have lost 2 in 17 games , they are a good if negative side .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I think your right .....it was an awful game that was a tactical battle and  wasn't going to change till one side scored ........that the ref was instrumental in one side not scoring was to the detriment of 26000 fans ..........your living in cuckoo land if just because you don't know who the brizzie players are you think we should beat them .....they are have lost 2 in 17 games , they are a good if negative side .

I didn't say we should have the right to beat them . 

We are underperforming , massively  ! 

Huddersfield last season should have taught  Carlos a lesson but no .

If your happy and you know it clap your hands . 

14 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I didn't say we should have the right to beat them . 

We are underperforming , massively  ! 

Huddersfield last season should have taught  Carlos a lesson but no .

If your happy and you know it clap your hands . 

In all fairness I'd rather be happy than bitter and twisted. And just because someone offers a different opinion it doesn't automatically make them a 'happy clapper'. 

It's become like brexit, no middle ground or reasoned debate allowed. You're either this or that, right or an idiot. 

Edited by WhiteOwl91

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

This is part of the problem “players hardly anyone has heard of”

so they must be rubbish yeah - even though they’ve only lost 2 games all season.

13 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

6 wins from 17 is the stat I would look at. Roughly 1 win in every 3 games, amounting to a total of around 55 or so points for the season when you add in some draws.

For a side gunning for promotion and the finances spent it is nowhere near good enough.

We aren't in this league to scrimp and scrape draws, but we don't pose enough issues to the opposition to win games.