We Must Be So Easy To Play Against..

There can't be many teams in this league as easy to play against as us at the moment. 

We're so predictable it's untrue. There's no pace, no creativity or spontaneity, just the same tedious repetition in our play. 

You could literally write a match report before the game and I bet 2/3 of the time it would be correct.

We'll always pull out a good performance like Villa or Leeds, but our general level of play really is poor and we do not pose enough of a problem to the opposition.

I had the Wolves game on TV today whilst watching us. They're literally streets ahead in their play and style. We need a huge revamp in the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carlos failed to build on what was a brilliant foundation after the Hull game. He failed to spot the areas we needed to improve. We needed pace, we needed power. We got neither. We needed another solid CB who knows his way round this league. We still don't have one.

We've gone backwards. Seriously. And without Forestieri, we have absolutely no chance of replicating the last 2 campaigns.

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I had the Wolves game on TV today whilst watching us. They're literally streets ahead in their play and style. We need a huge revamp in the summer. 

Even more worrying is being streets behind the pigs recently up from league 1

It’s pretty soul destroying how they have understood the needs in the championship within 4 months better than Chansiri and Carlos has in 2.5 years 

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

There can't be many teams in this league as easy to play against as us at the moment. 

We're so predictable it's untrue. There's no pace, no creativity or spontaneity, just the same tedious repetition in our play. 

You could literally write a match report before the game and I bet 2/3 of the time it would be correct.

We'll always pull out a good performance like Villa or Leeds, but our general level of play really is poor and we do not pose enough of a problem to the opposition.

We've said exactly the same thing today before the match. If it's so clear for us fans to see then why the foook can't the manager see it?

We are very easy to play against. The amount of time we give teams to get there shape is ridiculous. We completely give teams the centre of midfield. Frustrates the life out of me watching Bannan and Butterfield go so deep and play 5 yard passes between the back 4, while Reach and Wallace come and play so narrow they're playing off the strikers and gives us no options what so ever! Why can't our manager see this!

If I was the opposition manager playing against us I would play a high line, be physical and get in our faces. I'd flood the midfield and would break with pace. This will nullify us and if you were a betting man, you would see the opposites getting a point or 3 against us. 

Play a 4-4-2 and try and out pass / football us and we will beat you everyday of the week.

We lack balance as ISHSB alluded to earlier in the thread - our recruitment since Hull has been misguided and bizarre.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

If I was the opposition manager playing against us I would play a high line, be physical and get in our faces. I'd flood the midfield and would break with pace. This will nullify us and if you were a betting man, you would see the opposites getting a point or 3 against us. 

Play a 4-4-2 and try and out pass / football us and we will beat you everyday of the week.

We lack balance as ISHSB alluded to earlier in the thread - our recruitment since Hull has been misguided and bizarre.

I can’t believe some managers play 4-4-2 against us. I’d go with three strong central midfielders (as you say flood the midfield) with pace out wide and up front. Basically exactly what Hull and Huddersfield did and even the pigs albeit with a slightly different formation.

Too predictable,not sure what we do over these breaks but it cant be varying set peices.

You just narrow the pitch,snuff out our fullbacks,show them inside and push your back 4 up to bolster the centre and we are basically ferked as we have no pace outwide to counter and push the opposition back towards its own area

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

We are very easy to play against. The amount of time we give teams to get there shape is ridiculous. We completely give teams the centre of midfield. Frustrates the life out of me watching Bannan and Butterfield go so deep and play 5 yard passes between the back 4, while Reach and Wallace come and play so narrow they're playing off the strikers and gives us no options what so ever! Why can't our manager see this!

Because CC is generally fixated on playing a middle 2 - and (with any team) it generally gets overrun by a midfield 3

We have the players - we don't have the philosophy

Said it 2 years ago that CC wasn't getting the best out of the squad and it's continuing whilever we have a Plan A as his preferred system - and Plan B is deckchair shuffling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Carlos failed to build on what was a brilliant foundation after the Hull game. He failed to spot the areas we needed to improve. We needed pace, we needed power. We got neither. We needed another solid CB who knows his way round this league. We still don't have one.

We've gone backwards. Seriously. And without Forestieri, we have absolutely no chance of replicating the last 2 campaigns.

Summed up in a nutshell.

Such a wasted opportunity. Last season and this season I really don't think the division has or is been great. Recruitment in the right areas we'd be in a much better place right now. Sadly we've gone backwards. If you'd said to me this time 2 years ago that Loovens and Wallace were still our best options in defence and out wide I would have been very concerned. 

10 hours ago, scram said:

Because CC is generally fixated on playing a middle 2 - and (with any team) it generally gets overrun by a midfield 3

Said it 2 years ago that CC wasn't getting the best out of the squad and it's continuing whilever we have a Plan A as his preferred system - and Plan B is deckchair shuffling

Our middle two v a middle three is the crux of our problems.  As you rightly say it’s been an issue for a few years even before Hull in the play off final.

i wonder what our results are like when playing against teams with a central two as opposed to teams playing a central three?

10 hours ago, scram said:

So you called it in the first 6 months of Carlos's appointment just after we had beat Arsenal 3-0 at home ? 

Ok .