Mid-table mediocrity

Bristol City are a good side and are performing well so far this season. However, they are team we should be beating if we want to stake our claim as a team pushing for promotion. 

We lack urgency, create very few chances and consistently turn out dreadfully boring performances. 

We are slowly drowning into mid-table mediocrity and that’s exactly how the season will finish.

Just now, BingleyOwl said:

Bristol City are a good side and are performing well so far this season. However, they are team we should be beating if we want to stake our claim as a team pushing for promotion. 

We lack urgency, create very few chances and consistently turn out dreadfully boring performances. 

We are slowly drowning into mid-table mediocrity and that’s exactly how the season will finish.

I hate to say it but I called this before the season started. Last season we played poorly but managed to scrape the results. It was always going to be a matter of time before the results matched the performances. 

9 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Bristol are crap and they are 4th!

This league is poor and we are just one of many poor teams!

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

That's the most frustrating thing.

I said at the beginning of the season that after two play off campaigns this was the season we really needed to raise the bar, sort out the inconsistency that plagues us and pick up more points from average teams.

There's a lot of average teams in the Championship this season. If we'd been more consistent this season and picked up the points we ought to have picked up we'd be right up there. But we've just stagnated. We're as average and inconsistent as all the other teams around us.

23 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

We won't be mid table though. We will make the playoffs

Guest The Horse

Nothing will stop us from our seemingly unswerving desire to becoming the next Derby County.
Doomed for all eternity to a mid table finish in the second division of english football.

1 hour ago, BingleyOwl said:

100% agree and saved me typing it myself - sums up how I see this season 

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Bristol are crap and they are 4th!

ThIs season just highlights what a mess we are making of this so called promotion push. Wolves aside , I dont rate another team, Cardiff, Pigs  Bristol City , Ipswich , all above us , with much poorer squads.but all  Over achieving whilst we are under achieving ,