Does anyone really believe..

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Even Guardiola at Man City with all their great players realised last season that he needed more than just good possession players in the English football. You need pace, with the ability for counter attacking play. 

It it was painfully obvious to me, an idiot, to see during last season that the thing our side was missing at times was pace and counter attacking.  And so who do we sign in the summer?  Just George Boyd

Swansea had a similiar problem in this league under Portuguese Paulo Sousa where they were good in possession but a little pragmatic and dull. So they hired Brendan Rodgers, who brought in players like Sinclair and made them a more fast attacking team which got promotion 

Right now may be the most frustrated I have been being a wednesday fan as at least when we were skint there was a reason for dull or negative performances. 

And Gray back in the fold, making the difference at Leicester 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

If you had asked this question after Villa game far more would be saying yes he can. Just shows how fickle some of our fans are. 

I believe he can still do it. 

CC doesn't even talk about promotion unlike a weeks ago.. He now refers to us being one of the top teams. I don't even think our manager shares your optimism. No team deserves or warrants to be promotion contenders after a tactically inept performance like yesterday. If goes to show, the Villa game was the exception and not the rule. The Villa game changed nothing.

For those wanting rid, and I'm certainly not adverse to a change, it's not going to happen until it's mathematically impossible for us to make the play offs. Then he'll do it himself.

Chairman either hasn't got the balls or nouse.

Some of the replacements mentioned on here are cringeworthy, Pulis...Warnock...FFS

The guy in the opposite technical area would be good, likes to play with pace and power. Something our current boss seems happy to avoid.

CC worryingly now is tailoring his plans around the strengths of the opposing teams...he doesn't ave the confidence to tell the squad to go out and win games. 

Draws won't get us into the play offs. Top 8 at best under CC.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

So instead of debating you're just making things up.

So you honestly think Allardyce would come to Hillsborough?

Whats in that for him?

If you don't think he would 

he's not a viable alternative is he?

He takes on jobs that will do the least harm to his reputation or the ones that offer the most cash

We are in neither bracket

2 hours ago, marshy said:

It's nothing short of criminal that a team, at home, with our calibre of players was incapable of at least hitting the target on one occasion. 

We're slow in our build up play, very predictable and probably easy to play against. Again, we're back to the no plan B.

Happens way too often as well. Not a one off by a long way.

3 minutes ago, Crofty_11 said:

There's a nice little situation developing over in Birmingham at the moment. As soon as Pulis is gone, I'd pull the trigger & bring him & the chosen one backgarymegson. Dream team.

Some enlightened bloke mentioned that idea yesterday I think 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Right now may be the most frustrated I have been being a wednesday fan as at least when we were skint there was a reason for dull or negative performances. 

This x 100!!!!!

Sums up perfectly how I feel right now.

I used to be critical of Stuart Gray and the negative brand of football we played under him but he had Will Keane, Chris Magiure and Stevie May to work with. I find it difficult to believe that he’d have carried on in the same way if he’d have suddenly been given Gary Hooper, Jordan Rhodes, Fernando Forestieri and Barry Bannan.

The fact that Carlos has such a talented side and is terrified of letting them off the leash against sides who don’t have half the amount of talent we have is criminal.

This season we’ve seen it against the likes of Burton, Birmingham, Bolton and Sunderland. All really rubbish sides.

Going back to last season it happened numerous times, it was embarrassing watching us play such a cautious game plan against Rotherham United at Home, probably the worst side to play at this level in over a decade.

In fact that was the match I decided I’d had enough and another manager could get more out of these players.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Yes it was

He also picked the team and tactics away at Bolton twice

And the team and tactics that allowed United to put 4 past us on our own soil

All true, which proves there is no reasoning about performances & CC. There might be something in the international break, I don't know. We bummed Leeds, then failed miserably at Bolton. Same maybe could be said about yesterday, following the win at Villa. Hard to put performances down to anything in particular. CC is the easy target though, because the same XI started yesterday.................. 

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

All true, which proves there is no reasoning about performances & CC. There might be something in the international break, I don't know. We bummed Leeds, then failed miserably at Bolton. Same maybe could be said about yesterday, following the win at Villa. Hard to put performances down to anything in particular. CC is the easy target though, because the same XI started yesterday.................. 

A 0-0 draw at home against a team who have been going well, would have been acceptable if we hadn’t already thrown so many points away already

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Expected a Half Decent game yesterday but all we got from CC was another load of pathetic excuses at the PMC.Time to show DC our true feelings if possible by either staying away or not buying club Merchandise until CC is on way out of S6.Never thought that in the 44 years of following the boys that i would be advocating such a protest.:columbo:

Agree with the "also" part. He should have been sacked after Hull imho.

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Not sure that would have been fair. After his first season he deserved another full shot at it. It's a shame it's all gone wrong since then. 

At least in hindsight I was right. lol