Sheffield Wednesday head coach talks about upcoming games

I've stopped listening to Carlos and his musings on our 'preparedness' etc, all predictable stuff (mind you the £20 note tantrum was a tad off the cuff)

The players interviews are also all the same old, same old, I could write it for them

I now, tend only to take notice of the performance and the result, neither the hype nor the excuses

I was at Villa last game and to be fair I thought it was the best we've played all season, very encouraging

But at 3 O'clock tomorrow we're into it again, here's hoping we start on the front foot with tempo, you know it makes sense

6 hours ago, robbie said:

I've stopped listening to Carlos and his musings on our 'preparedness' etc, all predictable stuff (mind you the £20 note tantrum was a tad off the cuff)

The players interviews are also all the same old, same old, I could write it for them

I now, tend only to take notice of the performance and the result, neither the hype nor the excuses

I was at Villa last game and to be fair I thought it was the best we've played all season, very encouraging

But at 3 O'clock tomorrow we're into it again, here's hoping we start on the front foot with tempo, you know it makes sense

Yeah, remember when interviews with footballers and managers were more like a heart-rending confessional, full of profound personal insight, candid revelations and raw bleeding honesty? They used to quote some lovely sonnets in amongst it all too. The odd one would even break out the lute when they ran out of glittering metaphors, the better to illustrate their deft skewering of the human condition in madrigal form.

Gi’ Wordsworth footballers back 

Edited by Mr. Tom