Carlos "Kieran Lee is 100%"

Kieran Lee SWFC.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Kieran Lee has returned from the international break fit and ready for action.

And with three games in the space of seven days on the horizon, head coach Carlos Carvalhal says the 29-year-old will play an important part.

Lee missed the Owls’ 2-1 win at Aston Villa last time out and prior to that, featured from the bench in the victory, by the same scoreline, over Millwall.

Carlos said: “With the international break, he has had rest and come back completely fit and ready.

“Kieran Lee is a player that I said before we must manage him. If you remember, he came on in the game against Millwall but was not 100%.

“I could feel that even in those 20 minutes. After, he didn’t play against Villa and wasn’t in the 18 because he was with some pain. In this moment he is 100%. He is training 100%. We have three games next week and we believe he can be important during this period.”

Owlstalk Shop

I dislike it when we play centre mids on the left or right, but if Lee's to start tomorrow, I'd expect it to be at the expense of Wallace rather than Butterfield or Bannan.

Butterfield and Bannan both played very well individually and as a partnership against Villa. I'd be disappointed if we broke up that which seemed to offer us some actual balance in the centre.

Edited by cowl

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Westwood

Hunt     Lees    Loovens    Fox

Lee    Butters    Bannan    Reach

Rhodes        Hooper

same as what I said

all though if it was completely down to me I'd have pudil at the back with lees 

Didn't Carlos say in his press conference yesterday that Lee has an injury that needs managing and if we have games in quick succession he wont be able the play them. I don't think that means he is 100% fit or is this a game by game fitness?

"Kieran Lee is a player we must manage. He came in against Millwall but was't 100%, I could feel it. He wasn't involved against Villa because he was in pain. With the international break he rest and is completely fit and ready. "At this moment he is 100 %. He is training 100%. When training is more hard maybe the next day we must manage him. We have three games next week and we believe he can be important, if not all the games, some of them."

8 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Westwood

Rhodes        Hooper

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! With the 5 (Hooper, Rhodes, Reach, Bannan and Butters) starting to gel, the link we could try replacing is Lee for Wallace.

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Westwood

Rhodes        Hooper

Would the side not be more balance to replace Fox with Van Aken go three at the back push hunt on into a 5 man midfield and go with a 3-5-2 that becomes a 5-3-2 when no in possession of the ball.

The above team has no right wing and three central midfielders in a midfield of 2 surely my formation would be more balance, would give us the extra man in midfield and protection at the back with Citys big strikers.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Would the side not be more balance to replace Fox with Van Aken go three at the back push hunt on into a 5 man midfield and go with a 3-5-2 that becomes a 5-3-2 when no in possession of the ball.

The above team has no right wing and three central midfielders in a midfield of 2 surely my formation would be more balance, would give us the extra man in midfield and protection at the back with Citys big strikers.

Though I also rate Wallace, I'd have no worries about our right wing with Lee there... he can play there just like Boyd advertised his ability to play mid and wing too, we just haven't got to see it...

And I think I'd rather go with a 4-4-2 versus Bristol tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Though I also rate Wallace, I'd have no worries about our right wing with Lee there... he can play there just like Boyd advertised his ability to play mid and wing too, we just haven't got to see it...

And I think I'd rather go with a 4-4-2 versus Bristol tomorrow.

Do we know if Loovens is match fit yet as i don't think he has played any of the under 23's game in the international break which i find strange for a play who has been out for so long, but then matias has played everyone and cannot get in the starting 18.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lee has to become somewhat of a bit part player due to this hip issue.

Clearly, he's always going to be in the 18 if fit, but I'm not sure he's ever going to able to start three games in succession.

Thing is he's always been somewhat injury prone.

Cracking player if fit though.

depends what you call 100% yes he probably is now he has had some rest and his hip pain/swelling has calmed down ,but in another 10 days he will be in agony or discomfort at the least , there is no magic cure for what he has got he will have to be managed properly ,lets hope he don't have to pack football in too early that would be a shame for a cracking footballer/person he is. 

55 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Yea, shame we can't get both Hunt and Pudil.. I don't really feel convinced by our LB options.

Don't understand the negativity towards Fox. Most games he's played in he's looked more than adequate LB, and better than both Reach and Pudil there IMO. He's got a cracking delivery on him too