Jordan Rhodes : What did Carlos mean when he said this?

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

‘Probably drop him next game L0l’ - Stopped Clock

Please no LOi`ng in this so called adult intrenetz convo

Thank you plez

Guest Fletchers head guard

Basically Rhodes has one style of play to his game, the championships changed and the standard has improved. Making it harder for him to play that. Not exactly hard to understand in all honesty is it? 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Our midfield last season did score 20. In fact, 21.

Lee 5

Forestieri 5 ( 5 of his 12 were from LW)

Wallace 5

Reach 3

Bannan 1

Hutch 1 

Abdi 1

Im not sure how that compares to the midfields of other top sides, but I'm guessing it's reasonable.

richie for Newcastle got 18 i think knockhaert was about 15 then the rest of the midfield Mooy got at least 10 plus his team mates, basic reply we were not very good and including fessi as a midfielder is a reach but I will let you have it.

Edited by room0035

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I assume all these posters who are  having a go at Carlos in advance about dropping Rhodes, dropping Butterfield and "shoehorning" , whatever that means, will be straight on here to apologise if we are unchanged tomorrow 

Not a fuckingprayer mate.  It takes a man to apologise when he's wrong.

"Jordan, after the warm up session tomorrow, its your job to collect all the small cones up, theres a good lad.'Now be grateful Ive put you on the bench"

6 hours ago, Teflon Don said:

Just me that thinks the championship isn't changing then?

Teams who get promoted are tight at the back, attack teams and score goals. 

The top 2 in the table are doing it now. 

Brighton did it, Newcastle did and even Huddersfield did.

Play to Jordans strengths and he will get you at least 20 goals a season.

Cannot get much easier, unless he means head coaches are trying to over complicate the game and play chess? So we need to slow it down and think.

Id rather we do what the top two do.

Bang on, I think we will see a return to Carlos tinkering with the team tomorrow.

Guest Jack the Hat

What he means is this. I don't understand the championship which is why I over complicate things even though it is quite simple really. Tight at the back, good team spirit and break with pace to a proven goal scorer. He's right Rhodes style would not suit Barcelona but we are not in la liga. Wilder has shown how simple it is.  If sharpe and Clarke can bag 14 for United how many do you think Rhodes and Hooper would have bagged for a real manager. It's not rocket science Carlos even if you like to make out it is to justify your salary.

13 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

What he means is this. I don't understand the championship which is why I over complicate things even though it is quite simple really. Tight at the back, good team spirit and break with pace to a proven goal scorer. He's right Rhodes style would not suit Barcelona but we are not in la liga. Wilder has shown how simple it is.  If sharpe and Clarke can bag 14 for United how many do you think Rhodes and Hooper would have bagged for a real manager. It's not rocket science Carlos even if you like to make out it is to justify your salary.

If sharpe and Clarke can bag 14 for United

It's a bit like watching a space ship land in Hillsborough Park.

You know it's happening because your eyes are seeing it, but your brain just can't accept it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Excellent post Jack 

20 hours ago, Teflon Don said:

Cannot get much easier, unless he means head coaches are trying to over complicate the game and play chess? So we need to slow it down and think.

^^^^ Shell of the nut variety.

Wilder is showing why most foreign managers are failing because of over complicating a simple game.

I think what he's meaning is that to play in a Carlos side you've got to be more than just a "goal scorer"...

Now we can debate the merits of that, but it's an increasingly modern trend that strikers or forward players are expected to contribute more than just goal scoring i.e. link-up play, pressing the opposition's defence and so on. 

22 hours ago, Teflon Don said:

exactly this !!!

* also we buy a player who has run the most in the prem the season before and then tell him he runs too much !! (obviously he must now walk around and cover only a third of what he did before... adapt to the championship ! :carlos:

On 17/11/2017 at 22:06, @owlstalk said:

Jordan Rhodes Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

"Jordan, it’s not difficult to explain, he played all the time in one way, the Championship played in one way for a long time but the Championship is changing."

If you actually listen to the interview in full he explains exactly what he means..

He scored a lot of goals for a poor Blackburn team. You just need to get the ball into him in the right areas as much as you can. It’s no good giving it him on the edge of the D or mid way in their half as he hasn’t got the speed to turn and damage them, he needs to be the spearhead

• Like 1