A Bristol City view

I'm a die hard City fan, been a SC card holder at Ashton Gate for years. I've visited Hillsboro several times over the years and what a terrific stadium it is. Sheffield as a City could teach Bristol how to develop a decent public transport system! 

As for tomorrows game. It's a tough call. Two teams playing well and could well cancel each other out so to me a score draw seems most likely.

That said City have several regulars missing thru injury and our RB is out untill around Feb as is Diedoo one of our our main strikers. Our squad ( sorry, our 'group'........:blink: ) has been well created by Lee Johnson with strength in depth.

The turn around at AG this season has been remarkable after Johnson had led us last season on a club record run of 8 consecutive defeats. Fans were going ape that our owner (a Bristolian) Steve Lansdown refused to sack him despite us dropping into the relegation zone at one stage. Lansdown explained his decision by saying the club needed stability and that changing managers and all their backroom staff so often caused too much instability - fair comment and a decision that seems to be paying off.

I won't wish you good luck for tomorrow but in all your other fixtures I certainly do.

• Like 2

Have to say I'm really surprised at how well City are doing so far this season - after not being far off going down last season even with 20 goal Tammy Abraham and then losing him I thought they'd be certs to struggle. But fair play, they might be that random team that comes from nowhere and spends the season in the top six for this year.

Got as far our great transport system before my bull ###t antenna went off, but it is good when other fans appreciate our ground . Watch us get to the promised land of the Prem and our planks in the town hall will put a grade 1 listing on it . 

These are the very same people who devised a public transport system where the cycle and the bus are paramount and the car was the enemy . This has resulted in the city having more "rat runs" than the London sewerage system:wacko:

You may or may not know that Sheffield is like Rome - built on 7 hills - but the tram system you so admire only climbs one of them . :rolleyes:

Any road up hope you and yours have a good experience in Sheff  before and after the game and are sat with your head in your hands from 1500-1650:nuhiu:

5 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Got as far our great transport system before my bull ###t antenna went off, but it is good when other fans appreciate our ground . Watch us get to the promised land of the Prem and our planks in the town hall will put a grade 1 listing on it . 

These are the very same people who devised a public transport system where the cycle and the bus are paramount and the car was the enemy . This has resulted in the city having more "rat runs" than the London sewerage system:wacko:

You may or may not know that Sheffield is like Rome - built on 7 hills - but the tram system you so admire only climbs one of them . :rolleyes:

Any road up hope you and yours have a good experience in Sheff  before and after the game and are sat with your head in your hands from 1500-1650:nuhiu:

You sound fun 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Have to say I'm really surprised at how well City are doing so far this season - after not being far off going down last season even with 20 goal Tammy Abraham and then losing him I thought they'd be certs to struggle. But fair play, they might be that random team that comes from nowhere and spends the season in the top six for this year.

We're all surprised as well! Very few City fans saw this coming. 

One very smart - and perceptive thing that Johnson did was get Bobby Reid to play as a striker based on what he'd seen Reid doing in training matches. Reid is second in the championship goalscorers chart an tbh we don't miss Tammy at all.

Im long enough in the tooth to not carried away just yet but in the 50+ years that I've been watching City I've never seen the club as healthy both on and off the pitch. 

30 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

The turn around at AG this season has been remarkable after Johnson had led us last season on a club record run of 8 consecutive defeats. Fans were going ape that our owner (a Bristolian) Steve Lansdown refused to sack him despite us dropping into the relegation zone at one stage. Lansdown explained his decision by saying the club needed stability and that changing managers and all their backroom staff so often caused too much instability - fair comment and a decision that seems to be paying off.

Ahem

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lombado said:

Are many Brizzles travelling up tomorrow?

We need stats as there is a competition to guess the gate. Any information would be appreciated

PS - only whisper it to me....

Only around 600 sold so far but with PotD I'd guess around 1000. Pretty crap really.

Spent much of my childhood in Bristol and used to watch City a bit, incl in the first division.  Gerry Gow.  Trevor Tainton.  Geoff Merrick.  Paul Cheesley (heartbreakingly, a career ending injury right at the start of their first season).  Always look out for them, and for the rugby team too, whose underachievement in the professional era continues to baffle me.  One of the kids now at the university there.

Could go either way tomorrow, and am looking forward to what should be a good game.