Wednesday night games

Is it just my selective memory, or did we do better than we have done since Paul Sturrock threw years of tradition in the bin and opted for the status quo? Other clubs play on Wednesday nights, like Ipswich, who we are playing on Wednesday 22nd of this month, what do you guys think?

Edited by optimisticowl

Given our name, you would expect us to play mid week on Wednesday night's.

I'm not sure why we play on Tuesdays, is it better because of recovery time for weekend games, but this is mitigated by time to recover from a Saturday to a Tuesday (swings and roundabouts) Something to do with pay days ? I really don't know, but would prefer a game on a Wednesday night, as you know the Tuesday results when you play your qwn game.

On a Tuesday, everybody's in the same boat, ie everyone played on Saturday. If we played on Wednesday there would be no benefit in that game (our opponents also played Saturday, after all), but come the following Saturday we're at a disadvantage because our opponents will have had an extra day's rest. 

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

Is it just my selective memory, or did we do better than we have done since Paul Sturrock threw years of tradition in the bin and opted for the status quo? Other clubs play on Wednesday nights, like Ipswich, who we are playing on Wednesday 22nd of this month, what do you guys think?

Do Ipswich usually play on a Wednesday? I’m sure this game was originally on a Tuesday & moved for Sky? 

14 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

Given our name, you would expect us to play mid week on Wednesday night's.

I'm not sure why we play on Tuesdays, is it better because of recovery time for weekend games, but this is mitigated by time to recover from a Saturday to a Tuesday (swings and roundabouts) Something to do with pay days ? I really don't know, but would prefer a game on a Wednesday night, as you know the Tuesday results when you play your qwn game.

Think your right about payday,  it's on Wednesday  (bit odd ), players have been known to complain when training makes them late and they end up being at the end of the queue , been told that there was a bit of a scuffle when Bannan tried to push in front of the tea lady,

She had to be sat down with one of her own brews and was quite tearful, she said that he (Bannan) untied her apron from behind and, well I won't go into details, anyhow all ended good, the club put an extra fiver in her pay packet and said that it will be taken out of Bannans.

Bannan, who was unrepentant  later told friends that they shouldn't have to stand in the same queue. 

Used to be one of my favourite players not so sure now. 

Edited by daleblue