George Hirst

16 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Get the kid on a 12 month extension and see if you can either get him on loan in January to Rotherham or under heck with the dingles, let him prove he deserves a first team shirt. 

We offered him a deal...he turned it down end of FFS

Il be pretty miffed if the kid leaves,after all its what we as a club are all about,bringing through young players,we thrived off it during the 60s,fair enough our recent record on that fronts pretty pants,but theres credible reasons for that,which makes it all the more gauling to lose one

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Top achieving chairman! 

Who left us in deep sh.. with massive debts. 

Then somehow got job as Fa chairman

Right...

Tbf we were only a good performance away from promotion under Chansiri not so long ago. 

Richards, for the all the early success, will go down as the man who allowed the rot to set in and then high tailed it out of here when we'd hit the iceberg (for the first time). 

Hopefully, Chansiri's tenure won't end in similar circumstances. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Right...

Tbf we were only a good performance away from promotion under Chansiri not so long ago. 

Richards, for the all the early success, will go down as the man who allowed the rot to set in and then high tailed it out of here when we'd hit the iceberg (for the first time). 

Hopefully, Chansiri's tenure won't end in similar circumstances. 

He was a hero once - which was my point. 

Someone who signed some of the best players we’d seen at Hillsborough in half a century. Not decent players who can’t quite cut it in the Premier League but England internationals. 

If FFP bites us in the arse DC’s reign will have had a similar trajectory- albeit without the extreme high of seeing Waddle etc in a Wednesday shirt. 

Richards had huge ambitions for Wednesday and he almost made it too - but ultimately he was a disaster. Hero worshipping chairmen is generally misguided.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Fair point...

Perhaps we can wait and see what happens before deciding :Chansiri: 's fate? 

His fate is in his own hands - I’m just making sure I keep thoughts of DC - and modern football in general - separate from my emotional attachment to the club otherwise I would have walked by now. 

If I couldn’t afford a ST I would have packed in already. 

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Trophy, Europe, high up in the Premier League. Beats the play offs. 

lol

But doesn't beat 20 years of near financial ruin. culminating in being served with a winding up order. All of which was down to Richards and his mismanagement of the club. If he hadn't managed the club so badly we might not be still fighting to get back to the premiership after 17 years. 

Short term gain long term pain.