Cost of football at SWFC compared to other clubs in our division

Looking at the other thread re. youngsters attending, and taking into account the multitude of other threads on this subject, it is clear and probably justifiable in a business sense based on getting promotion in the relative short-term, to see where the pricing "comes from."

The basic plan is to achieve as much fixed income from those who want to both believe and go in the shorter-term and get maximum income from the day trippers or big game attenders which also adds value foe the season ticketers.

He's outlined the plan, stated the dream and said here's my money, I think we can do this so buy in alongside me.

As per usual the week in, week outers in the shitseats have continued to dream whilst the Billy Bigshot Ten Bob Millionaires in the boxes have pissedoff to Rotherham and Huddersfield citing better value.  

It's why they are all so negative.  They will have to sit with the riff raff if we actually make it to the promised land.

Considering how much it costs to go to Hillsborough these days, I'd say that our attendances are outstanding.

I'd also add that looking at the pigs prices in comparison to ours, plus the fact that they are second in the league playing attacking, entertaining football, i'd say that the fact we still get bigger gates than them tells you everything about the relative sizes of the clubs.

Were we paying the prices they are, sat second in the league and playing a similar brand of football to what we played in our first season under Carlos, there'd be 28k coming through the gates every week.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Considering how much it costs to go to Hillsborough these days, I'd say that our attendances are outstanding.

I'd also add that looking at the pigs prices in comparison to ours, plus the fact that they are second in the league playing attacking, entertaining football, i'd say that the fact we still get bigger gates than them tells you everything about the relative sizes of the clubs.

Were we paying the prices they are, sat second in the league and playing a similar brand of football to what we played in our first season under Carlos, there'd be 28k coming through the gates every week.

The numbers are skewed by the season tickets on our behalf and the tightening up of controls on kids' tickets at their end.

You get what you pay for. If you want shybo mid table sloggers you can go to the lane. If you want genuine promotion contenders who play silky attacking football you'll come to Hillsborough. Plus we have a much better stadium than everyone else in this league, nobody ever mentions that when they slag our ticket prices off.

UTO

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You get what you pay for. If you want shybo mid table sloggers you can go to the Hillsborough. If you want genuine promotion contenders who play silky attacking football you'll go to Lane. Plus we have a much better stadium than everyone else in this league, nobody ever mentions that when they slag our ticket prices off.

UTO

Corrected it for you!

• Haha 2

We are a rip off, we know we are a rip off, but we still go, cos we support Sheffield Wednesday. When I heard this report had come out, I knew we wouldn’t fair well. 

Just a bit surprised about how low we are in the season ticket bit and how it’s increased so much when compared to the league. I thought the big thing was to reward the faithful.

Also the report says we only pay £20 on average for POTG. Who are they kidding. 

lol

Edited by Stevelknievel

1 minute ago, Stevelknievel said:

We are a rip off, we know we are a rip off, but we still go, cos we support Sheffield Wednesday. When I heard this report had come out, I knew we wouldn’t fair well. 

Just a bit surprised about how low we are in the season ticket bit and how it’s increased so much when compared to the league. I thought the big thing was to reward the faithful.

We will all be rewarded in Heaven.

26 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You get what you pay for. If you want shybo mid table sloggers you can go to the lane. If you want genuine promotion contenders who play silky attacking football you'll come to Hillsborough. Plus we have a much better stadium than everyone else in this league, nobody ever mentions that when they slag our ticket prices off.

UTO

Yeah look at Huddersfield with their gigantic ticket prices getting promoted, clearly teams who charge more finish higher, Just look at the league with Norwich, Wednesday and Fulham all fighting to get promoted and Those blades and wolves struggling to survive at the botto............ oh wait that's all nonsense. High ticket prices do not mean promotion or even better football.

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Yeah look at Huddersfield with their gigantic ticket prices getting promoted, clearly teams who charge more finish higher, Just look at the league with Norwich, Wednesday and Fulham all fighting to get promoted and Those blades and wolves struggling to survive at the botto............ oh wait that's all nonsense. High ticket prices do not mean promotion or even better football.

If we had made the same close season signings as Utd and were paying 20 quid POTG do you think people on here would have been happy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If we had made the same close season signings as Utd and were paying 20 quid POTG do you think people on here would have been happy?

We signed George Boyd on a free signing in the close season who has made no impact, a loan defender and Van Aken for a few million. Yes we spent £10 Million for Jordan Rhodes in January but that wasn't just funded by POTG prices being high.

Ticket prices are just one factor of a club and yes If more people could go then yes them fans who can go now would be happy. As for existing season ticket holders in the south stand who pay over £600-700 for a season ticket would appreciate paying less.

Not all teams who have got promoted have felt the need to make the fans pay more. I would prefer for it to be done in a better way where more can be included over a longer period of time.

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

UTO

You're going to be famous on the pigs forums, this will be the most quoted post of the year. 

9 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

We signed George Boyd on a free signing in the close season who has made no impact, a loan defender and Van Aken for a few million. Yes we spent £10 Million for Jordan Rhodes in January but that wasn't just funded by POTG prices being high.

Ticket prices are just one factor of a club and yes If more people could go then yes them fans who can go now would be happy. As for existing season ticket holders in the south stand who pay over £600-700 for a season ticket would appreciate paying less.

Not all teams who have got promoted have felt the need to make the fans pay more. I would prefer for it to be done in a better way where more can be included over a longer period of time.

That wasn't the question I asked.

2 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

UTO

My sarcasm meter isn't quite what it used to be but that did register a big F off twitch!