@owlstalk

Would you support a move to a new ground?

4 minutes ago, trueblue1987 said:

Hartlepool was a fantastic day. I was buzzing when I left Cardiff. 

Good for you.

The club is a million miles ahead of that day and you're moaning.

Stop going if it's so depressing.

• Disagree 1

I get what you mean. We play better teams, we have better players, we spend millions but for me, personally, football isn't about that it's that sense of belonging and being with your mates and family. I'm 30 and I've had a season ticket without fail for 26 of those years with my dad and grandpa. My mates came to join us, as did their friends. This last year people have dropped away because of prices going up and enjoyment satisfaction going down. 

As I said those back to back play offs have sucked all the enjoyment out of it for me too.

Yes. 

flipping bin off the shitpile that is Hillsborough. 

51 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

No need to move.

implement the World Cup plans and acquire property surrounding the stadium if and when possible.

More often than not, the reason for moving to new stadia is to increase capacity...our ground would be fit for purpose with a new west stand and the corners filled in for many years to come.

many clubs had to relocate to build New stadia to improve Their truly dilapidated grounds...which we also had before the 66 World Cup.  Grounds like Filbert Street, vetchfield, Baseball Ground, Ayresome Park, Roker Park, Boothferry Park, Burnden Park & The Dell were still essentially unchanged from the 1920's..

We just need to alter and extend certain parts of the ground and facilities within, not build an entirely new one and pay for the land to do so.

IMO it would just add to the way that football clubs are becoming detached from ordinary folk by becoming a park and ride venue    In an industrial estate off a roundabout off the M1...or worse still some kind of Ricoh Arena...

Spot on mate 

• Thanks 1

I can see why people want to but it would be a wrench too far I think. Too many memories wrapped up in the place for me.  Each to their own though. 

• Disagree 1

After brexit loads of clubs will move abroad and join a European/ world super league. National football will finish.

We will probably be based in Thailand.

They just waiting for this generation of fans to die off coz next generation won't be bothered anyway.