ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 8 corporate hospitality

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

WOW   didn't think he could insult local business more .....and..... then he does 

decided to remove all other of my response to this complete hogwash 

people on here not interested so nothing to be gained by it 

That was an insult? The poor little darlings, I bet they're crying into their off shore bank accounts.  

The simple fact as DC has pointed out more than once the boxes aren't paying their way, so he's had to increase prices.  Surely the business community can appreciate how capitalism works. 

Just now, Watson said:

That was an insult? The poor little darlings, I bet they're crying into their off shore bank accounts.  

The simple fact as DC has pointed out more than once the boxes aren't paying their way, so he's had to increase prices.  Surely the business community can appreciate how capitalism works. 

believe what you will 

btw the flat earth society are looking for new members 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Boxes are bobar anyway. No atmosphere and no lovely phantom farter. No queuing at half time for a beer, no chanting or pointing fingers at other fans. 

Executive boxes aren’t for proper footy fans. 

I have been in Exec Boxes for matches a few times and in all honesty it is a crap way to watch a match.

Would rather Wednesday offer competitive pricing for the prematch meal options with tickets in the South.  Get the function rooms full and generate some atmosphere in them.

Just now, Watson said:

So are you claiming they are paying their way? 

I don't wish to join your flat earth society, thanks for the offer.

look it's your prerogative as I said believe what you will 

I would simply say every other club in our league most be incompetent idiots losing money on opening their boxes 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing that I cant get my head around is this

If corporate boxes don't generate significant profit then why do football clubs fall over themselves to build as many of them into their stadiums as possible?

Sometimes they even redevelop whole stands purely in order to accomodate more of them

16 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

also thought the corporate side was to bring in prospective sponsors

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

look it's your prerogative as I said believe what you will 

I would simply say every other club in our league most be incompetent idiots losing money on opening their boxes 

Your not making much of a case.  Seems to me that after years of getting a very good deal which the club simply couldn't maintain.  Some of the corporate fans have decided to walk away which is their choice.  Some of them as is their right are now stamping their feet in fustration and are complaining/whinging on social media. 

Much better for me as I can now gain access to the corporate gangways much faster after the match.  

Every cloud eh?

• Haha 1

When I look at a conflict situation I always try to see it in the "other man's shoes."

I sort of get where he's coming from with this and although I don't agree with his actions or the way it's been handled it all comes down to money and probably more in fact to status within  and loyalty to the club.  Amidst the selfies and backslapping and the revelling in the new dawn with his new money he probably thought, "Hang on a minute....."

He has thrown out the challenge to those lording it up for years in the corporate areas to put their money where their mouths are unconditionally for that right and to "the cause" and when it came to the crunch they hid behind contractual issues and fuckedoff to Rotherham and Huddersfield to act the bigshot.

I'm guessing that this is how he may see it anyway.

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

This thread should have been locked after the opening post.

Whats the point keeping it open if people can't post there version of events? 

If people are just stating facts then nobody can be sued for that.

They can - and they only have a defence if they can prove it. Libel laws are poo . 

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

But if x amount of box holders were told the same thing it's pretty easy to prove surely also wouldn't every business request details in writing when spending that kind of cash?

I don’t know what the pulled posts said. The libel laws are stacked against ordinary people. Sometimes they can’t afford to fight those with deep pockets.