BREAKING NEWS - Massive changes to what you can take into the matches!

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

none of this makes a blind bit of difference ,if some sicko wanted to kill they could do it outside of ground at 255pm and do just as much damage . same in a crowded train station etc etc I don't think getting into a ground makes much difference to them . if I spotted one crossing bridge with his backpack ready to explode id get the b*****d over the wall into the river . would make more sense having sniffer dogs at end of bridge both sides Penistone road and leppings lane , with firing squad loaded ready to spray bullets into em. 

Firing squads? 

What about those of us with young children? How do we get stuff in the ground we need for them?

Looks like I will have to smuggle it in, much like those do with flares they manage to get in whilst they are busy checking my child's little bag for explosives...

*Sarcasm*

Edited by mark77

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday are committed to improving supporter safety before, during and after games at Hillsborough.

As part of this strategy and to expedite entry into the stadium, from 1 December we will begin to limit the size and types of bags that can be brought into Hillsborough.

The safety operation team at Sheffield Wednesday have recommended the implementation of this measure to enhance safety and simplify the process of fans gaining access to all parts of the stadium.

We strongly encourage supporters to refrain from bringing all types of bags to the game unless absolutely necessary.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks and luggage of any kind.

Computer and camera bags are permitted only if a search is carried out prior to entry. There will be no change related to items such as smart phones and binoculars.

Supporters will continue to enjoy the matchday experience with these small changes, safe in the knowledge that entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster.

Every member of the public visiting Hillsborough should do so in a safe and secure environment and public safety remains our top priority at all times.

These revised measures will make the task of checking items upon entry more efficient and effective to all who visit as we look to maximise the experience of both home and away supporters.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Christ.

I took my dry cleaning to a Hearts match a couple of years ago...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cross owl said:

Rule number one to make people welcome draconian measures in all aspects of their lives . Invent a threat or blow one out of all proportion then the public will accept any measure you wish to implement and anyone who disagrees will be seen as someone with something to hide . It also makes sure that people view each other with suspicion which when you want to divide and conquer its fantastic . Every so often the police say they have foiled a threat and thats it . Look at the laws that have been invented over the last couple of decades to remove people's free will . To achieve and prevent absolutely nothing and thus is no different . Apart from you get some shiny new laws to stop you doing things . 

I get where your coming from mate, Orwells 1984 was way ahead of its time wasn't it.

Applying similar logic I would expect to see concrete blocks zig zagging there way up from Hillsborough Leisure Centre right up towards Sainsburys. Maybe the boys in blue (when they're not painting their nails and virtue signaling on twatter) can get their mates with guns to form a ring of steel around the ground. Nah although they think they have our best interests at heart its not really necessary is it, but we'll get a quick win, tick a box and all pat ourselves on the back for doing a great job.

If only I truly believed that the people in charge knew what they were doing........but they don't.

They may confiscate my backpack but they'll never take away my cheese and pickle.

9 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

Really? Strange in this day and age.

Not really though. Maybe back in the 70's and 80's. 

Greatest way to stop the 'fear' of terrorism.

Turn off the news. Don't read certain newspapers.

Easy life.

1 hour ago, folger said:

Great more nanny state or even football club interfering. Same as the rule where you can't bring a can into the stadium as it could be used as a weapon. So can someones fists shall we all remove our hands before entering? 

Nah, we can't remove our hands; how would we get our wallets out to buy the over priced products? 

Just got back to the hotel after watching The Killers at Manchester Arena (they were brilliant),

Walked past the location where 22 innocent souls were lost to a piece of terrorist pigs**t and more than 500 were injured. Some are still in hospital.

Honestly some of the pathetic, whining , sarcastic comments on here make me sick. Personally I’m thankful whether it’s a match, gig or anything else that someone somewhere is trying, whether it inconveniences me or not, to prevent me meeting a nail bomb coming the other way.

Ffs get a grip !

7 hours ago, cross owl said:

Rule number one to make people welcome draconian measures in all aspects of their lives . Invent a threat or blow one out of all proportion then the public will accept any measure you wish to implement and anyone who disagrees will be seen as someone with something to hide . It also makes sure that people view each other with suspicion which when you want to divide and conquer its fantastic . Every so often the police say they have foiled a threat and thats it . Look at the laws that have been invented over the last couple of decades to remove people's free will . To achieve and prevent absolutely nothing and thus is no different . Apart from you get some shiny new laws to stop you doing things . 

9 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

Just got back to the hotel after watching The Killers at Manchester Arena (they were brilliant),

Walked past the location where 22 innocent souls were lost to a piece of terrorist pigs**t and more than 500 were injured. Some are still in hospital.

Honestly some of the pathetic, whining , sarcastic comments on here make me sick. Personally I’m thankful whether it’s a match, gig or anything else that someone somewhere is trying, whether it inconveniences me or not, to prevent me meeting a nail bomb coming the other way.

Ffs get a grip !

Problem is that he went through the open gates at the end.

Just like anyone could at S6 when they open up the exit gates at the end.

It is clearly the club trying to squeeze the last penny out of people wwith their overpriced crap fayre on the concourses.

What about all those with young kids who need extra clothes. Change of underwear for accidents and a drink and food (and mine are 24 & 22) We gonna expect them to stump up another £15-20 per game?

I know someone who would.

Little bloke, sees everything through Baht-tinted glasses.