BREAKING NEWS - Massive changes to what you can take into the matches!

Security is above everything else these days and quite rightly. Don't think about inconvenience, think about all the kids that would be left without a parent or all those that might not be able to carry on doing their jobs, if there was an attack of some sort. Just do as the club asks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I shall deploy it in a false arm like the security services use!

I will defend my right to drink from a flask...and my harris. 

What a wonderful idea. I love the creativity and it's certainly going to be more comfortable. My suggestion would leave the contents of your flask, shall we say, "tainted"?

11 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Sadly Snoots, you may have to learn the art of "plugging"

No, me neither!

Dimensions: 20cm x 6.5cm (Height x Diameter)

Best colour available as there is the link to team colours as well as a little discretion regarding any collateral skiddage.

The added advantage of making even a boring game thrilling and the look on your fellow fans' faces when you squeeze it out at half-time.

Stick a badge on there and I think they would fly out...

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Kate said:

This is a bloody b*tch for me

Always travel up from London in the morning with overnight bag. Can't check in before game/ or can't drop off bags at mates until after game

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just wear a Jamiroquai hat and keep your stuff underneath it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Wouldnt tempt fate mate. 

On a lighter note....in the 80s I went to Highfield Rd (rubbish 1-0 defeat). I'd been helping a mate hay-bail that morning and still had a few lengths of string in my pockets. The police were searching every fan in those days, and they were not happy and took the hay-covered string off me. 

To this day Im not quite sure what they thought I was going to do with the string. I imagined a conversation...

Ambitious PC - "Sarge, Sarge, I took some string off that Wednesday fan. Strangulation weapon."

Seargent - " Well done son. Can you now go and collect those 3000 blue and white scarf-things they seem to have snook in".

The police once jailed me and took me to court for possesing a dangerous weapon.

It was a tie. (i kid you not)

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Dimensions: 20cm x 6.5cm (Height x Diameter)

Best colour available as there is the link to team colours as well as a little discretion regarding any collateral skiddage.

The added advantage of making even a boring game thrilling and the look on your fellow fans' faces when you squeeze it out at half-time.

Stick a badge on there and I think they would fly out...

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

On tap as it were. 

Mind. I'd be worried that the next time I sat on a bar stool my harris cheeks would slap against the floor. 

• Haha 1

It is because when they actually check my backpack, which is about 50% of the time, they only ask me to un-zip it and look in the top. As every wanna be terrorist know you put the IED on the top not buried beneath scarves, sweets, etc.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

How big is a clutch bag?

What is a clutch bag? WTF:

What about those who might have bought a load of stuff from mega store for crimbo presents and will want to put them into a stronger bag like a duffle bag? 

Very few fans take a large bag to games so it should only take a steward a few seconds to check contents. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

On tap as it were. 

Mind. I'd be worried that the next time I sat on a bar stool my harris cheeks would slap against the floor. 

You need to do clenching exercises between games.

If you have a season ticket you can tape some bbq tongs under your seat for emergencies.

IMG_1935.JPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Nonsense...what happens when you come straight from work which we do every friggin week

Seriously...?

Plan ahead, find a solution.  The Club are alerting you to the new security measures, deal with it.