BREAKING NEWS - Massive changes to what you can take into the matches!

15 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Am I the only cynical one that things parents taking in a ruck sack full of food and drink for their family is the real target?

Probably.

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

So people would spend money on snap  at the grounds rip off kiosk`s . Wouldnt surprise me . 

Exactly the same restrictions were being applied at the Scotland v Samoa Rugby International last weekend so whether you agree with them or not, it definitely isn't a ruse by the club or a SAG/SYP restriction.

1 hour ago, 33 said:

Problem is that he went through the open gates at the end.

Just like anyone could at S6 when they open up the exit gates at the end.

It is clearly the club trying to squeeze the last penny out of people wwith their overpriced crap fayre on the concourses.

What about all those with young kids who need extra clothes. Change of underwear for accidents and a drink and food (and mine are 24 & 22) We gonna expect them to stump up another £15-20 per game?

I know someone who would.

Little bloke, sees everything through Baht-tinted glasses.

This is hardly something specific to Hillsborough, I'm afraid. Using anti-terrorism measures as a stick to beat the chairman with seems misguided at best, to be honest.

I suppose those with young kids who need food, drink, and a change of clothes would fall into the 'absolutely necessary' category mentioned in the club's statement, and therefore will be subjected to a quick search of the bag before being waved into the stadium...assuming they're not also carrying a bomb, of course.

2 hours ago, 33 said:

Problem is that he went through the open gates at the end.

Just like anyone could at S6 when they open up the exit gates at the end.

It is clearly the club trying to squeeze the last penny out of people wwith their overpriced crap fayre on the concourses.

What about all those with young kids who need extra clothes. Change of underwear for accidents and a drink and food (and mine are 24 & 22) We gonna expect them to stump up another £15-20 per game?

I know someone who would.

Little bloke, sees everything through Baht-tinted glasses.

Get there early, explain your situation, ask to be checked thoroughly, if they dont agree ask to speak to a senior steward. You will be fine.  If everyone brought a rucksack it would take 3 hours to get into the ground. There point is ‘only if its necessary’

stop whining about a different agenda you have.

seriously as the other guy said get a grip.

On 14/11/2017 at 10:52, alanharper said:

So if you want to stay overnight before the game, and check out of your hotel on the Saturday morning, what are you supposed to do with your bag/backpack?

They should provide safe lockers/room for this situation

I sometimes have a bag with me when I travel down for a game and stay over. But whatever inconvenience arises due to this new rule wont bother me too much.

It will have been worth the hassle, just to have read that post about the firing squads lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I understand the safety aspect but does this have anything to do with fans taking their own food and drink with them instead of buying it in the stadium.

I hope this is being done for safety issues and not profit issues.

I like the fact that you dressed this up as an original thought, when the same crackpot nonsense has been spouted several pages earlier.

But yeah I'm sure we as a club are using extra security as an excuse to force people to buy Ribena from one of the kiosks.

49 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I like the fact that you dressed this up as an original thought, when the same crackpot nonsense has been spouted several pages earlier.

But yeah I'm sure we as a club are using extra security as an excuse to force people to buy Ribena from one of the kiosks.

I’m determined to use ‘crackpot nonsense’ in an email today.

1 hour ago, Beanie Rook said:

How about all bags are stored in a hot air balloon before kick-off. The balloon then floats over the stadium until the end. It could become part of the pre- match entertainment, even more so if there is actually a bomb. Free fireworks for the kids. 

They could fill it with hot air from this thread.

OFFICIAL UPDATE

For those wanting to know about bags this is from The club.
To continue to ensure the safety of all supporters at Hillsborough, the Sheffield Wednesday Safety Team would like to limit the number of bags within the stadium, both on matchdays and none matchdays.
This does not mean supporters cannot bring backpacks, rucksacks, handbags etc, but we strongly advise they only do so if completely necessary.
In terms of any medical provisions, you may bring these into the stadium, this includes insulin, epi pens or other medication you need.
Items brought from the club Megastore can be brought into the stadium.
As with previous seasons, any bag brought to Hillsborough will be subject to a search by a member of our Safety Team.
Sheffield Wednesday prioritises the welfare of all supporters to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience at Hillsborough.
Kind regards,

Swfc Operations Team

8 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Get there early, explain your situation, ask to be checked thoroughly, if they dont agree ask to speak to a senior steward. You will be fine.  If everyone brought a rucksack it would take 3 hours to get into the ground. There point is ‘only if its necessary’

stop whining about a different agenda you have.

seriously as the other guy said get a grip.

My agenda?

8 hours ago, eddie1973 said:

I sometimes have a bag with me when I travel down for a game and stay over. But whatever inconvenience arises due to this new rule wont bother me too much.

It will have been worth the hassle, just to have read that post about the firing squads lol

Personally i  leave her at home and go one my own. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

OFFICIAL UPDATE

For those wanting to know about bags this is from The club.
To continue to ensure the safety of all supporters at Hillsborough, the Sheffield Wednesday Safety Team would like to limit the number of bags within the stadium, both on matchdays and none matchdays.
This does not mean supporters cannot bring backpacks, rucksacks, handbags etc, but we strongly advise they only do so if completely necessary.
In terms of any medical provisions, you may bring these into the stadium, this includes insulin, epi pens or other medication you need.
Items brought from the club Megastore can be brought into the stadium.
As with previous seasons, any bag brought to Hillsborough will be subject to a search by a member of our Safety Team.
Sheffield Wednesday prioritises the welfare of all supporters to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience at Hillsborough.
Kind regards,

Swfc Operations Team

Unbelievable. 

I thought this was all a cynical ploy by the club to make a fortune from selling officially branded EpiPens.