BREAKING NEWS - Massive changes to what you can take into the matches!

4 hours ago, Kate said:

They need to do SWFC clutch bags in the shop

I think your on to summat there mate ban everything non swfc make people buy swfc stuff from shop clutch bags backpacks laptop cases brief cases they’ll make a killing . . . Parden no pun intended 

12 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

There needs to be swfc fanny bags in mega store asap or the club is missing a trick. 

And willy warmers . . . Oh hang on your talking about the small bag thing that fastens like a belt ohhhhhh that’s rubbish 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's two warnings in a week

There are so many security measures coming out of Sheffield Wednesday at the moment it's like there's been some kind of threat

Very worrying

Smacks of SAG and their usual completely over the top reaction to everything at Hillsbro .  

7 hours ago, Kameron said:

I'd be more concerned with some nutter steaming up Penistone road in a lorry or any vehicle for that matter, they'd take out hundreds if they timed it right.

You would be lucky to get up to 20mph on penistone rd most of the time. 

3 hours ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

Yes. The point being, if someone wants to put something like a bomb in a back pack, they can do so and simply wonder down close to the ground and mingle with the crowds going to and/or leaving the match. They don't need to go near the turnstiles or get into the ground. The point I am making is that by banning rucksacks from the ground itself you are not necessarily making things any safer, it's an illusion and though we'd like to think it would make a difference, I doubt this ban would stop someone sick enough to try.  In the end, it isn't possible to remove the risk of someone doing something like this by banning rucksacks, or briefcases, or whatever, in a situation such as this where you have large crowds. . The reality is that there's not much you can achieve by banning things here and there, if someone wants to do something then it's pretty difficult to stop them, sad though it is. For what it's worth, I'd argue personally they'd be better off closing Penistone Road to traffic completely before and after the game if they want to improve safety more.  

You are right, it's not really about safety per se.

But the club has a legal duty of care inside the ground. Also these baastards get less publicity outside than inside so all in all its the right thing to do.

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Am I the only cynical one that things parents taking in a ruck sack full of food and drink for their family is the real target?

Probably.

So people would spend money on snap  at the grounds rip off kiosk`s . Wouldnt surprise me . 

9 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Am I the only cynical one that things parents taking in a ruck sack full of food and drink for their family is the real target?

Probably.

Yes most likely just you and a few other weirdos who will seek to twist absolutely anything.....

FFS (Genuine one).

Last home match against Millwall i got into the ground with a LED floodlight and a single socket back box from screwfix. I always takes a backpack for the kids food ect and will continue doing so. If a terrorist wants to blow us up he will just have a suicide belt on rather than backpack. Lets face it banning stuff aint going to make a blind bit of difference if someone wants to blow everyone up.

25 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Probably.

You are if you're constantly trying to find a negative angle. 

No one can take you seriously when it comes to critiquing anything the club does nowadays. Endless negativity. Zero impartiality. 

6 minutes ago, unkastav said:

So when I travel up on the train with my daughter who usually has her ipad, her own purse, spare jacket etc in my bag aswell as my own things phone paper programme drink etc where does all this go?

Good point. 

It's not very considerate for people who are traveling up on the day via other means than car. 

none of this makes a blind bit of difference ,if some sicko wanted to kill they could do it outside of ground at 255pm and do just as much damage . same in a crowded train station etc etc I don't think getting into a ground makes much difference to them . if I spotted one crossing bridge with his backpack ready to explode id get the b*****d over the wall into the river . would make more sense having sniffer dogs at end of bridge both sides Penistone road and leppings lane , with firing squad loaded ready to spray bullets into em.