BREAKING NEWS - Massive changes to what you can take into the matches!

Backpack ban is a massive pain if you are taking smaller kids with you and have to carry all their stuff around because it means that you can't be hands free when walking to and from the game and trying to hold their hands.  Also, I don't see why banning backpacks makes you any safer. If people are going to do something they have plenty of opportunity outside the ground. 

1 minute ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

Backpack ban is a massive pain if you are taking smaller kids with you and have to carry all their stuff around because it means that you can't be hands free when walking to and from the game and trying to hold their hands.  Also, I don't see why banning backpacks makes you any safer. If people are going to do something they have plenty of opportunity outside the ground. 

Yep, a real pain in the ass not having a backpack. Ipad, headphones, scarves, sweets, drinks, etc......I'll look like the flipping Michelin man walking in with everything stuffed in me jacket!

2 minutes ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

Can't see this being an issue...

IMG_1938.JPG

• Haha 2

So is this going to be a general rule at all football stadia, or is it just a SWFC / SYP / SAG thing?

As I said before it's going to be a massive ballache for people who travel, stay over the night before and check out of their hotel on the morning of the game.

nvm, just seen it in the OP - "The safety operation team at Sheffield Wednesday have recommended the implementation of this measure to enhance safety and simplify the process of fans gaining access to all parts of the stadium. "

Just us then, as usual.

Edited by alanharper

The good news is that the club are thinking of offering the VIP 1867 Chansari Locker package, maybe located on Penistone Road? Cost £150 a game and big enough for a Ryan Air cabin size case.

The Package includes;

• A key
  • A hook
  • a door
  • two sides
  • a back
  • Haha 3

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

How big is a clunge bag?

I’ll not be taking the other half anymore, hers is masssoooovvve!

Yey!

25 minutes ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

I agree.   The idea though is that they wont do it inside the venue/stadium as they would do more damage in the confined spaces and that security services have more chance of preventing outside.  Was at Arena gig for Radiohead and I thought the same.  Due to the increased security checks the lines to get in were pretty long and i thought any old Abdul could walk up and blow us up.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Locker at the train station?

I’m laughing at all these silly suggestions what do I do with my bag of overnight stay etc good suggestion above. I also thought of the possibility most hotels would allow you to store your luggage even if you’ve past your check out time. I’ve been to a few that allow because let’s face it just because you’ve had to check out doesn’t mean you can’t travel round the city or football in this instance etc and you don’t wanna be carrying luggage about so hotels generally let you leave them and collect later am i wrong ?? Haha honestly for a couple hour football game peoples priorities need to be sorted it can mean difference between life or death (if there was a terrorist attempt) 

8 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

So what do you do if you buy anything from the club shop before the game and they put it in a bag?

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION OF THE DAY!

Really cmon them bags are thin and easy to well you know SEARCH!! That’s all they’ll do with them have a quick look. Use common sense guys 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

We strongly encourage supporters to refrain from bringing all types of bags to the game unless absolutely necessary.

So those fans who DIDNT READ this line I believe unless necessary may cover nappie bags or shop merchandise bags or I dunno incompetent bags end of day unless not drastically needed don’t bring them in order to keep searching time at a minimum otherwise those with one will be searched and that’s that. It’s not difficult cmon really are there really people that stupid

Edited by Lomas613