BREAKING NEWS - Massive changes to what you can take into the matches!

Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday are committed to improving supporter safety before, during and after games at Hillsborough.

As part of this strategy and to expedite entry into the stadium, from 1 December we will begin to limit the size and types of bags that can be brought into Hillsborough.

The safety operation team at Sheffield Wednesday have recommended the implementation of this measure to enhance safety and simplify the process of fans gaining access to all parts of the stadium.

We strongly encourage supporters to refrain from bringing all types of bags to the game unless absolutely necessary.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks and luggage of any kind.

Computer and camera bags are permitted only if a search is carried out prior to entry. There will be no change related to items such as smart phones and binoculars.

Supporters will continue to enjoy the matchday experience with these small changes, safe in the knowledge that entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster.

Every member of the public visiting Hillsborough should do so in a safe and secure environment and public safety remains our top priority at all times.

These revised measures will make the task of checking items upon entry more efficient and effective to all who visit as we look to maximise the experience of both home and away supporters.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest BULGARIA
2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So if you want to stay overnight before the game, and check out of your hotel on the Saturday morning, what are you supposed to do with your bag/backpack?

I really dont think clubs will care one bit.

Went to a college football game In the US a couple of weeks ago and the same rules applied there. 

You were allowed larger than clutch bags if they were transparent, and lots of women had them so they must be used to it. 

Just the world we’re in now :sad:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's two warnings in a week

There are so many security measures coming out of Sheffield Wednesday at the moment it's like there's been some kind of threat

Very worrying

Its so tragic.

Lets be brutally honest, a footie match is one of the softest, most devastating, and high-profile terrorist targets there is.

The club get my total support. I wouldnt want it any other way. 

6 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

I really dont think clubs will care one bit.

The sniffer dogs at Fulham didn't care about my bag of dirty pants. If anything they avoided me.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Its so tragic.

Lets be brutally honest, a footie match is one of the softest, most devastating, and high-profile terrorist targets there is.

The club get my total support. I wouldnt want it any other way. 

Yet other than the attacks in Paris, one of which took place outside the stadium whilst the game was on, there hasn't ever been a terrorist attack at a match, that I'm aware of. So easy to attack, but fortunately the terrorists are a bit thick and haven't thought of this.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

The sniffer dogs at Fulham didn't care about my bag of dirty pants. If anything they avoided me.

Yet other than the attacks in Paris, one of which took place outside the stadium whilst the game was on, there hasn't ever been a terrorist attack at a match, that I'm aware of. So easy to attack, but fortunately the terrorists are a bit thick and haven't thought of this.

Wouldnt tempt fate mate. 

On a lighter note....in the 80s I went to Highfield Rd (rubbish 1-0 defeat). I'd been helping a mate hay-bail that morning and still had a few lengths of string in my pockets. The police were searching every fan in those days, and they were not happy and took the hay-covered string off me. 

To this day Im not quite sure what they thought I was going to do with the string. I imagined a conversation...

Ambitious PC - "Sarge, Sarge, I took some string off that Wednesday fan. Strangulation weapon."

Seargent - " Well done son. Can you now go and collect those 3000 blue and white scarf-things they seem to have snook in".

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Oliver said:

Went to a college football game In the US a couple of weeks ago and the same rules applied there. 

You were allowed larger than clutch bags if they were transparent, and lots of women had them so they must be used to it. 

Just the world we’re in now :sad:

Same rules for NFL games.

At NFL and MLB games you also have to walk through airport style metal detectors.

But not so at the college games I've gone to this season.  So while your bag has to be small and see through, you can still take concealed weapons under your coat without being stopped.  

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest Kameron

I'd be more concerned with some nutter steaming up Penistone road in a lorry or any vehicle for that matter, they'd take out hundreds if they timed it right.

Just now, Kameron said:

I'd be more concerned with some nutter steaming up Penistone road in a lorry or any vehicle for that matter, they'd take out hundreds if they timed it right.

Lucklily they wouldn't get far on the pavement 'cos of all the SUVs parked right across the pedestrian pathway every matchday WTF: