Reading away

24 minutes ago, torres said:

One of the worst - we still take good numbers though

I always think how good must it be for some of these clubs fans to come to Sheffield on an away day 

it must be a nightmare for them .....miles from the station , no safe away pubs near the ground , no parking anywhere around the ground unless you arrive 2 hours before , a dilapidated stand with bloody great pillars dotted around it .....and to cap it all they'll probably lose . 

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it must be a nightmare for them .....miles from the station , no safe away pubs near the ground , no parking anywhere around the ground unless you arrive 2 hours before , a dilapidated stand with bloody great pillars dotted around it .....and to cap it all they'll probably lose . 

Give over!

I mean a proper away day not sausage rolls and a read of the programme before kick off.

6 hours ago, Owls1985 said:

Got tickets for reading away for the first time.

Anyone advise of the best way to get there etc.

Anyone been on the coach? Was thinking of getting the coach.

Or would travelling in the car be best?

Cheers

Car is a right pain the best way would be M1 - J21, M69 onto A46/A429, M40 to J10 - A34 Interchange, A34 to M4 then go eastbound and you will pick up the signs for the Madjeski.

About 3 hours all up.

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Car is a right pain the best way would be M1 - J21, M69 onto A46/A429, M40 to J10 - A34 Interchange, A34 to M4 then go eastbound and you will pick up the signs for the Madjeski.

About 3 hours all up.

The slightly better way is getting off the M40 around High Wycombe and taking the A404 and A404M to the M4.

9 hours ago, torres said:

One of the worst - we still take good numbers though

I always think how good must it be for some of these clubs fans to come to Sheffield on an away day 

Why do you say that?  I've been to Elm Park on the train and driven to Madjeski.  Had a good time at both. Reading has a nice small city feel to it. 

Can't see how Sheffield is a good day out for an away game.  Unless they win.  They can't even see the scoreboard or fetch a rucksack in.  

1 minute ago, richowl said:

I won't know till Thursday/Friday next week if I can make it....

reckon we'll have some left? Maybe some for POTG if needed?

We should have some left, although a convincing victory tomorrow and another at Ipswich should spark some more interest.

Always been POTG there from memory but think it’s a significant price hike.

Only took 2,300 last year and the fixture was only 2 weeks later than this year.