Wednesday podcasts

I only ever listened to Wednesday Week once. Within the first minute one of them actually said that he was glad Wednesday had lost (this was just after we got knocked out of the FA Cup by Shrewsbury)  so I switched it off in disgust and never bothered with it again. 

• Thanks 1

I've listened to the Wednesday Week for the last three or four years without missing an episode

So they must be doing summat right   :biggrin:

Although entertainment-wise, recent results play a big part

Things can get a bit whiney and (sorry to say this) I'm not a huge fan of Fudge - he can be mildly amusing one minute and totally irritating the next  WTF:

I've listened to the Owlstalk podcast on maybe two or three occasions

These are generally funnier/more entertaining but can also be a bit 'esoteric'

Sort of like overhearing someone else's conversation

But for me, Owls Americast takes first prize and I'd strongly recommend it to Wednesday fans everywhere

It's well-balanced, well put together and although there's an obvious ex-pat input it's the manner in which those fans from across the pond have embraced 'Wednesdayism' that does it for me

I'm left in no doubt that I'm listening to real fans who need to put themselves out more than most in order to get their regular Wednesday fix - love it!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

When you say style....you're not doing the whole show in your Morgan Freeman voice? 

Morgan Freeman, Mick Jagger - utterly atrocious and definitely provided the highlights of the last episode I listened to

They ought to forget the rest of it and spend an hour or so each week reading through a bunch of Owlstalk threads whilst 'impersonating' well-known celebrities

Kind of audio Braille for the mentally challenged   :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Morgan Freeman, Mick Jagger - utterly atrocious and definitely provided the highlights of the last episode I listened to

They ought to forget the rest of it and spend an hour or so each week reading through a bunch of Owlstalk threads whilst 'impersonating' well-known celebrities

Kind of audio Braille for the mentally challenged   :rolleyes:

I couldn't handle the voices. Had to turn off.