Jump to content
@owlstalk

Sheffield Wednesday fan banned for life for racism

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Eightace said:

People shouldn't be saying these words, especially at a football match.

It isn't like saying Brit.

Saying that, I can't help but think it is name calling and does name calling deserve a life ban? It wasn't even directed at someone of that origin for the purpose of harrassing or intimidating.

Racism is bad, we know that. But has nobody ever committed a worse sin than singing that song?

Obviously the fan was wrong but maybe didn't know it was That wrong.

Ban yes but for life, I'm not convinced.

I say this as someone with a lot of Muslim friends. If that counts for owt.

 

 

Given that there's an absolute lack of contrition in his response, I'd say that his main aim is trying his best to get away with it. I am not upset about not having to share seating space with him.

 

The thing is, we're not talking in absolutes here; x being wrong but y being more wrong does not mean x is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Anyone sticking up for this absolute moron should be embarrassed. 

 

Most people are able to attend football matches without racially abusing someone. 

 

Never ceases to amaze me on here the amount of times we will get a minority of disgruntled white men seemingly upset at the fact that a racist, ignorant moron has been correctly punished

Don't see many sticking up for him

simply questioning how he gets a life ban and such as John Terry gets virtually bugger all.

There ought to be a mandatory sentence for all

Thats fair isn't it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he had sang 'id rather be a muslim, than a blade' he would have not been charged.

By the way I'm not racist, I've got a colour Tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a lighter note will any of us involved in this emotive issue be actually going to the game on Saturday - or will we still be arguing on OT....FFS:baby:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wednesday Fan said:

On a lighter note will any of us involved in this emotive issue be actually going to the game on Saturday - or will we still be arguing on OT....FFS:baby:

OY!...................... careful..............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Anyone sticking up for this absolute moron should be embarrassed. 

 

Most people are able to attend football matches without racially abusing someone. 

 

Never ceases to amaze me on here the amount of times we will get a minority of disgruntled white men seemingly upset at the fact that a racist, ignorant moron has been correctly punished



THIS


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to watching this, only to realise he used to come and sit in front of us. I wondered why he hadn't been for a while. He's obnoxious; it couldn't have happened to a nicer Bloke! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

 These are words orginally derived to be offensive to races as the N word or others etc ..

 

 

This isn't true at all, at least not for Paki, have no idea really about the origins of *****.

 

When I was at school in the sixties & seventies the term Paki was used all the time in a not abusive kind of way, plenty of kids at my school were from Pakistan origin, they used the term themselves, nobody gave a poo about it until politics deemed otherwise, then all of a sudden it's racist EVERY time it's used.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eguin said:

If he had sang 'id rather be a muslim, than a blade' he would have not been charged.

 

 

Give it time pal, give it time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2017 at 17:07, S36 OWL said:

 

Nailed on he is one of the Neanderthals who sit on the end of the north pointing and grunting at the away fans .  

The only part of Hillsborough that makes any noise

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Eightace said:

I say this as someone with a lot of Muslim friends. If that counts for owt.

 

 

It counts for nothing in context of what this thread is about.

 

What difference should it make how many friends of a different race/religion anyone has if they're not racist, it doesn't even make a difference if they are racist, it's possible to be a racist & have friends of ethnicity........also & this is true, when I lived on the Totley Brook council estate our next door neighbour used to say things like "I can't stand ****'* but lad in't shop up t'roads o'reyt, he sells good pies".....wtf.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because if I have good Muslim friends and was brought up with Pakistanis then I'm likely to be angry about people hating on them like you would your friends. 

But like I said, if it counts for owt and it might not do then.

But Im still not sure a life ban was the right thing.

Not that I know this bloke and he may well have been a complete bobber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can we be racist when are all the same race?  The human race. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Watson said:

How can we be racist when are all the same race?  The human race. 

 

I'm suddenly having flashbacks to a Doncaster sixth form poetry slam circa 2002. Shudder.

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you commit to singing songs you know people will find offensive you can't really complain when you end up arrested & banned from football, I'm sorry to say Stephen.

 

However I bet this guy is a normal decent bloke (most of the time!), he's done something he regrets when had a few sherbets (who hasn't?!), abusing a fellow Wednesdayite for doing something stupid is not something I'm comfortable with personally, some very cringey comments on here!

 

Are we all so perfect that it makes us feel better to verbally abuse a bloke we have never met? Have we ever made a mistake before? I wish he'd had a meeting with the club, that bit disappointed me, they offered an olive branch I feel which is good of the club.

 

I never knew we had such a perfect fanbase, if you make a mistake you should be rehabilitated not abused from strangers.

 

Some of you should be ashamed, what happened to 2nd chances? Do we just not bother anymore? 1 strike you're out, not exactly a society I'd want to be apart of. - but that's another story.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s the one that’s done something wrong. Why are people banging on about everyone else and how they must have done things wrong. If they’ve done things wrong then they should be punished, but it seems like the vast majority actually haven’t been caught singing racist songs. The mans a moron and I’ll happily call him that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you’re only allowed to judge someone’s actions if you’ve never done anything wrong yourself?!

 

What a load of nonsense. It has nothing to do with getting on a high horse. You don’t need to be high and mighty to know that being racially abusive is wrong.

 

The guys acted like a pratt and got his comeuppance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

If you commit to singing songs you know people will find offensive you can't really complain when you end up arrested & banned from football, I'm sorry to say Stephen.

 

However I bet this guy is a normal decent bloke (most of the time!), he's done something he regrets when had a few sherbets (who hasn't?!), abusing a fellow Wednesdayite for doing something stupid is not something I'm comfortable with personally, some very cringey comments on here!

 

Are we all so perfect that it makes us feel better to verbally abuse a bloke we have never met? Have we ever made a mistake before? I wish he'd had a meeting with the club, that bit disappointed me, they offered an olive branch I feel which is good of the club.

 

I never knew we had such a perfect fanbase, if you make a mistake you should be rehabilitated not abused from strangers.

 

Some of you should be ashamed, what happened to 2nd chances? Do we just not bother anymore? 1 strike you're out, not exactly a society I'd want to be apart of. - but that's another story.

 

People in general love to see another person fail or do wrong as it makes them feel better about themselves. That’s the reason people jump on the slating bandwagon and pat each other on the back, it makes them feel good.

When in reality as society we should be wanting to help rehabilitate and give second chances to those who have done wrong. But instead they’ve done wrong and we just cast them into oblivion without even attempting to help re-educate... which is why you see a lot of re-offending in general. 

Edited by robowl4life
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He’s the one that’s done something wrong. Why are people banging on about everyone else and how they must have done things wrong.

 

Yes he has dome something wrong, it was a stupid thing to do and he's now facing the consequences for his actions

 

My point is, I bet there a lot who are abusing Stephen that have done stuff they regret but were lucky enough it wasn't on camera and nobody reported it.

 

I know I've done some stuff watching Wednesday that I'm not proud of

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet he's not a decent bloke :/

 

What a strange assumption to make based upon the evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...