Sheffield Wednesday fan banned for life for racism

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Anyone sticking up for this absolute moron should be embarrassed. 

Most people are able to attend football matches without racially abusing someone. 

Never ceases to amaze me on here the amount of times we will get a minority of disgruntled white men seemingly upset at the fact that a racist, ignorant moron has been correctly punished

Don't see many sticking up for him

simply questioning how he gets a life ban and such as John Terry gets virtually bugger all.

There ought to be a mandatory sentence for all

Thats fair isn't it?

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Anyone sticking up for this absolute moron should be embarrassed. 

Most people are able to attend football matches without racially abusing someone. 

Never ceases to amaze me on here the amount of times we will get a minority of disgruntled white men seemingly upset at the fact that a racist, ignorant moron has been correctly punished

THIS

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

These are words orginally derived to be offensive to races as the N word or others etc ..

This isn't true at all, at least not for Paki, have no idea really about the origins of *****.

When I was at school in the sixties & seventies the term Paki was used all the time in a not abusive kind of way, plenty of kids at my school were from Pakistan origin, they used the term themselves, nobody gave a poo about it until politics deemed otherwise, then all of a sudden it's racist EVERY time it's used.

16 hours ago, Eightace said:

I say this as someone with a lot of Muslim friends. If that counts for owt.

It counts for nothing in context of what this thread is about.

What difference should it make how many friends of a different race/religion anyone has if they're not racist, it doesn't even make a difference if they are racist, it's possible to be a racist & have friends of ethnicity........also & this is true, when I lived on the Totley Brook council estate our next door neighbour used to say things like "I can't stand ****'* but lad in't shop up t'roads o'reyt, he sells good pies".....wtf.

Because if I have good Muslim friends and was brought up with Pakistanis then I'm likely to be angry about people hating on them like you would your friends. 

But like I said, if it counts for owt and it might not do then.

But Im still not sure a life ban was the right thing.

Not that I know this bloke and he may well have been a complete bobber.

If you commit to singing songs you know people will find offensive you can't really complain when you end up arrested & banned from football, I'm sorry to say Stephen.

However I bet this guy is a normal decent bloke (most of the time!), he's done something he regrets when had a few sherbets (who hasn't?!), abusing a fellow Wednesdayite for doing something stupid is not something I'm comfortable with personally, some very cringey comments on here!

Are we all so perfect that it makes us feel better to verbally abuse a bloke we have never met? Have we ever made a mistake before? I wish he'd had a meeting with the club, that bit disappointed me, they offered an olive branch I feel which is good of the club.

I never knew we had such a perfect fanbase, if you make a mistake you should be rehabilitated not abused from strangers.

Some of you should be ashamed, what happened to 2nd chances? Do we just not bother anymore? 1 strike you're out, not exactly a society I'd want to be apart of. - but that's another story.

He’s the one that’s done something wrong. Why are people banging on about everyone else and how they must have done things wrong. If they’ve done things wrong then they should be punished, but it seems like the vast majority actually haven’t been caught singing racist songs. The mans a moron and I’ll happily call him that.

So you’re only allowed to judge someone’s actions if you’ve never done anything wrong yourself?!

What a load of nonsense. It has nothing to do with getting on a high horse. You don’t need to be high and mighty to know that being racially abusive is wrong.

The guys acted like a pratt and got his comeuppance. 

15 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

If you commit to singing songs you know people will find offensive you can't really complain when you end up arrested & banned from football, I'm sorry to say Stephen.

However I bet this guy is a normal decent bloke (most of the time!), he's done something he regrets when had a few sherbets (who hasn't?!), abusing a fellow Wednesdayite for doing something stupid is not something I'm comfortable with personally, some very cringey comments on here!

Are we all so perfect that it makes us feel better to verbally abuse a bloke we have never met? Have we ever made a mistake before? I wish he'd had a meeting with the club, that bit disappointed me, they offered an olive branch I feel which is good of the club.

I never knew we had such a perfect fanbase, if you make a mistake you should be rehabilitated not abused from strangers.

Some of you should be ashamed, what happened to 2nd chances? Do we just not bother anymore? 1 strike you're out, not exactly a society I'd want to be apart of. - but that's another story.

People in general love to see another person fail or do wrong as it makes them feel better about themselves. That’s the reason people jump on the slating bandwagon and pat each other on the back, it makes them feel good.

When in reality as society we should be wanting to help rehabilitate and give second chances to those who have done wrong. But instead they’ve done wrong and we just cast them into oblivion without even attempting to help re-educate... which is why you see a lot of re-offending in general. 

Edited by robowl4life

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He’s the one that’s done something wrong. Why are people banging on about everyone else and how they must have done things wrong.

Yes he has dome something wrong, it was a stupid thing to do and he's now facing the consequences for his actions

My point is, I bet there a lot who are abusing Stephen that have done stuff they regret but were lucky enough it wasn't on camera and nobody reported it.

I know I've done some stuff watching Wednesday that I'm not proud of

2 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

People in general love to see another person fail or do wrong as it makes them feel better about themselves. That’s the reason people jump on the slating bandwagon and pat each other on the back, it makes them feel good.

When in reality as society we should be wanting to help rehabilitate and give second chances to those who have done wrong. But instead they’ve done wrong and we just cast them into oblivion without even attempting to help re-educate... which is why you see a lot of re-offending in general. 

Hi mate. This is exactly it & was the point I was trying to make.