Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

13 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

If it's about the money, given the lack of experience, then proving his capabilities on loan would be the way to show your value...if you really wanted to stay at the club you love and support. 

I don't care who they are, if they really don't want to stay...get rid. Playing regular football is what a footballer should want to do, not be playing 'contract games' before they've even show their capabilities at a senior level. Sign the contract and fight for your place by showing what you are capable of. If the big boys come knocking a contract means nothing anyway. 

Don’t forget that his dad didn’t get his move to Manchester United, and instead got crocked and retired early. Maybe he wants his son to have every chance of hitting the big time 

46 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I don't buy this BS from Carlos that it is out of his orbit and he can't get involved in contractual stuff.

He's the manager FFS. Surely he has some influence. 

He's probably a yes man, one of the main reasons he's still here imo. 

Edited by Almat

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Him and about another 300,if take bits from each one though I reckon we`ll get to the truth lol

I can only recall him and Kivo on this matter. Both very annoyed with the club and both left the site! Both massive Owls fans so it does make you wonder.

Just now, Stoop said:

Don’t forget that his dad didn’t get his move to Manchester United, and instead got crocked and retired early. Maybe he wants his son to have every chance of hitting the big time 

I think it's probably even simpler than that - he wants his son to secure his financial future THEN try and hit the big time. Something as a father i totally agree with. 

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Geoffrey said:

I can only recall him and Kivo on this matter. Both very annoyed with the club and both left the site! Both massive Owls fans so it does make you wonder.

Like I say mate all rumour and conjecture,even if it`s come from the `horse`s mouth` it`s only half the story,but like I said it all boils down to money,always does.

Just now, Almat said:

I think it's probably even simpler than that - he wants his son to secure his financial future THEN try and hit the big time. Something as a father i totally agree with. 

Agreed I’d do exactly the same thing

What would he get at s club like Man City? 10k a week?

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Like I say mate all rumour and conjecture,even if it`s come from the `horse`s mouth` it`s only half the story,but like I said it all boils down to money,always does.

So you're adding more rumour and conjecture.

The "horse's mouth" perhaps has a little more credibility and a national newspaper is adding to that.

11 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Have you discounted

3. talks with chairman Dejphon Chansiri stalled upon a disagreement about where he might spend this season. ???

I doubt that’s the case, a deal with Rotherham was said to have been agreed, Hirst and his dad were even seen in the stand at a Rotherham pre season game 

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I doubt that’s the case, a deal with Rotherham was said to have been agreed, Hirst and his dad were even seen in the stand at a Rotherham pre season game 

It wasn't a pre-season game they were playing Man City U21s. Our academy manager Dean Ramsdale left in the summer to go to Man City.

I love how people are discounting something they don't like by adding another rumour.

The quote in the paper is " talks with chairman Dejphon Chansiri stalled upon a disagreement about where he might spend this season. "

DC loves answering fans questions. Let him clear this up.

9 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Agreed I’d do exactly the same thing

What would he get at s club like Man City? 10k a week?

Very probably double that, especially as he won't have cost them anything like he would had they bought him whilst still in contract. And no I haven't forgotten the inevitable tribunal, but that's not going to value GH at anything like his probable true worth...

Just now, Geoffrey said:

It wasn't a pre-season game they were playing Man City U21s. Our academy manager Dean Ramsdale left in the summer to go to Man City.

I love how people are discounting something they don't like by adding another rumour.

The quote in the paper is " talks with chairman Dejphon Chansiri stalled upon a disagreement about where he might spend this season. "

DC loves answering fans questions. Let him clear this up.

I’m just playing devils advocate, I don’t have an agenda.

Remember there’s 2 sides to every story

Just because DC has pumped millions into the club doesn’t mean we have to side with his version of events with everything

Increasingly bored by this saga.

Bottom line, he’s potentially (and that’s the best you can get in football) got a bright future here if he wants it and is willing to wait slightly longer. If he isn’t or doesn’t, that’s his call, and fair enough.

One thing I’m very unclear on, though, is the loan situation, which I’ve never heard anything much about - is the reference to ‘a disagreement with Chansiri about where he would spend the season’ basically saying he was offered loans this year but turned them down?

Edited by Mr. Tom

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

So you're adding more rumour and conjecture.

The "horse's mouth" perhaps has a little more credibility and a national newspaper is adding to that.

‘What IF’it’s not the truth then it has no more credibility has it.

Taking your ‘angst’ out on me wil notl get you any nearer the truth, but if it helps then I’m cool with that lol

49 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's the daily mail ffs!.

They haven't got any Immigrants to pick on, or Jeremy Corbyn.

Jeremy Corbyn deserves picking on