Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

We had no issues with paying Lewis Mcgugan 18k a week to play table tennis.

Claude Dielna earnt thousands flexing in the mirror.

Urby was on big bucks for a season of sporadically playing for the U23's.

Yet we can't agree a deal with our best prospect in donkeys years. 

If the rumours are true (which I very much doubt), it's not so much about the money it's more about having a first team place. Agents picking the team no less, just what we need. 

If it's about the money, given the lack of experience, then proving his capabilities on loan would be the way to show your value...if you really wanted to stay at the club you love and support. 

I don't care who they are, if they really don't want to stay...get rid. Playing regular football is what a footballer should want to do, not be playing 'contract games' before they've even show their capabilities at a senior level. Sign the contract and fight for your place by showing what you are capable of. If the big boys come knocking a contract means nothing anyway. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The bit about United makes me laugh.

No denying the fact that they’ve produced a lot of talent in recent times...but every single one has been snapped up by a Premier League club and Brooks will eventually move on too. 

Yup, made the same statement myself in another thread. As soon as their promotion pushing has ended, and they’re amongst the also rans again, they’ll cash in, and for big bucks, Brookes will become a Premiership reserve player.

15 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

We had no issues with paying Lewis Mcgugan 18k a week to play table tennis.

Claude Dielna earnt thousands flexing in the mirror.

Urby was on big bucks for a season of sporadically playing for the U23's.

Yet we can't agree a deal with our best prospect in donkeys years. 

^THIS ^THIS ^ THIS ^

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

The main man has left! He was insistent that the dispute wasn't about money and this article does suggest another reason.

Can I put you in the ITK group? lol

We really don’t know the full story here, but I can only see 2 scenarios 

1. He has had his head turned by the riches of the premier league and wants out, but the club won’t be held to ransom 

2. He is desperate for a shot at the first team but CC won’t pick him so he won’t sign a contract

Either way it’s a real shame that he’s now certain to be off next year

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We really don’t know the full story here, but I can only see 2 scenarios 

1. He has had his head turned by the riches of the premier league and wants out, but the club won’t be held to ransom 

2. He is desperate for a shot at the first team but CC won’t pick him so he won’t sign a contract

Either way it’s a real shame that he’s now certain to be off next year

Have you discounted

3. talks with chairman Dejphon Chansiri stalled upon a disagreement about where he might spend this season. ???

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Geoffrey said:

I'm afraid not. I did respect Grandad's opinion and he had very strong feelings about this matter.

Him and about another 300,if take bits from each one though I reckon we`ll get to the truth lol

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Have you discounted

3. talks with chairman Dejphon Chansiri stalled upon a disagreement about where he might spend this season. ???

4. All rumour and conjecture.