Bristol City

Far be it for me to bring the current season into the equasion, but this would be a very good scalp to hang from our belt, followed by Ipswich and Reading, could we get 7 points from these 3 games? I doubt that even 9 would elevate us to the top 6, but we would in poll position to mount a promotion challenge.

I’m sick and tired of all the moaning and negativity, foolish I know, but thought it worth a try.

:manager:

Edited by optimisticowl

Amazed that Bristol are doing as well as they are, they nearly went down last season even with 20 goal Tammy Abraham, thought they were certs to drop without him.

Despite all the crap we've endured this season if we can beat them we'd only be 4 points off 4th place.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If Carlos has any meat behind his promotion promise, then 7 points should be expected from 3 average teams in this division.

probably wolves apart there all average in this division , no idea what the lowest points needed to make the play offs is  but could well be beaten this season .

11 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Far be it for me to bring the current season into the equasion, but this would be a very good scalp to hang from our belt, followed by Ipswich and Reading, could we get 7 points from these 3 games? I doubt that even 9 would elevate us to the top 6, but we would in poll position to mount a promotion challenge.

I’m sick and tired of all the moaning and negativity, foolish I know, but thought it worth a try.

I think what really jumps out at me about these next three fixtures is that Wednesday have nothing to fear going into them.

None of them are against long-established top six contenders, yet none of them are necessarily fixtures you'd be furious not to come away with three points from. None of them are particularly bogey teams for us, and all of them play styles of football we can compete with if we're on our game. We're coming off the back of arguably our best performance of the season, with every reason to feel positive about the way our squad is fiiiiiiinally (maybe?) starting to settle and click a bit. Rhodes and Butterfield looking good, Loovens back and behaving himself, Westwood going absolutely mental about not keeping a clean sheet at Villa. Nice!

Three very winnable fixtures with the wind at our backs - on-form Bristol will be a tester for sure, but they don't seem to love it at S6 and I think if we come away with 3pts there then we'll end up with 9. If we don't, anyone's guess.

Positivity is most certainly warranted, though.

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If Carlos has any meat behind his promotion promise, then 7 points should be expected from 3 average teams in this division.

How can you call a team that sits in 4th in the table after a third of the season average!!! 

Its mindsets like this that mean the club will NEVER win with some of you. 

My opinion is that Bristol will give us a good test but I dont fear anyone in this league. 7 points would be a fantastic return from these 3 tricky fixtures. Any fixture away from home is a tricky one in any league. But we have a bit catching up to do so we've added a bit of pressure on ourselves to go to historically tough places for us and to pick up a win or 2. Ipswich and Reading have never been good stomping grounds for us. 

• Thanks 1

They are a well organised team who play with purpose. I think it is a must win game as they are type of team which need to be pegged back. Reading have just hit form with back to back wins and we do not have best record against them. Until last year we always struggled against McCarthy sides, so think next 3 are tough games and a good return of points would be excellent achievement.

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

How can you call a team that sits in 4th in the table after a third of the season average!!! 

Its mindsets like this that mean the club will NEVER win with some of you. 

My opinion is that Bristol will give us a good test but I dont fear anyone in this league. 7 points would be a fantastic return from these 3 tricky fixtures. Any fixture away from home is a tricky one in any league. But we have a bit catching up to do so we've added a bit of pressure on ourselves to go to historically tough places for us and to pick up a win or 2. Ipswich and Reading have never been good stomping grounds for us. 

fully agree with this, made similar comments one minute later.

29 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Could get 9 points...

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Its mindsets like this that mean the club will NEVER win with some of you

that's what he does...it's not even subtle...and yet you respond to him  lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quist said:

They are a well organised team who play with purpose. I think it is a must win game as they are type of team which need to be pegged back. Reading have just hit form with back to back wins and we do not have best record against them. Until last year we always struggled against McCarthy sides, so think next 3 are tough games and a good return of points would be excellent achievement.

I think we’ll do Reading. No Al Habsi in goal for them this year.