Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

 

Easy, cause our arrogant meglomaniac Chairman doesn't like stripes & has abused our 150 anniversary ; used it as an excuse to continue last seasons all blue bodied kit.

 

This seasons kit has feck all to do with our 150.

 

It's the same as the one we had for our 100th.  At least the internet wasn't around then to moan about it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

 

It's the same as the one we had for our 100th.  At least the internet wasn't around then to moan about it though.

 

Or more to do with Chansiri not liking stripes. What was last seasons near all blue kit referencing?

Edited by zzmdu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

 

Or more to do with Chansiri not liking stripes. What was last seasons near all blue kit referencing?

 

It had stripes like your willy.  Tiny ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

It’s €190 though. Imagine the meltdown if we charged £150 for it

 

Give Chansiri time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

well we wore it for our centenary so it's got a tenuous connection there ...we didn't wear  stripes when we were founded so that wouldn't have had a connection of any sort .i'd think the only kit we could have worn was the one we wore for our 1st game but there seems to some doubt what that was .........

 

Would have have been a treat to see the players running put in blue caps though!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how people are saying that wearing stripes wouldn't have anything to do with the anniversary.

 

Completely forgetting the fact that Juve started out in pink shirts before they adopted the stripes. If they can do then so should we.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

We should have had hoops really.

 

We have, we bought him from Norwich. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Because Mr Chansiri doesn’t like stripes, that’s why .

Who the roger gives a bobbar what he likes?  

 

Yes, he may own the club, but he's also a steward of the club tradition, history and support.

 

Why not turn something like this over to a fan vote?

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of this years shirt is okay , it’s just the tacky was it out together and that god awful elev8 rubbish . Oh and the price , bit that’s a different story 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Socialist_Owl said:

Who the roger gives a bobbar what he likes?  

 

Yes, he may own the club, but he's also a steward of the club tradition, history and support.

 

Why not turn something like this over to a fan vote?

What like Democratically? 

FFS ..

lolSounds like a plan !!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

But has stripes on the away kit.

That’s only because he is a massive IKEA fan .

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks similar to west brom in sixties.

They 'haven't got it so right' by the way.  Its in Spanish, which I speak, not Italian.

It says 'how pretty is this retro Juve shirt'. At the end it says 'what's retro is for today'.  'Retro is in fashion', is what we might say in English.  

 

The 3 stars are European cup wins of course. Forest have two on their shirts.  

Pretty sure they are just old photos.  

 

I'd sooner we wear West Brom kit than Ipswich kit. 

But I've a better idea.  Why not just wear traditional sheff wed kit?  Plain blue backs if Chairman Dej doesn't like stripes.  He can wear his back to front.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

 

It's the same as the one we had for our 100th.  At least the internet wasn't around then to moan about it though.

 

No, but I blooming was.  I hated it then. Hate it now.  

Our 100th was a disaster too.  No big game that I can remember.  The 100 year history book never happened.  Just a little handbook instead.   Eric Taylors plan to let everyone in free for one home game was vetoed by the FA because Fulham objected.  In those days the away club took 10% of the gate.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change the black to blue, stick the simple owl logo on it and that becomes the best selling wednesday shirt ever. So flipping easy it's a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Looks similar to west brom in sixties.

They 'haven't got it so right' by the way.  Its in Spanish, which I speak, not Italian.

It says 'how pretty is this retro Juve shirt'. At the end it says 'what's retro is for today'.  'Retro is in fashion', is what we might say in English.  

 

The 3 stars are European cup wins of course. Forest have two on their shirts.  

Pretty sure they are just old photos.  

 

I'd sooner we wear West Brom kit than Ipswich kit. 

But I've a better idea.  Why not just wear traditional sheff wed kit?  Plain blue backs if Chairman Dej doesn't like stripes.  He can wear his back to front.  

3 stars are for their series a wins, one for every 10. They've only won 2 European cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...