Anniversary kit

21 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Not sure why Juventus are wearing this kit but they have got it so so right. Why couldn't we have had similar in blue and white. Ifs, buts and maybes. 

Easy, cause our arrogant meglomaniac Chairman doesn't like stripes & has abused our 150 anniversary ; used it as an excuse to continue last seasons all blue bodied kit.

This seasons kit has feck all to do with our 150.

Edited by zzmdu
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Not sure why Juventus are wearing this kit but they have got it so so right. Why couldn't we have had similar in blue and white. Ifs, buts and maybes. 

Because Mr Chansiri doesn’t like stripes, that’s why .

22 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Easy, cause our arrogant meglomaniac Chairman doesn't like stripes & has abused our 150 anniversary ; used it as an excuse to continue last seasons all blue bodied kit.

Blue and white stripes wouldn't have either as we didn't start out in them. 

21 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Yes but we have had blue and white stripes for about 95% of our exsistance until Chansiri took over.

See blue and white stripes as part of our identity. Current kit just doesnt feel like Sheffield Wednesday to me.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Yep you're right we started with blue & white hoops, then blue & white halves, until we settled on blue & white stripes. It was some year in the 1880s.

Since you so up on our kit history, can you tell us the exact year in the 1880s, that we settled on blue & white stripes?

14 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yep you're right we started with blue & white hoops, then blue & white halves, until we settled on blue & white stripes. It was some year in the 1880s.

Since you so up on our kit history, can you tell us the exact year in the 1880s, that we settled on blue & white stripes?

Obviously no idea, I'm no smart ass. 

I started going to games in late 60s, kit we've got now is one of my favorites. 

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Obviously no idea, I'm no smart ass. 

I started going to games in late 60s, kit we've got now is one of my favorites. 

No exact date, but thought to be c 1889. But prior to that it was blue & white horizontal stripes!

We went with blue & white stripes before 80% of todays Premier/Football League teams were formed. Apart from those 7 years and now.

Edited by zzmdu

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

well we wore it for our centenary so it's got a tenuous connection there ...we didn't wear  stripes when we were founded so that wouldn't have had a connection of any sort .i'd think the only kit we could have worn was the one we wore for our 1st game but there seems to some doubt what that was .........