This league

It looks like that type of season where everybody beats everybody and consistency will be the key.

Praise from Bruce today shows we're not far away from being a top side.

'You have to say, they were two wonderful goals.

They were both different - one from 30 yards which is smashed into the top corner, and the other a good move by them.

We found it difficult against a good team, who then sat in behind us when 2-0 up.'

This must gives us confidence to become more consistent going forward (literally!).

Bruce is someone who many fans on here were calling for to replace Carlos so we should take his opinion seriously.

1 minute ago, wilfsmith said:

It looks like that type of season where everybody beats everybody and consistency will be the key.

Praise from Bruce today shows we're not far away from being a top side.

'You have to say, they were two wonderful goals.

They were both different - one from 30 yards which is smashed into the top corner, and the other a good move by them.

We found it difficult against a good team, who then sat in behind us when 2-0 up.'

This must gives us confidence to become more consistent going forward (literally!).

Bruce is someone who many fans on here were calling for to replace Carlos so we should take his opinion seriously.

Brucie always speaks well of Wednesday.

When he played we were a top side, and he had some rough afternoons tussling with Hirst.

When old lead belly bodychecked you it must have been like being hit with a bag of cement.

Brucie.png

I think much of our recent frustrations come from the fact that we know our players are good enough to finish top two this season.

We've wasted the first quarter of the season with slow starts - seems that the team have got over that now.

36 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

We desperately need some consistency now to stop wolves and blades pulling away. 

Its pretty obvious now they are serious contenders and won't be dropping too many points. 

Both Wolves and the Blades are showing the kind of form that gets you promotion.

I think Wolves may drop off during the winter months given the type of players they have and generally rely on.

As for United I think the reality of being at the top end of the table will cause them to be up and down. They seemed to struggle with being the Top Dogs when they went to QPR and then Forest go and turn QPR over 4-0 today. Leon Clarke’s on a role but he’s never been a consistent championship scorer and I don’t see his current run lasting too much longer.

As for us we know the course and should have enough to be able to target the play-offs but the problem for us is the atmosphere amongst the fans is poor due to an expected Top 2 push not yet and probably unlikely to materialise plus the aforementioned form of United.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Both Wolves and the Blades are showing the kind of form that gets you promotion.

I think Wolves may drop off during the winter months given the type of players they have and generally rely on.

As for United I think the reality of being at the top end of the table will cause them to be up and down. They seemed to struggle with being the Top Dogs when they went to QPR and then Forest go and turn QPR over 4-0 today. Leon Clarke’s on a role but he’s never been a consistent championship scorer and I don’t see his current run lasting too much longer.

As for us we know the course and should have enough to be able to target the play-offs but the problem for us is the atmosphere amongst the fans is poor due to an expected Top 2 push not yet and probably unlikely to materialise plus the aforementioned form of United.

I think the pigs doing well has compounded our misery. But now I think people are taking them more seriously,  we can just concentrate on what we are doing.

I think people are starting to accept they are decent and are over it. As long as we can get wins that is. 

They and wolves will take some catching though.  

They will need a proper wobble and us to be very consistent.