Would you sell one key player in January?

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would play him in a free role behind the strikers, he would be a lot more effective there, what was called the Paul Scholes or Paul Gascoigne role just in behind the striker but dictating play. 

No problem with your opinion, but that's all it can be, an opinion. He hasn't played that role for us so it's a total guess as to whether it would suit him or the team.

For example, Carlos has stated it would not suit FF, and he will not play him there. I'm not Carlos's biggest fan so Im not going to say he is right.

Out left he has been a fantastic and unquestionable success. For him personally it has seen him score an amount of goals that puts him in the Knockaert, Jota, Ince bracket, if not higher. For the team in two successive seasons his 15 starts wide (9 in 15/16 and 6 in 16/17) and his several HT switches to wide have amassed such a points tally as to transform us from top ten to top six.

Why do you think he is wasted out left?

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I would play him in a free role behind the strikers, he would be a lot more effective there, what was called the Paul Scholes or Paul Gascoigne role just in behind the striker but dictating play. 

He could play there but personally I'd start Bannan there, start FF left and just let him drift in and out.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

So we don’t know how much he’s on then.

Also i’d add that in this day and age, £1m really isn’t a lot for a player of his experience/quality, after all we played just under that amount for Stevie May.

No we don't.

But we don't know how much any player is on.

Therefore, if we take that attitude we may as well never discuss anything regarding transfers.

But of course we don't do that because with most players we can make reasonably accuarate assumptions.

Such as we assume Hooper isn't on £100K per week therefore we assume that somebody may give a decent fee if they think he may give them a final push towards promotion.

Likewise, because of all the reasons I stated, we can safely assume Jones is on a decent wedge.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Lee, Hutchinson and Abdi will never be fit to play Championship football ever again.....patched up and used possibly but never fit and always on the verge of not even being able to be patched up for any given game.

Picture doesn't look as healthy with that in mind

:laugh:

30 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Think Id test out the market back in holland and let Van Aken go back,and maybe testing the market with regard to Abdi moving on,and if he gets no game time maybe recoup our losses on Matias.

Christ, thats very supportive of you in regards to Van Aken. 

Matias is a wasted wage really, so yeh I'm with you on that one. 

58 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Think Id test out the market back in holland and let Van Aken go back,and maybe testing the market with regard to Abdi moving on,and if he gets no game time maybe recoup our losses on Matias.

Given time van aken will be a top player patience has its rewards 

1 hour ago, jamiejohn said:

Given time van aken will be a top player patience has its rewards 

Patience - there’s a great word. Unfortunately today’s world has an obsession with instant gratification.

For what it’s worth I’m 100% with you. Given time and encouragement we could have a prize defender in Van Aiken.  Just look at how Reach is developing - I seem to recall many posters on here writing him off way too early.

On 11/3/2017 at 15:22, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Fans still peddling that tried to "force a move" crap.

Winnall was the one loaned out........................funny how according to some Fessi is a trouble-causer but still remains a swfc player.

Prima donna,Blah,Blah,fan made up up crap.

Four transfer window opportunities to "leave,force a move" but he's still here..............................think it says more about some of our fans mindset with regards to him to be honest,than anything else.

Sideways view of this is that judging by Winnall's comments last week is that he wants out. 

Cant blame him, signed him as a number 9 and then bought a more expensive one 4 weeks later.

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No problem with your opinion, but that's all it can be, an opinion. He hasn't played that role for us so it's a total guess as to whether it would suit him or the team.

For example, Carlos has stated it would not suit FF, and he will not play him there. I'm not Carlos's biggest fan so Im not going to say he is right.

Out left he has been a fantastic and unquestionable success. For him personally it has seen him score an amount of goals that puts him in the Knockaert, Jota, Ince bracket, if not higher. For the team in two successive seasons his 15 starts wide (9 in 15/16 and 6 in 16/17) and his several HT switches to wide have amassed such a points tally as to transform us from top ten to top six.

Why do you think he is wasted out left?

You make some strange statements. FF has never shown the consistency nor completeness in his few outings on the left to be bracketed with Knockaert.

It's nonsense, he is not even the best left winger at our club

27 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You make some strange statements. FF has never shown the consistency nor completeness in his few outings on the left to be bracketed with Knockaert.

It's nonsense, he is not even the best left winger at our club

Really?

Here they are again. The 15 games he started left.

Wolves 4-1

Brum 3-0

Fulham 1-0

Burnley 1-1

Bolton 3-2

Brentford 4-0

PNE 0-1 (Red at nil-nil)

Blackburn 2-1

Cardiff 3-0

16/17

Brentford 1-1

Wigan 2-1

Forest 2-1

Brum 3-0

Norwich 5-1

Burton 1-1

Combined Pl 15. W11. D3. L1. GF 35. GA 11

Not consistent? 

And thats at without adding the many games Carlos switched him from up top at or after HT.

Havent trotted those figures out for a while!