Would you sell one key player in January?

try and shift Abdi, Matias & Dave first. after that try and cash in on any value that is left for Hirst as he obviously isn't going to get any game time with us

these two don't get any where near the first team so wouldn't be any loss

out of the first team squad Pudil might easy be surpless to requirements if Fox carries on like the other night and we also have Reach as cover.

also dont think we can carry Butterfield, Lee, Bannan, Jones and Hutch when he is fit

Before the end of the last transfer window Sheffield Wednesday reportedly turned down £17m from Fulham for Forestieri, If this was true and it was on Sky so they normally check their source then this would be only classified as completely insane by the club to turn down. Every player has a price and £17m for Fessi is a very good price we could have strengthened other areas of the pitch we needed and still have money in the bank.

If we could get this sort of offer again I would have to say sell, Fessi is a fantastic player but he is wasted playing on the left and Carlos will not play him in a free attacking midfielder role which he would thrive in, so if you are not to play players in their best position then get a good price for him.

I would also say to Derby do you want to buy Winnall on a permanent transfer quote them £3 to 4m and pocket the cash and use to bring in a loan pacing winger from Liverpool they have 3 very good ones I think will be loaned out in January, Or Ben 10 who again will be made available to loan in January.  

37 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Bannan is the last player i'd sell . anyone else can go for me.

This. How anyone can contemplate selling Bannan is beyond me. Most of our creative play comes from him and we'd be at a loss without him unless we had an amazing replacement. Most teams in the Championship would be falling over themselves to sign him if they could. 

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Plays best on the left and the team performs best with him on the left, but by accounts has indicated that he wants to play up top and in the centre not wide.

So we have a player coming off a major injury, who doesn't want to play the position we need him to play

I hope @scram reads this lol

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Before the end of the last transfer window Sheffield Wednesday reportedly turned down £17m from Fulham for Forestieri, If this was true and it was on Sky so they normally check their source then this would be only classified as completely insane by the club to turn down. Every player has a price and £17m for Fessi is a very good price we could have strengthened other areas of the pitch we needed and still have money in the bank.

If we could get this sort of offer again I would have to say sell, Fessi is a fantastic player but he is wasted playing on the left and Carlos will not play him in a free attacking midfielder role which he would thrive in, so if you are not to play players in their best position then get a good price for him.

I would also say to Derby do you want to buy Winnall on a permanent transfer quote them £3 to 4m and pocket the cash and use to bring in a loan pacing winger from Liverpool they have 3 very good ones I think will be loaned out in January, Or Ben 10 who again will be made available to loan in January.  

The only publically made bid for fessi at anytime during his time here was a derisory £7 million from Derby,never mind what some "journo" who works for a national was saying at the time,Newcastle want him for £10 mill,Fulham will offer £13 mill,during the summer and january windows there were no knowledgeable ones confirmed by Sky,bbc local or national,this place clung to said "journos" words like it/he was ITK,it was all maybe's,could do,may do,cack.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The only publically made bid for fessi at anytime during his time here was a derisory £7 million from Derby,never mind what some "journo" who works for a national was saying at the time,Newcastle want him for £10 mill,Fulham will offer £13 mill,during the summer and january windows there were no knowledgeable ones confirmed by Sky,bbc local or national,this place clung to said "journos" words like it/he was ITK,it was all maybe's,could do,may do,cack.

This started a few days before the transfer window closed from the Sun

Fulham are reported by The Sunday Sun and West London sport to be considering making a £12m bid for Owls talented forward-cum-winger Fernando Forestieri. 

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=502616#ixzz4xO93LMBe

Then one the final day on the transfer window on Sky Sports news it reported that Fulham had made raised their offer to £17m for Forestieri - I was watching the sports transfer day and it came up on the screen about 8pm onwards that they had increased their offer the £17m. I cannot find a screenshot anywhere so if you chose not to believe me, it really does not matter in the scheme of things.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This started a few days before the transfer window closed from the Sun

Fulham are reported by The Sunday Sun and West London sport to be considering making a £12m bid for Owls talented forward-cum-winger Fernando Forestieri. 

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=502616#ixzz4xO93LMBe

Then one the final day on the transfer window on Sky Sports news it reported that Fulham had made raised their offer to £17m for Forestieri - I was watching the sports transfer day and it came up on the screen about 8pm onwards that they had increased their offer the £17m. I cannot find a screenshot anywhere so if you chose not to believe me, it really does not matter in the scheme of things.

Think you may have misunderstood my point,the one confirmed bid that was made for and turned down  was the one  by derby..............yes ?

The article you linked says "considering",so my point is still valid,it/they/ were all "maybe,could do,might do".

I too,had transfer centre on all day,every potential,possible,confirmed deal was "info bar",didn't see anything about fessi.

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Fans still peddling that tried to "force a move" crap.

Winnall was the one loaned out........................funny how according to some Fessi is a trouble-causer but still remains a swfc player.

Prima donna,Blah,Blah,fan made up up crap.

Four transfer window opportunities to "leave,force a move" but he's still here..............................think it says more about some of our fans mindset with regards to him to be honest,than anything else.

Hold on, are you trying to suggest that Forestieri didn't refuse to play?

He even was forced to pen an apology letter for heaven's sake.

As for Winnall being on loan, he went on to play in the following games, while FF sat them out.

He's a good footballer, but let's not try and pretend that he isn't also a little whiny brat.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If Winnall keeps going let he has been, he's going to be worth more than £4 mil with the way transfer fees are going.

If he can keep it up, I wouldn't be surprised if we could get £6 - 8 for him.

Just now, Indoor Owl said:

Hold on, are you trying to suggest that Forestieri didn't refuse to play?

He even was forced to pen an apology letter for heaven's sake.

As for Winnall being on loan, he went on to play in the following games, while FF sat them out.

He's a good footballer, but let's not try and pretend that he isn't also a little whiny brat.

No,what i am doing is calling,you or anyone else out on the "tried to force a move" cack.

And i've always found it better to make shyte up about a player,than say nothing or be as factual as possible,but hey thats just how i roll.

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

No,what i am doing is calling,you or anyone else out on the "tried to force a move" cack.

And i've always found it better to make shyte up about a player,than say nothing or be as factual as possible,but hey thats just how i roll.

So why did Forestieri refuse to travel and play?

Why did he have to apologize to coach, chairman, and team?

Why did he pen the apology letter to fans?

It's not a matter of opinion or stirred up stuff on a fan forum - this actually happened.

Edited by Indoor Owl

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Refused to play and tried to hold the club hostage to force a move.

Training ground bust up with Winnall that saw him held out of other games.

Plays best on the left and the team performs best with him on the left, but by accounts has indicated that he wants to play up top and in the centre not wide.

So we have a player coming off a major injury, who doesn't want to play the position we need him to play, who has tried to force his way out of Wednesday by refusing to play on game day.

Talented player, but I've no use for that type of prima donna selfish player with how deep our striking options are.

But apart from that, why don’t you like him? lol