Poppy badge with owl

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

May I ask, what constitutes an illegal and a legal invasion?

Of course you may.

Plenty of information out there if you care to look.

And while you are looking, check up on the number of people who were slaughtered, civilians and armed forces.

Don't forget, we were told that we, as a nation were in imminent danger from Iraqi "weapons of mass distruction"

With possibly, only a 45 minute warning,  before attack.

We were peddled this Lie as an absolute fact.

It shames our nation that those responsible for the Lies and Deception, have not been held to account .

@M Royds I think you're reading too much into it. All he's saying is that the British Legion could've raised more money had they taken that approach.

5 hours ago, modboy said:

I don't understand the need for a joint swfc / poppy badge. 

Isn't this much bigger than football allegiances? 

Isn't that the point? I see it as a way for the footballing community to come together and show support for a worthy cause. You could look at it as the club's way of paying respect to the Wednesday players that served and died during WW1.

Edited by Woozie

Those proud of club and country badges make me feel a bit queasy. I'm not proud of how millions of young working class boys were needlessly sent to their deaths thanks to clueless upper class generals who despised us and used us as cannon fodder with no effective or strategic plan. Lest us forget, those men need to be remembered So the same mistakes are not made again!

• Thanks 1